Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

video Where's Millard?

LHfunk

(edited)

So last week I was taking place in a little film camp where we learned about the different things that go into making a movie and the different stuff you can do with the camera and lighting and such. We also made a short film titled Where's Millard? Bu short film I mean about six minutes.

Anyway, if you'd like to hear some more on the context of it, keep reading. If not, just skip down and watch the video.

So the idea for this film came about in a strange way. At first we all had different ideas. However, our teacher person (he was a professor at the nearby college) had a different idea. We all came up with an idea for these four categories: Genre (I put Sci-Fi), Film Technique (I put Found Footage), Required Prop (I put Electronics), and Required Line (I put, "But we don't HAVE motion detectors!"). We put them into a hat and drew them out. This is what we ended up with: A Sci-Fi film that has Found Footage and a Mirror Shot, with the required props being a One Man Band, Heelys, and a Pen, with the required lines being "But we don't HAVE motion detectors!" and "It's like awkwardness cubed up in here." As you can see, three out of the four things I put ended up being required, and since found footage requires some sort of camera, electronics was also technically required. Also, we needed a basic premise, which also ended up being mine: a group of kids explores a creepy old building.

After all that was sorted out, we were put into to groups and each group had to write one of the scenes. That was a bit complicated and ended up with an argument between me and this one really annoying girl named Camden. Anyway, once that was together, we had our movie set. Basically, a gaggle of kids go into a creepy old building and are exploring when strange things start to happen, and eventually aliens appear, and it's left on a cliffhanger (also one of the kids named Millard disappears and that's why they keep exploring after creepy things happen). The day we were to start shooting, the person with the script and the Heelys didn't show up. So we had to improvise. It turned out ok, even though the person never showed up. 

Anyway, I feel I've explained enough, so here's the movie!

(The guy who records with his phone is me, Millard is my brother, and the main girl person that drags everyone into the building is the annoying girl named Camden)

PS ~ That random bit at the end was the only blooper we could add because the computer we were using was having problems. 

Edited by LHfunk