Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A MLP episode dealing with death

Grtxkkyz

What if there would be a MLP episode dealing with death???What would happen???Would you watch it???How'd you feel???It's likely to happen,as MLP teaches life lessons which can greatky help us and there are lots of MLP fanfics dealing with death out there.

I would be indifferent. I don't see how that would change it from any other episode.

I don't want to even think about it!

If somepony died.., that would be horrible!!

He never said that it would revolve around a pony dying, just the concept of death. Plus multiple death references have already been made, such as the cancer pony and the funeral with a coffin during the "Perfect Stallion" song.

• Brohoof 4

I like to joke around and say that there should be an episode where one of the ponies dies a slow and painful death, but if that actually happened...

I'm not sure what I would think 0_o

Depends: Who is dieing?

If they did something revolving around death, I doubt it'd be one of the main characters or supporting characters. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if it were something like one of the ponies' pets or maybe one of Fluttershy's many animal friends, something not seen much, and something of which doesn't have lasting connections to fans like any of the real characters. Just to not upset any fans of any characters, and because it IS rated Y young xD

Ooooor the alternative is kill someone and bring them back, but I prefer the first idea. Bringing people back get's lame quickly.

• Brohoof 2

I would be indifferent. I don't see how that would change it from any other episode.

He never said that it would revolve around a pony dying, just the concept of death. Plus multiple death references have already been made, such as the cancer pony and the funeral with a coffin during the "Perfect Stallion" song.

What episode was that?

(edited)

What episode was that?

Hearts and Hooves Day

wow epic double ninja >.>

Also I don't think they'll do death, the closest so far is sealing Discord in stone, which isn't that close

Edited by Whiteshade

Hmmm,how about the granny(not granny smith)or grandpa of somepony dying of old age and that one pony having his/her first experience with death???

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Best candidate for a death-related episode: Trixie

I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Should really be Snips and Snails.

No, but really Trixie.

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 8

Oh please no. Enough with the death-centered fanfictions. Just don't carry it all the way to the canon characters

I would drown in tears if someone in the inner circle of the show died :(

I honestly would love to see that. Well... not love... bad choice of words. But what I mean is I think the concept of death is a very important lesson to teach children and something that is far to glossed over until it actually becomes a reality for that child and much harder to deal with because of it. I love seeing shows brave enough to handle the full concept not just allude to it as we've seen.

I like what ~Chaotic Discord~ said about having one of Fluttershy's animal friends pass away. I think she would be the perfect pony to carry the episode and explore its lesson and the animal friend would be just close enough for the audience to care without being so close that it's traumatizing or makes the show to difficult to watch thereafter with the missing character.

I think an episode dealing with loss is more likely.

For example, Gummy grows up and needs to be released into the wild,

and Pinkie has to deal with the loss.

~

• Brohoof 5

Honestly I would like to see that happening.

Not to mane 6, but maybe to Zecora or ohter not too important pony.

(Or just turn Rainbow Factory fanfic to an episode)

~

Champion Shank! Why would you ever want to make Pinkie sad?!

YOU...MONSTER.

• Brohoof 1

~

Or with spike, but just thinking of that is so sad.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Not to backseat moderate, but I thought for sure we had a topic on this.

Anyway, I've said in the past (I think) that the easiest avenues by which to explore this theme are either a one-shot character (i.e., an elderly pony befriended by one of the Mane Six over the course of the episode) or Granny Smith. The latter would hit rather hard given her recurring role on the show. And seeing Apple Bloom crying, let alone AJ, would be tough to take.

Edited by Thereisnospoon303

Don't you think that'd be a bit mature for the intended demographic? Not that anyone in that demographic is a viewer of the show, but still...

Honestly I would like to see that happening.

Not to mane 6, but maybe to Zecora or ohter not too important pony.

(Or just turn Rainbow Factory fanfic to an episode)

Posted Image

Nopony insinuates that Zecora should die. Do you really need to question why? :(

Anyways, I agree an episode dealing with death could be a good thing, but having it be a thinking creature would be too harsh for My Little Pony. Perhaps have one of Applejack's prized trees get burned/chopped down/otherwise destroyed? Would get the message across without scarring the kids, AKA the "target" demographic. ;)

I too might remember a similar topic to this existing, but I may be wrong. I've been wrong before.

• Brohoof 1

Don't you think that'd be a bit mature for the intended demographic? Not that anyone in that demographic is a viewer of the show, but still...

Depends on how it's handled. If done correctly, it can shed light on something we all must confront in one way or another. The death, I imagine, would happen off-screen but be mentioned on-screen so the viewer could make the connection.

I think not. Death would dumb down the lightheartedness of the show. The thing is with the problems they deal with it's fine to make jokes about. A topic like this would be downright wrong especially a kids show.