Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Legend of Everfree's animation looks seriously downgraded

TheAnimatorOfficial

Now I know the EG franchise has always looked notably worse than FIM, but dear god does this film look BAD. The entire camp looks like a MS paint drawing of Gravity Falls, the new characters (especially the purple-reddish one) look like Ahmed and Salim, and... what the hell is this thing:

post-36212-0-20527800-1469287085_thumb.png

I'm really glad they're separating the human leg from the pony leg, 'cause it looks like they don't give a damn anymore about this. Here's to no EG5.

It doesn't look that bad. I think you're overreacting.

The animation for both of the show and the movies have always improving sense day 1 and I don't see any exception to this.

Especially given the backgrounds from the movie that have been released and how gorgeous they look.

If anything this might be the EQG film with the best animation to come out of the franchise.

• Brohoof 5

Oh god, this is just wrong.

I know you don't like the series (i do too) but don't be biased against it. The animation is almost as good, as FiM.

Even these forums have threads made with the only purpose is to troll. I am hyped for this film and new pony powers for the girls. Seeing Rarity create a Gem shield made me sqeeee. If your not into it....Don watch it????

It's fine to not like the EqG series, but you might be jumping the gun here. Yeah the animation never really was on par with that of FiM, but it's been a marked improvement since the first Equestria Girls. Heck, I think the animation from the trailer shows a slight improvement from FG; though not up there with RR.

As for your other remark, while I doubt we'll be seeing pony Twilight in this film, the link to Equestria/FiM is still there. I'll paraphrase the comment from what I remember:

So this creature was booted from Equestria and ended up here?

Or something along those lines, but EqG is still inherently linked with FiM and I doubt that will change anytime soon. Also, hoping for a EqG5. :)

Is looks pretty sharp and with the addition of magical superpowers so we can guarantee to see some stellar special effects. The environment is different too from the school settings in the previous films so the addition of the trees, sky and the outdoor lighting would add more detail to the already great animation.