Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Anthro Slice of Life Redux ((OPEN!))

Denim&Venöm

(edited)

(Please read: This game was not started by me, but do to circumstances and the absence of the original GM, I have been awarded permission to now manage this RP. That being said, the rules and intro post are more or less the same, and the game will go on business as usual. Hopefully I will live up to the task and not disappoint)

The last one kinda petered out, so let's do another! ((IC HERE: https://mlpforums.co...-of-life-redux/))

RULES: Anthro characters. Species doesn't matter. Just run it by us first.

Same rules as the forums, with a couple more for flow and ease of transition between users. 3rd Person, Past Tense- he did this, she went there, they said such-and-such, that kind of thing.

Reasonable 'power' levels. Slice of Life means no superpowered kids running amok. Yes, pegasi can fly. Yes, unicorns can do magic. Yes, dragons can fly, shoot fire and fax messages.

Combat... realistically there wouldn't be much. But if there IS, it's be more in the line of "formal martial arts" like fencing or MMA. No Gurren Lagann up in here.

Anthro means humanoid- bipedal movement, hands, humanoid features (two eyes, two ears, one nose, one mouth- y'all know what humanoid is :-P )

RACES: Pegasus, Unicorn Earth Pony, Zebra, Minotaur, Buffalo, all kinds of things. Mammals, reptiles, birds, aquatics, heck even dinosaurs are ok- so long as they are anthro and in the 5ft-8ft tall range, you're good.

Cutie marks exist on pony and ponylike races, but as they are in a 'risque' place (since characters here are analogous to humans, having their upper thigh/buttocks exposed is typically reserved for beachwear), characters typically have their cutie mark emblazoned on clothing or accessories, as well

SETTING: University style, at Luna U in the scenic metropolis of Salt Lick City. There are dorms, on-campus apartment style housing, and off-campus 'duplex' housing for students. No, you don't HAVE to play a student, but we can't all be staff, right? ;-)

The University staff consists of: the university President (NPC)
The Board, made up of the Dean of each college (fine arts, Equinities, science & engineering, social science, medical/dental, political science, athletics). Each college covers multiple core subjects. Combat Arts and Ballet would be in Athletics, while IT and Mechanical Engineering would be in science & engineering, for example.

Each department is administered by a Bey, who coordinates the curricula and other requirements for students majoring in a subject within that department. Additionally, Beys are required to teach an intro level course, as well as an upper division course, within their department. This is to give the students familiarity with staff, as well as ensure that the subjects themselves are taught by experienced and knowledgeable staff.

And of course, each subject has professors that teach it.

CHARACTERS: We'll say three per user for now, depends on how things go, unless you're running a group within the game, like a club, a band or a family. Again, run it by us.

If you have any questions, please do feel free to ask myself or my Co-GM @@Mentis Soliloquy

To join in, please put the following in your character app:

Name:

Race:

Appearance:

Skin/Coat color:

Eye color:

Hair color:

Special Talent (Pony or Zebra):

Cutiemark(Located on thigh and probably clothing):

Major(Doesn't have to be related to talent):

Orientation:

Personality:

Backstory:

Thank you for joining our RP and we hope you have fun here.

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Just gonna copy and past both my characters from the other RP into this. Don't mind me.

Might as well see what I can do with this, assuming the rp is still open.

Name: Scarlet

Species: Hawk

Personality: Serious and stubborn most of the time, but has a caring heart when it comes to those that are close to her.

Major:

Appearance:

sig-4616102.sig-4449594.siami_furuchi_by

Name:Nero

Species: Snake (King Cobra)

Personality: Nero is extremely intelligent, open minded in most cases, and somewhat charismatic

Major:Robotics

Appearance: http://orig06.deviantart.net/bdba/f/2009/218/2/2/224c8c7935250d7ece734e8e9102ca73.png

Edited by Acnologia

(edited)

It's been a long time since I was last in an RP. Hopefully this'll get me back in the swing of things.

Name: Blitz

Species: Dragon

Personality: Blitz is very smart and prefers to spend time outside. Some may see him as lazy, but he does have a strong work ethic. He is also somewhat self concious about himself and is afraid of what others might think of him. This causes him to be somewhat reserved. If one can get him to open up, they find that he is actually nicer than he looks.

Major:Biochemistry

http://orig14.devian...een-d32b18k.jpg

Name: Apep

Species: Snake (Anaconda to be precise)

Personality: While she does have a hard time expressing what she is feeling, Dawn tends to be energetic on most days and isn't afraid to get messy if it's for a good cause. She also has a creative mind, which helps her in her line of work.

Appaearance: Apep is 5.21 meters in length (17.1 feet) with violet scales and emerald eyes. She also has a silver grey underbelly. She also has patterns on her back reminiscent of a ball python.

Major: Art

http://orig05.deviantart.net/7171/f/2015/068/0/0/commission__naga_lucern_by_sepisnake-d8l42gg.png

Edited by Drago Ryder

May as well put myself into the mix like the last time.

Name: Copper Strikes

Race: Earth Pony

Appearance: (Earth Pony version, since I have no anthro version)

5b77542004ef6ef7a35fe94c1941042f.jpg

Personality: He's a no nonsense pony who is sometimes stubborn, but has pride in his fellow Earth Ponies.

Special Talent: Spin Dash

Major: Engineering

Backstory(But does not include the parts about unicorn magic for an Earth Pony): https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/copper-strikes-r9599

(edited)

Suppose I'll be adding the two characters I had! Changed the appearance of Ocean a little. :)

Name: Ocean Ryder

Race: Snow leopard

Appearance: Ocean is a short, and slightly plump and curvy. She has light lavender fur speckled with darker rosettes, and a long, puffy tail. Her fluffy ears are quite round and scruffy, accompanying her shoulder-length, dark lavender (with soft blonde highlights), unkempt hair and tomboyish fashion sense. Ocean has a tendency to wear black band t-shirts and spangled leggings, as well as a velvety dark hoodie and short buckled boots.

Skin/Coat color: Pale lavender

Eye color: Cobalt blue

Hair color: Dark lavender, blonde streaks

Major(Doesn't have to be related to talent): English and writing

Orientation: Questioning

Personality: Ocean is very bubbly and outgoing, but only around friends and family. She can be very awkward around those she hasn't gotten to know, so finds it difficult to make new friends. She isn't one to strike up conversations herself, although once she has started talking she never wants to stop; she is also intelligent, and knows a lot about many topics. She greatly appreciates time to herself, to visit her favourite sites, watch videos and listen to music, and write stories and songs - on the other paw hand, Ocean can't bear the feeling of total lonesomeness. Ocean is something of a walking contradiction, with many clashing elements compiling her personality.

Backstory: Ocean grew up with her mother, father, and brother in a nearby city. She went through a few personal struggles, but got a good education and made several close friends. From a young age, she loved reading and writing.

Name: Savannah Hart

Race: Wolf

Appearance: sig-4616130.sig-4477171.5itAncu.png

(But an anthro version, of course, wearing a red tank top and maroon shorts.)

Skin/Coat color: Black, white, yellow

Eye color: Red

Hair color: Black with one red highlight

Major(Doesn't have to be related to talent): Dance

Orientation: Heterosexual

Personality: Savannah is very outgoing and quite confident, much unlike her best friend Ocean. She can be a little cocky at times, but refrains from attempting to offend most individuals - except when they impolite towards her. Her snappy nature and quick wit allow her to rapidly counter any insult thrown her way, but she can often say some words that she regrets uttering later. Savannah usually puts up a logical and valid argument, though. She tends to be happy but is always one to brood about both her problems and her friends and family's.

Backstory: Savannah began her life in the countryside, being raised by her mother, but they soon moved to the city where she attended high-school. She always had a great interest in performing arts, dancing in particular.

Edited by Wolves

Name: Kronos

Race: Earth Pony/Cyborg

Appearance:photo-thumb-36045.png?_r=1469733503(I know it's small, but that's the biggest size I can make Kronos for my profile picture. Art by Your Nightly Spectre, BTW, also it's unfinished according to him.)

Skin/Coat color: Dark Blue

Eye color: One red eye, one completely white eye.

Hair color: Dark Brown

Special Talent (Pony or Zebra): Playing music, being a cyborg, talking to animals, combat proficient

Cutiemark(Located on thigh and probably clothing): A black circle with three red stripes that make three equal-sized wedges in the circle, represents his military family lineage

Major(Doesn't have to be related to talent): Nursing

Orientation: Heterosexual

Personality: Noble, flirty, goofy, friendly, open-minded, caring

Backstory: He hails from an uncharted society known as Ragnarok, a military society where he is considered equal to that of a prince in Equestria. Being born in a military society, he was trained since he could walk. When he grew up, his battlefield prowess surpassed his father, Ulysses, and mother, Athena, but he is still surpassed by his older sister and friendly rival, Rhea. A wandering mercenary for hire by trade, but a musician by passion. He's also trained in various medicines after traveling to many indigenous villages and cultures, with one such visit initializing his intimate interest towards zebras after going through a village composed entirely of zebra mares.

So this is Slice of Life University?

If so, any slots for professors? I didn't see it mentioned in the brief.

• Brohoof 1

Name: Tyra Shatterhoof

Race: Earth Pony

Appearance: Short, wears a brown tunic and black pants, fur-lined cloak with her cutie mark embroidered on the back, dome-like helmet with little bird wings on her head

Skin/Coat color: Pale blue coat, white fur on hands/hooves

Eye color: Green

Hair color: Ginger, in braids

Special Talent: Fighting

Cutiemark: A double-edged axe with chipped blades, on her thighs but also has it on the back of her cloak

Major: Creative Writing

Orientation: Bisexual, leans toward females (Taken)

Personality: Loud and boisterous, overly friendly, extroverted as heck, energetic, curious and happy to try new things, but has a short temper and a strong sense of justice

Name: Quill

Race: Unicorn

Appearance: average unicorn mare, tends to wear long clothing.

Skin/Coat color: Brown, cream mane and tail, cream sock

Eye color: Blue

Hair color: Cream/blue

Special Talent (Pony or Zebra): thinking.

Cutiemark(Located on thigh and probably clothing): quill, over a scroll

Major(Doesn't have to be related to talent): reading

Orientation: pansexual

Personality: introverted, quite keeps to herself.

Backstory: Came to study at the university from the city of Trottingham.

post-35804-0-03952700-1469800988_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Characters

Character One:

Name: Scarlett

Race: Unicorn Pony

Appearance:

sig-4617245._commission__scarlett_s_butt

Coat color: Red

Eye color: Silver

Hair color: Purple and violet

Special Talent: Precision

Cutiemark: Pseudo-crosshair

Major: Dual IT and Mechanical Engineering Majors

Orientation: Pansexual

Personality: Extremely intelligent for her age. While a bit of a recluse, she enjoys the company of other people and is often seen as having a "bubbly" personality

Character Two:

Name: Watcher

Appearance:

sig-4617245.4LzigLv.png

Coat color: White

Eye color: Silver and light blue

Hair color: Hazel

Special Talent: Artificial communications and light manipulation

Cutiemark: 45 53 over a blue circle, under some lights the circle can appear aqua

Major: Dual IT and Mechanical Engineering Majors

Personality: A serious hard working person who, when not working, is very relaxed and open

Edited by Ethan Sawyer
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I dare myself say I haven't done something like this in a while. I guess I'll make a character based somewhat of me, that'd be interesting I guess.

Name: Elerik Appleth

Race: Earth-pony

Appearance: A rather standard male, he isn't too athletic. But he doesn't have that much fat on him either, he wears a set of silver and black styled thin glasses due to his short-sightedness. He almost always have a smile on his face and his hair keeps on flying around in the wind all it wants. His hands are rather small. Though despite his personality he loves black coloured clothes and can't stand wearing jeans, not that it's anybody's buisness. He often wears some light coloured pants and just a normal black t-shirt, if it's cold outside he wears a hoodie... Which most of the time are also black but he actually has clothes of all colours. Just that he almost never wears them.

Skin/Coat color: a pure ginger red, although they're rather short so he seems to be a bit more whitish saturating the colour to a scandinavian white colour.

Eye color: His eyes shift form blue to green to blue/green, he has some grayish colour mixed into the blue in his eyes. He also has one brown spot on each of his irises on the upper part of them.

Hair color: His hair was blond but is now more of a light red colour which when he hasn't showered changes to a darker shade of his normal hair.

Special Talent (Pony or Zebra): His special talent is in memorisation, though it is very specific as he has to actually be engaged in remembering the things. The things he have trouble with are names mostly. Otherwise he could remember almost any formula if he put his mind to it when he started. Once he needs to remember something that is stored deep in his brain he uses his creative imagination inside of his head to create a corridor which is endless towards both ways and has multiple doors which all lead to a specific topic which has sub-topics inside of them. Organizing everything like that is fun, even though he makes a mess in his room.

Cutiemark(Located on thigh and probably clothing): His Cutiemark is rather, odd if one might say. Why so? Because it is nothing but a void with a small insignificant dot in the middle, almost impossible to notice without staring with a microscope. Though, this dot is slowly becoming larger with how much he learns. What can we learn from this Cutiemark is the question though.

Major(Doesn't have to be related to talent): Engineering

Orientation: Bicurious. He originally leaned towards women before questioning if he actually liked other dudes. He also has no real drive to end up in bed with someone but sometimes imagine how it would be inside of his head, that's normal.

Personality: He loves talking to others even though he's quite shy of himself during first meetings and such. He hates to leave topics if he believes them to be unfinished and often end up repeating himself because of it, this can irritate most people but to him it's something natural. He isn't the best at social skills and he loved helping others, when he do help others he really puts a hundred percent on everything and if one looked into his eyes all they would see is DETERMINATION. He isn't racist or speciest of himself even though his family most of the time talk and act like they are which one might question would make him one but it doesn't. He dislikes inequality due to sexual preference and gender, as well as skin colour. Has trouble seeing the world from another's shoes and might unintentionally hurt somebody that way even though it is unintentional.

Backstory: When he was born his mother and father still weren't married and married before moving into a larger house so that they had enough space to house him and his two older sisters. He also had a third older sister who had already become an adult. When he became 3 years old he became an uncle to his sister's daughter. He was very invested into playing games and learned how to quickly adapt that way, his father however thought that due to his great intellect he had to study and only become smarter and smarter so that he could be satisfied with his own son. He was filed for child abuse to the police and was arrested when he became 12, after almost 10 years of child abuse. One would think he would have gone into depression or something like that but he didn't, he was bullied at school by a guy but he still didn't fall into despair and think negative thoughts, he had friends around him and even if he was a bit weird and quite bad at knowing how others feel. The bullying went on until 9th grade which then his bully and him went into different classes. Still in the same school but different wings of the school, he had lost contact with his first real friend and his best friend due to him moving to another school and he never really had a way to contact him since then. He had top score among most of the tests and competitions at school though he didn't exactly get the highest in PE or home economics. He also had trouble with art and music classes though. He got by in art class because his teacher was kind of an... Idiot, she rated everyone based on how they acted in class and how friendly they were instead of their actual art talents or how good they are at expressing them through it. He wasn't that good at doing his music class as he mostly just wanted to sing but got stage fright whenever he would sing infront of the class. He barely passed it, which is a good thing he said to himself. Fast forwarding through the rest as it mostly repeated itself until now, he now stand at the gate to Luna U, on his way to change the world through SCIENCE!

Well, uhhh... I think I kinda went overboard with being like me part but I did change some major and minor things... The art teacher thing is actually true though. (I didn't get good grades though. But this is IF I didn't end up in my ever spiraling depression but I digress)

This kinda went into my personal past a bit aswell but I don't really mind about that since you don't know if its fabricated or not. I could have just fabricated it to gain sympathy. I'm unsure myself now...  :blink: 

Note: The determination thing is more like he looks really focused and like he really enjoy doing it.

So this is Slice of Life University?

If so, any slots for professors? I didn't see it mentioned in the brief.

You can play a professor, sure. I'd like to avoid rigid slots, but since every pony thus far is going for student I don't think there will be balance issues. If that changes, I'll amend things accordingly. :)

Characters

Character One:

Name: Scarlett

Appearance:

sig-4617245._commission__scarlett_s_butt

Coat color: Red

Eye color: Silver

Hair color: Purple and violet

Special Talent: Precision

Cutiemark: Pseudo-crosshair

Role: Dean of Science and Engineering

Personality: Extremely intelligent for her age. While a bit of a recluse, she enjoys the company of other people and is often seen as having a "bubbly" personality

Character Two:

Name: Watcher

Appearance:

sig-4617245.4LzigLv.png

Coat color: White

Eye color: Silver and light blue

Hair color: Hazel

Special Talent: Artificial communications and light manipulation

Cutiemark: 45 53 over a blue circle, under some lights the circle can appear aqua

Major: Dual IT and Mechanical Engineering Majors

Personality: A serious hard working person who, when not working, is very relaxed and open

A Dean at age 19? Sorry, but no. Student is fine, or age up to play a Dean.

You can play a professor, sure. I'd like to avoid rigid slots, but since every pony thus far is going for student I don't think there will be balance issues. If that changes, I'll amend things accordingly. :)

A Dean at age 19? Sorry, but no. Student is fine, or age up to play a Dean.

You'd be surprised.

Anyway, typo on my part. Though, as we have no other teachers, I think I'd prefer to be a student.

Name: Mindie Fenris

Race: Grey Wolf

Appearance: 7ft tall. Wears rolled up jeans in combination w/ band t-shirts or long sleeves/ sweaters. 

Probably add more characters later

Skin/Coat color: grey coat. white paws up to the knee. white nads up to the forearm. white stomach, chest, tail tip & muzzle.

Eye color: light blue w/ silver pupils

Hair color: silver. shoulder length. long bangs.

Major(Doesn't have to be related to talent): Music Production, classical music, atheltics scholarship

Orientation: Homosexual

Personality: Calm, chill. Soft spoken. Reserved. Intellectual Tends to be the voice of reason in most situations.

Backstory: A musican who is joining her bandmates at Luna U, looking to further her skills in playing and production, as well as have a fall back should music not pan out as a career.  She's attending on an atheltic scholarship. .

• Brohoof 1

@@captainborgue,

I'd like to introduce two more if ya please.

Name: Miko Tachibana

Race: Kitsune

Appearance: Wears tank tops & band shirts. Differing types of shorts (gym, cargo, booty, short, cut offs) dog tags, trench coat.

Skin/Coat color: Patterend off a red fox. black paws 7 forearms. White stomach muzzle & tail tip. Cinnamon red fur everywhere else.

Eye color: Crimson

Hair color: Burgundy

Special Talent (Pony or Zebra):

Cutiemark(Located on thigh and probably clothing):

Major(Doesn't have to be related to talent): Music production, Graphic arts & design

Orientation: Bisexual

Personality: Loud. Rowdy. Witty. Sarcastic. Charismatic. Smart ass. Sly. Cunning. Very much treats the world as her stage. Can go from a zen philosopical intelectual to a riot starter in a snap.

Backstory: Attending Luna U was her bright idea, beign chepaer than internships and music lessons. Learnign the ins and outs of music production will save her band money in the long run. She also runs the College radio show, and puts heavy metal in the rotation every night, sneaking in at least oen fo her bands songs.

Name: Ruby Rain

Race: Thestral (bat pony)

Appearance: Wears band t's & cargo pants. Wears her mane in a bushy ponytail

Skin/Coat color: Burgundy

Eye color: Red.

Hair color: Crimson w/ dull pink highlights & bangs

Special Talent (Pony or Zebra): Skilled at guitar playing

Cutiemark(Located on thigh and probably clothing): A Black BC rich warlock lucky 8 w/ bat wings in front of a crescent moon

Major(Doesn't have to be related to talent): Classical music, musical composision, sound engineering.

Orientation: Homosexual

Personality: Get's flutered when complimented. Has self doubts. Anxious at times. Self depricating at other times. Is reserved and soft spoken around strangers, but engergetic & passionate around those she knows. Sometimes is the jealous type.

Backstory: A classically trained musician w/ a passion for heavy music. She went out into the world hoping to achieve her dream of just playing msuic for a living. Instead she was saddled w/ working odd jobs for minimum wage, living ina small shakc of an apartment, nto havign time to play all that much due to just workign to support herself. She practises when she can. Plays at whatver gigs & clubs will have her. But she doesn't have the means to make a living at the one thign she loves doign the most. Her special talent, her cutiemark, can't even put food on the table. And that frustrates her and breaks her heart to no end.

Enter Miko, who was looking for replacement members for her band. She gave Ruby a call and offered to fly her otu to Luna U. Miko had that much faith in her, now Ruby is gonan try and live up to it.

• Brohoof 1

Approved!

Please tell me you noticed this:

You'd be surprised.

Anyway, typo on my part. Though, as we have no other teachers, I think I'd prefer to be a student.

Please tell me you noticed this:

I did. Since I was under the impression you were changing the character bio as stated, that's what the approval was based upon. As that has not happened yet, Scarlett is not approved. Watcher, however, is.