Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general questions How to link to a profile inside a post?

Tidycablez
Go to solution Solved by Fhaolan,

I see people link to profiles inside of posts; for example "@Tidycables".  But when I type a @member-name it just shows up as text without linking to that profile.  How do I do this correctly?

Thank you!

I noticed that you use a hyphen when you try to mention users. When I mention users, I execute it as such with an equal sign as well as brackets:

post-14906-0-46854000-1469326714.png

• Brohoof 1

@@Tidycablez

screenshot.png

The @ bit doesn't actually do anything. It's a syntax hold-over from other systems. You could just put

[member=Tidycablez]

and it works just fine.

• Brohoof 1

I dont understand because its still not working as shown.  Could you post a screenshot of exactly what you're typing in the post editor window?

First, type an "@" symbol. Then, without any space, type a "[" symbol. Then, without any space, type the word "member". Then, without any space, type an "= symbol. Then, without any space, type in the username of the user you want to mention. Finally, without any space, type a ]" symbol. 

• @
  • [
  • =
  • username of user you want to mention
  • ]

Once completed, it should look like this:

post-14906-0-52967700-1469329520.png

(Don't actually type the word "username". That is where you type in the username of the user you want to mention)

The doubt of the user has been resolved, so I can close this topic. Have a nice day, and if you have any other doubt, don't be afraid of making another topic!