Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where is Equestria?

Grtxkkyz

Where in Earth do you think Equestria is???Is it an island???Another planet???(gasp,alien ponies!!!)or is it inside the dungeons and dragons setting,which seems plausible cause Hasbro owns them both.Tell me what you think.

Another planet if thinking logically. It being on this earth is simply illogical, and multiple references to our galaxy are made, such as Twilight seeing the Horsehead galaxy.
  • Brohoof 8

How 'bout this; Equestria is located on an Earth that is in a parallel dimension!!!!! Which basically means that Pinkie Pie could still whip a human out of thin air if she pulled him/her out of one of her space-time continuum ripping portals; hey, it could happen, I mean she did the same exact thing with Vinyl (YOU ALL KNOW THAT'S WHAT REALLY HAPPENED, I MEAN, C'MON, SHE WASN'T JUST WAITING UNDER THE TABLE OR SOMETHING!!! THAT'D SIMPLY MAKE TOO MUCH SENSE FOR PINKIE PIE)!!!!!!

• Brohoof 6

It's a country on another planet. Given you can travel from Ponyville to Canterlot by train in a day and a bit (judging from MMMystery on The Friendship Express), which when I calculated was around 3840km, 160km/h or 100mph times 24h). So if we assume that Canterlot is on the edge of Equestria (Changeling desert in view), and Ponyville as the center, then 3840 is the radius, do some magic, and bam,

46 324 668.6km2

About the size of Asia. Of course train speed is the biggest factor, since we don't know their technology (im assuming its modern conventional train)

Of course, I'm also assuming Canterlot is on the edge and Ponyville is in the middle, which is not true according to EQD, but I'm sticking with mine due to current locations (Manehattan can spot Ponyville with rainboom, Ponyville can spot Canterlot, Cloudsdale is just about above Ponyville, since Fluttershy dropped straight from the flight school to the outskirts of Ponyville) and observations in A Canterlot Wedding (Canterlot can spot changeling desert)

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

It's a country on another planet. Given you can travel from Ponyville to Canterlot by train in a day and a bit (judging from MMMystery on The Friendship Express), which when I calculated was around 3840km, 160km/h or 100mph times 24h). So if we assume that Canterlot is on the edge of Equestria (Changeling desert in view), and Ponyville as the center, then 3840 is the radius, do some magic, and bam,
46 324 668.6km2

About the size of Asia. Of course train speed is the biggest factor, since we don't know their technology (im assuming its modern conventional train)
Of course, I'm also assuming Canterlot is on the edge and Ponyville is in the middle, which is not true according to EQD, but I'm sticking with mine due to current locations (Manehattan can spot Ponyville with rainboom, Ponyville can spot Canterlot, Cloudsdale is just about above Ponyville, since Fluttershy dropped straight from the flight school to the outskirts of Ponyville) and observations in A Canterlot Wedding (Canterlot can spot changeling desert)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah... those three pics were basically me for the next 5 minutes after reading your post. Gosh dang man! 'A' for effort! B) Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 2

It's a country on another planet. Given you can travel from Ponyville to Canterlot by train in a day and a bit (judging from MMMystery on The Friendship Express), which when I calculated was around 3840km, 160km/h or 100mph times 24h)........

Given their technology level, 160km/h seems far too fast. The trains shown were steam trains, and from what I've heard, they go about 55km/h. Use this speed and keep everything else, then Equestria is 5473911 km2 ,about half the size of the USA. But, I doubt that everything else you said is accurate.

I'd imagine that Canterlot would likely be near the center of Equestria, for ease of communication since it's the capital. Also, I doubt that Ponyville is actually 1320km away from Canterlot, considering that Canterlot can be seen from Ponyville. I find it more likely that the train just took from late afternoon to early morning (about 12 hours) and there was some sort of delay that made the trip take so long. According to this, in extremely clear conditions, one can rarely see more than a couple hundred kilometers. Given that Canterlot is fairly easy to see in the distance, it's probably no more than 100km away. If I use 100km as the distance between Canterlot and Ponyville, and make Canterlot in the center of Equestria and Ponyville on it's edge, then Equestria is 31416km2​ , about the size of Italy. Over analyzing FTW!

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Given their technology level, 160km/h seems far too fast. The trains shown were steam trains, and from what I've heard, they go about 55km/h. Use this speed and keep everything else, then Equestria is 5473911 km2 ,about half the size of the USA. But, I doubt that everything else you said is accurate.

I'd imagine that Canterlot would likely be near the center of Equestria, for ease of communication since it's the capital. Also, I doubt that Ponyville is actually 1320km away from Canterlot, considering that Canterlot can be seen from Ponyville. I find it more likely that the train just took from late afternoon to early morning (about 12 hours) and there was some sort of delay that made the trip take so long. According to this, in extremely clear conditions, one can rarely see more than a couple hundred kilometers. Given that Canterlot is fairly easy to see in the distance, it's probably no more than 100km away. If I use 100km as the distance between Canterlot and Ponyville, and make Canterlot in the center of Equestria and Ponyville on it's edge, then Equestria is 31416km2​ , about the size of Italy. Over analyzing FTW!

oh so you want to play the overanalyzing game? Time to get the EQD version map out then:

Posted Image

Clearly larger than italy

Edited by Whiteshade
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

Well, I would say on a planet that is somewhat near the sun, seeing as how Celestia raises it everyday.

Any star can be a sun.

oh so you want to play the overanalyzing game? Time to get the EQD version map out then:

Posted Image

All those puns just made my eyes bleed.

Edited by HylianMadness

Posted Image

This map gives no scale to base size off of. Those mountains could be Everest-size, or little more than steep hills. Also, this map has little evidence of being an accurate map of Equestria.

Let's look at it in this way:

1.They live on another planet within the Milky Way but it's way too far from our solar system for us to ever find it.It has it's own sun which Celestia has managed to control and probably create as well and it's own moon as well.Humans and Ponies live in one dimension but they neither know the other exist or maybe Ponies see them as a myth and humans have never heard of them.

2.They live on earth but in a parallel dimension where Ponies are the dominant race and humans were never created.Equestria is probably somewhere Europe and there may be other Pony kingdoms and ofcourse the Griffon kingdoms scattered all over their earth but were only told about Equestria.

3.Humans died out in a humongous war.Animals became dominant.Griffons,sea monsters and other mythological creatures had always existed but they were afraid to come out because of the humans.When the humans were gone all animals came out and started their own kingdom and some how developed human like brains.

• Brohoof 3