Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Anthro Slice of Life Redux

Denim&Venöm

@@Denim&Venom, @@Unicorncob

"Speak of who...?" She didn't even try to pronounce the name Mindie had just said, well not without looking a fool the first few times so if she could skip it this one occasion she'd try. Apart from the thought she looked around for whomever she was talking about...

"A good choice. I originally thought one of my room mates was going to go down that route when she enrolled. She writes and draws crazy stuff from time time." Mindie turned her nose to the air and began sniffing. "Speak of Zurtur's name and she shall appear." 

"Speak of who...?" She didn't even try to pronounce the name Mindie had just said, well not without looking a fool the first few times so if she could skip it this one occasion she'd try. Apart from the thought she looked around for whomever she was talking about...

Tyra tilted her head at what Mindie had said. "Who is this, 'Zurter'...?"

She did what Mindie had done, and raised her nose up to sniff the air. She could smell nothing out of the ordinary at the moment.

"Is this 'Zurter' a friend of yours?" She asked, hoping to get a bit more clarification.

• Brohoof 1

@@Unicorncob,@@Mentis Soliloquy,

"Surprised you know not of Surtr, Tyra. One of the mighty giants who will do battle at Ragnarok, the flames from his sword covering the earth. AKA destroyer of the universe. The equivalent to 'Speak of the draqoniquis and they shall appear.' for ye pony folk. I say that in reference to-"

"How the heck did this get screwed up so badly? I signed on specifically for evening classes. I've got to get my sleep in sometime today!" Ranted a burgundy maned fox that was rolling by on her skateboard, looking at an agenda.

Mindie took a half dozen strides back. The fox rolled just behind her, until without looking, Mindie reached out a long arm and grabbed the fox by the scruff. She proceed to walk back, skater fox in tow.

"Can I help you with something Mindie?" she said, not oven looking away from her agenda. 

"Yeah, what are complaining about this time? This is Miko, one of my roommates. You may have heard her on the campus radio station." 

• Brohoof 2

"Oh ok, speak of the devil saying... right." She looked to the fox. "Hello there Miko, I've heard your program a few times here and there you have an interesting taste in music I will say." It was an honest statement, some of the stuff she played she loved other bits were like noise pollution.

She extended a hand to shake.

@@captainborgue

"Hm, I should try that stuff sometimes, sounds scary though."

He picked up his skateboard.

"This is my past time in a nut shell." He placed it under the table, instinctively putting his paws on it to rest.

He took a few sips of his coffee, letting the warm liquid fill his throat.

(OOC: This conversation can go on for however long you like, I'm good with anything,)

Nova grinned. "Only a little. Trick is not to read the scary ones at night. Or while trying to study. Especially Lovecraft. But in a well lit room on a gorgeous sunny day, the Old Ones are less likely to plant seeds in your brain," Nova said, laughing.

"You know... I bet you could stick a rocket under it and really zoom!" Nova said, waving her arms enthusiastically- and inadvertently causing her coffee cup to burst spectacularly into greenish flames. "Oh! See, that. No big deal, right?" she said, laughing sheepishly and putting her hand over the cup, immediately snuffing out the flames.

(edited)

@@Mentis Soliloquy@@Unicorncob,

"Oh hey, you're making friends for once Mindie. Sup?" Miko accepted the handshake after she was let go of by Mindie. "That's right, play by play disk jockey for 66.6 'The Chamber.' Playing the heaviest music in all of Salt Lick and beyond! What songs did you like miss?"

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 1

"Surprised you know not of Surtr, Tyra. One of the mighty giants who will do battle at Ragnarok, the flames from his sword covering the earth. AKA destroyer of the universe. The equivalent to 'Speak of the draqoniquis and they shall appear.' for ye pony folk. I say that in reference to-"

"How the heck did this get screwed up so badly? I signed on specifically for evening classes. I've got to get my sleep in sometime today!" Ranted a burgundy maned fox that was rolling by on her skateboard, looking at an agenda.

Mindie took a half dozen strides back. The fox rolled just behind her, until without looking, Mindie reached out a long arm and grabbed the fox by the scruff. She proceed to walk back, skater fox in tow.

"Can I help you with something Mindie?" she said, not oven looking away from her agenda. 

"Yeah, what are complaining about this time? This is Miko, one of my roommates. You may have heard her on the campus radio station." 

"Oh ok, speak of the devil saying... right." She looked to the fox. "Hello there Miko, I've heard your program a few times here and there you have an interesting taste in music I will say." It was an honest statement, some of the stuff she played she loved other bits were like noise pollution.

She extended a hand to shake.

"Oh hey, you're making friends for once Mindie. Sup?" Miko accepted the handshake after she was let go of by Mindie. "That's right, play by play disk jockey for 95.1 

The Chamber. Playing the heaviest music in all of Salt Lick City! What song's did you like miss?"

Tyra blinked and looked around at the new pony, a little confused at how quickly the conversation was going.

Though, she attempted to reinsert herself back in. "Well met, Miko. I always have the greatest respect for lovers of music, yes?" She grinned.

Though, something slightly confused her. "What is this 'disc jockey' you speak of? How does one jock a disc?"

@@Mentis Soliloquy

Tyra blinked and looked around at the new pony, a little confused at how quickly the conversation was going.

Though, she attempted to reinsert herself back in. "Well met, Miko. I always have the greatest respect for lovers of music, yes?" She grinned.

Though, something slightly confused her. "What is this 'disc jockey' you speak of? How does one jock a disc?"

"Oh glad somepony else around here likes music too. Disc jokey is a retronym for radio operators who would switch around vinyl records, cassette tapes and compact discs to be played during a broadcast. Basically it's soemone who replays  music for the masses. I didn't get your name either, miss?"  

• Brohoof 1

"Oh glad somepony else around here likes music too. Disc jokey is a retronym for radio operators who would switch around vinyl records, cassette tapes and compact discs to be played during a broadcast. Basically it's soemone who replays  music for the masses. I didn't get your name either, miss?"  

"Oooooh, I see!" Tyra nodded, grinning widely up at Miko. "Yes, that makes sense!"

She put a hand over her heart and bowed her head. "I am Tyra Shatterhoof, of the Frozen North!"

She then turned to Mindie and smiled. "And aye, of course I know of Surtr, The Great Blaze of the World's End!"

• Brohoof 1

"Oooooh, I see!" Tyra nodded, grinning widely up at Miko. "Yes, that makes sense!"

She put a hand over her heart and bowed her head. "I am Tyra Shatterhoof, of the Frozen North!"

She then turned to Mindie and smiled. "And aye, of course I know of Surtr, The Great Blaze of the World's End!"

Miko put her hands at her sides and bowed herself. "Arigatōgozaimashita." She stood back up. "Boy, aren't you enthusiastic? I take it that you're not from around here are you?" 

"Good, cause you scared me for a moment, not knowing who Surtr is. It's like not knowing who Jörmungandr is."

"Pleasure Miko, I'm not sure which songs I "missed" I'm not very musicly gifted? I just listen to the stuff and try to enjoy them. Sorry if I can name an songs or anything." She looked down a little, all three of them had totally different interests than she die and she did not have anything to add.

Miko put her hands at her sides and bowed herself. "Arigatōgozaimashita." She stood back up. "Boy, aren't you enthusiastic? I take it that you're not from around here are you?" 

"Good, cause you scared me for a moment, not knowing who Surtr is. It's like not knowing who Jörmungandr is."

Tyra blinked, having no idea what Miko just said, but kept her grin. Though, she nodded at her question, managing to understand that fine.

"Aye," she said, "I am of Trotstheim, in the Frozen North. The thirdborn of Jarl Ralof Shatterhoof."

She then turned to Mindie again and snickered. "Of course I know who Jörmungandr is!"

@@Mentis Soliloquy,@@Unicorncob,

"Oh well let me properly reintroduce myself. *ahem*" she bowed again. "Tachibana Miko. Second born of Tsujimori Myuko & Tachibana Jinsei of Fukuocolt city in the Empire of Neighpon." She stood back up.  

"Second? I thoguth you were third?"

"No. I am not third. My idiot brother is not older than me."

"Oh my mistake then. So you do know who Jörmungandr is? Prove it."

"You mentioned liking some stuff I air. What kind of stuff do you listen too miss...I still haven't gotten your name?" 

• Brohoof 2

"I'm Quill, sorry I didn't say my name. Just Quill I've not got any fancy titles, just me." She flushed her cheeks a little embarrassed she didn't have any titles, bar her name. "Music well I'm listening to honestly anything I like, anything that sounds good I don't have a genre or favorite artist really."

• Brohoof 1

"Oh well let me properly reintroduce myself. *ahem*" she bowed again. "Tachibana Miko. Second born of Tsujimori Myuko & Tachibana Jinsei of Fukuocolt city in the Empire of Neighpon." She stood back up.  

"Ah!" Tyra nodded, keeping her grin, and returned her own bow to Miko. "Well met, Tachibana Miko!"

"Oh my mistake then. So you do know who Jörmungandr is? Prove it."

She turned to Mindie, and a smirk crossed her face as she cleared her throat.

"The middle child of Angrboða the Giantess and Loki the Trickster. The World Serpent whose body became so large after Odin tossed it into the Great Ocean that it could wrap the entire world in its tail. Ragnarok will begin if Jörmungandr ever let go of the world."

She puffed out her chest, oozing with pride.

• Brohoof 1

Blitz shrugged and gave a slight smirk. "When you think about it, everyone is different. I don't really think that much of my appearance because of that." He said. The dragon then stretched in his chair and looked directly at Kimi. "Trust me, you're beautiful just the way you are, and I really don't care how corny that sounds."

"Well met Miss Quill, first born to whatever random ponies in the city of wherever you're from. Probably Grittish isles by the sound of it. Manechester?"

"Trottingham." Mindie turned to Tyra after she finished, and began a light clap. "Well done. Bonus round. You know who the midguard serpent will do battle with during Ragnarok?" 

• Brohoof 2

"Well done. Bonus round. You know who the midguard serpent will do battle with during Ragnarok?" 

Tyra beamed with pride that Mindie approved, then smirked at her next question.

"That is easy!" She beamed, grinning ear to ear. "Jörmungandr's arch enemy is Thor, the god of thunder. When Ragnarok begins, the two will do battle in the oceans, continuing their first battle!"

• Brohoof 1

@@Unicorncob,

"Technically it's actually Mjolnia the storm bringer the midguard serpent fights, but that's just semantics. Bravo. It does get frustrating when not even my cities own inhabitants don't even know the old tales." 

"I'm curious Tyra. You ever listen to the band Amon Amarth?" 

"Huh, what does that have to- oh, oh wait yeah I see the connection now." 

• Brohoof 2

"Technically it's actually Mjolnia the storm bringer the midguard serpent fights, but that's just semantics. Bravo. It does get frustrating when not even my cities own inhabitants don't even know the old tales." 

"I'm curious Tyra. You ever listen to the band Amon Amarth?" 

"Huh, what does that have to- oh, oh wait yeah I see the connection now." 

Tyra scowled a bit that she got it wrong, but it didn't matter. Mindie appreciated her knowledge of her home culture.

"Aye!" She nodded in agreement. "We must keep our tales and traditions alive for every generation, yes?"

She turned to Miko and tilted her head for a moment, then nodded. "Oh, aye! I have heard of them before! A mighty band of warriors who battle great monsters with the power of music!"

"Ahhhh I'm liking this kid. She's got good taste. Remember seeing them perform w/ the masters of battlefield metal Sabaton & the rising clan of Skeleton Witch. I had no idea there was a venue that allowed the wearing of chain-mail. Oh that wall of death was glorious. What's your favorite song?" 

"What about you Quill, ever give them a listen?" 

"I don't know if I know a name of that, band?" She looked quite confused, then shook her head. "Sorry I'm not good with music, I mean if you played some of their songs then I will most likely remember."

She skuffed her hoof near her other, she was somewhat embarrassed or at least a little disappointed she didn't really know anything.

@@Mentis Soliloquy@@Unicorncob,

"Well allow me to enlighten you then!"  Miko said enthusiastically. She dug in her pockets and pulled out her phone. She craned the speakers up to max and began sorting through her catalog. "Let's see, Mindie what would you recommend?" 

"Twilight of the Thunder God is their breakout hit, so let's start with that."

"Exactly what I was thinking." She scrolled it up and hit play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFYVcz7h3o0

"Ahhhh I'm liking this kid. She's got good taste. Remember seeing them perform w/ the masters of battlefield metal Sabaton & the rising clan of Skeleton Witch. I had no idea there was a venue that allowed the wearing of chain-mail. Oh that wall of death was glorious. What's your favorite song?" 

Tyra tilted her head as she racked her brain for an answer. "Um, well... let me think..."

Her ears pricked up at the song starting, and she pointed at Miko's phone. "Aye, that's it! That is the one I like!"

She leaned over to the phone, blinking. Never having a need for one at home, she never understood them too well. "Such magic..."

Blitz shrugged and gave a slight smirk. "When you think about it, everyone is different. I don't really think that much of my appearance because of that." He said. The dragon then stretched in his chair and looked directly at Kimi. "Trust me, you're beautiful just the way you are, and I really don't care how corny that sounds."

Kimi was taken completely aback, and spent a moment trying to think of how to respond. "Thanks. That's really sweet of you to say. Corny too, but still sweet," Kimi said, smiling. "Not at all what one thinks when they see a dragon. I like that. Bucking the trend," Kimi said. Blitz was making a good impression on her so far- and it would be nice to have a friend around here. 'Easy now, let's not get ahead of ourselves. So far, he is an interesting person, let's not go making besties just yet', Kimi thought to herself.