Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Anthro Slice of Life Redux

Denim&Venöm

3 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

"Have your parents not taught you what a self preservation instinct is?" 

"My mother always told me a good defence is a better offence, so offend before you must defend!" Tyra beamed, rather proud of her mother's advice.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Unicorned @Denim&Venom @Mentis Soliloquy

"I'm not defending her in perticular. And you can't be sure! But I know one thing! And that is that you don't draw everyone over the same line. Some can be total assholes. But some can be the closest ones to you!"

Walleria sighed. "What I'm trying to say is... it is the person. Not the race!"

Edited by Flearia Dragondanser
Colouring the speach lines!
  • Brohoof 1

@Flearia Dragondanser @Unicorncob @Mentis Soliloquy

Mindy let out a low growl as she looked away from Walleria. 

"I'll give her one chance..." She said low. Walking past Walleria and opening her door. 

Outside

"Do you not get the hierarchy of nature here? Your a pony! She's a wolf! Wolves eat ponies! Legend has it that her ancestor ate Odin the horse father whole or some s:mellow:t like that!" 

She froze when she heard the door opening. Slowly it creaked open,and out of the darkness walked Mindy, a deadly calm emanating from her. Steely, silvery blue eyes locked right on Quill.

"Ah shiznit." 

• Brohoof 2

@Denim&Venom

"Why are you looking at me like that...?" She backed up a bit, "I'm not Miko I'm the real Quill and I did not ask her to do any of that she tried before... I swear it, what do you want?!" She blabbered out in panic. 

• Brohoof 1

On 26/06/2017 at 0:17 AM, Denim&Venom said:

"Do you not get the hierarchy of nature here? Your a pony! She's a wolf! Wolves eat ponies! Legend has it that her ancestor ate Odin the horse father whole or some s:mellow:t like that!" 

She froze when she heard the door opening. Slowly it creaked open,and out of the darkness walked Mindy, a deadly calm emanating from her. Steely, silvery blue eyes locked right on Quill.

"Ah shiznit." 

Tyra pouted and crossed her arms. "It was Odin who did the pony eating, I will have you know!"

She blinked as the door opened, and saw Mindy exit the room. "She seems a little upset," she muttered.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

"Just a little....?' Miko gritted out the side of her mouth. 

"You..." she stepped closer towards Quill. "I want to know exactly what you meant by 'Bog. Standard. Wolf." she said. Punctuating each word. Her lack of expression might have been more frightening than any accusatory rage she could've put in those words. 

"Ummm, Mindy-chan.... may-"

A quick look in Miko's direction and a low growl from the lupine's throat stopped the vixen cold.  

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

@Denim&Venom

"I-I... didn't m-mean that..." She felt her gaze and it was bone-chilling she wanted to teleport away with every beat of her heart, she only wanted to make a friend but that back fired big time it seemed... She was trying to think of her quickest spell to get away before she was eviscerated. 

• Brohoof 3

@Mentis Soliloquy @Flearia Dragondanser

@Unicorncob

"Then what did you mean?" No anger. No malice. No venom. No emotion.  Just a low, straight to the point, even tone. Her face expressionless, only an intent and expextant gaze at Quill. 

"It can, if we all remember to be mature adults and let cooler heads prevail... please." Miko said low as she inched closer to Quill. 

• Brohoof 3

Tyra had absolutely no idea what was happening, and it was a little concerning to her regardless. "Why is everyone fighting? Are we not friends here?"

She wanted to help somehow, but she had no idea what to do.

• Brohoof 2

@Mentis Soliloquy @Unicorncob @Denim&Venom

"Yea but as I said. Quill isn't even giving her a chance. Mindy's trying really hard now and Quill just looks like she's seeing that pony tyrant what now his name is again..." With that speach. Walleria slummed down agains a wall. "Sigh... I want my notepad..."

Colouring the speach lines!
  • Brohoof 2

@Denim&Venom

"I... just meant you were normal... I mean we're all normal? Though I'm not honestly sure about Miko honestly, she's a bit weird." She was not sure what else to say, she did not mean anything by what she said, just Mindie had decided to take offence at her words. 

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

"Is that what bog standard means to you? Being normal? You said we're all normal. Would you say that everyone in this room is 'bog standard? Hmmm?" she said before crossing her arms, sounding like a teacher calling out a misbehaving student. "Would you be fine getting called a 'bog standard unicorn?" 

• Brohoof 2

Tyra overheard more of the argument, and tilted her head at the terms being used. Most of them weren't common where she came from, so she wasn't too sure what they meant.

"Bog standard?" She repeated, blinking confusedly. "I come from the north, not a swamp."

• Brohoof 2

"I think that was what she just said. Mindy. That there's nothing wrong with being 'Bog standard'. Normal." Walleria said to both Quill and Mindy before looking at Tyra. "No she didn't... she ment we're normal. And it's nothing wrong with thay. Not that she or we are from some swamp." Her ear then flicked at her own words. "No offense if anyone here acctualy is from one!"

Colour! Beutiful colour!
  • Brohoof 2

@Denim&Venom 

"I am a bog standard unicorn... I call almost everyone bog standard it's how I say normal..." She tried to explain to the wolf, but she was still prepping to teleport away a moments notice. 

• Brohoof 2

@Mentis Soliloquy @Unicorncob @Flearia Dragondanser

"Well, to be fair, it's not exactly the most flattering description of normal to think of. Frankly, I don't see how anyone can consider a bog to be a good means of qualifying something as 'normal.' Basically, it sounds like you're saying normal is not really a good thing to be. 

Personally I think that's accurate. Being normal is being dull in my book, but I can see why someone would be offended if you compared being ordinary to being from a bog.

Am I the only one this is making sense too?" 

• 2 weeks later...

"She might be refering to ponys... as thouse with a butt tatto are specialy good at making what their butt describes. While thouse who don't would be 'bog standard'?" Walleria tryed then turned to Tyra to hear what made her special.

Tagg
  • Brohoof 2

@Denim&Venom

"I don't mean it as a bad thing or a crap thing or anything like that, I just substitute the word 'normal' for 'bog-standard'. I mean nothing by it there is no intent by my words you're the one getting offended by it, I never wished such intent at all." 

• Brohoof 2

On 21/09/2017 at 10:18 PM, Denim&Venom said:

(Really now? And what might those things be Norse horse?" IT was originally intended as sarcasm, but the more Miko thought about it, the more she considered that this might actually help. 

21 hours ago, Flearia Dragondanser said:

"She might be refering to ponys... as thouse with a butt tatto are specialy good at making what their butt describes. While thouse who don't would be 'bog standard'?" Walleria tryed then turned to Tyra to hear what made her special.

"Why, that is simple!" Tyra boasted, and walked over to the couch. She put a hand beneath it and, despite her unassuming and diminuitive stature, lifted the furniture incredibly easily, as if it were a book. "I have my strength!"

• Brohoof 2

"Isn't that like, a thing all earth ponies have though?" Miko pointed out. 

Mindy glanced at the show of streingth, then back at Quill, silver iris's locking with her as she gaged her emotions, judged her plea, staired into the very depths of her soul for the truth.

• Brohoof 2