Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open [Still accepting new characters!]Strifes of Pandora

FancyHorse

@@Kronos the Revenant,@@Vampira Heart,

"That is my title back in Haven and I enjoy it very much. Nobody but you in this hellhole knows my actual name and lets keep it to that. Also, most of the titles you said were mostly made up and nobody really calls you anything but 'Madpony' or 'Psychopath'. " Nightlight chuckled.

He then still looking out listened to Kronos, but eventually zoned out just to hear him keep going, looking over to the mare apologetically and hushing down his tone. "Yeah, I have NO clue what he is talking about either. " 

Then straightening up in his seat he looked over to Kronos after he was done talking, honestly showing a bit of signs of worry. "Kronos, have you been feeling alright lately? You've been acting off... And plus, I am quite sure the mare knows what the Hyperion station is as she spent at least over a day on this planet... Not to mention you seem to have been forgetting a lot of other things which I am very much willing to mention. " 

(edited)

Vampira looks at him and nods "ok. I under stand. watcher it is then."

She looks at Kronos and listens to what he has to say but doesn't know how she should reply so she nods and then speaks.

"those poor people.....but that's good were almost to haven."

She chuckles slightly at what nightlight said.

"I see you two find your titles important to you. I have a title to but I'd rather be called by my name."

She then looks at nightlight and nods as she says softly back to him. "that's good I thought I was the only one"

She smiles slightly as she speaks.

Once he asked Kronos that question she decides to keep quiet so they can talk and she looks out the windshield at the H shaped space station and relaxes in her seat feeling it'd be best to stay out of their conversation.

Edited by Vampira Heart

Kronos' mind snapped back into reality and he replied "Huh? Yeah, I'm fine, guys. You don't need to worry about me. I've survived lots of different ordeals on my own, but it's still nice to have company around." He looked outside and saw some familiar landmarks. "We're almost at Haven, guys. Get ready to get off of the truck." Kronos told Nightlight and Vampira as they got closer to the proximity of Haven.

(edited)

"...That is not my Problem. Maybe I don't have to worry about you but I do worry for my own safety as your team mate aswell as the safety of the mission. I gave you a very rather specific plan to follow. Negotiate and if things fail then you charge INTRO the camp and secure the red tent where the prisoners were as fast as possible while I was going to pick off the bandits in the camp. " 

He gave him a bit more annoyed yet still worrying a bit. 

"You didn't do that, you did your plan and started running away... If our friend here hadn't broken herself out and stood a firefight against them while they tried to take her then they could have killed her and the other prisoners... or even worse pack up and leave the area with the cargo." 

Nightlight grew a bit more angry but then calmed down, resting back intro his chair and not bothering to look at the driver. 

"Only by coincidence did we manage to save our batpony here because you had to forget our plan or just not give a shit about what I said. " 

Taking a deep breath and closing his eyes after calming down fully he added one more thing. 

"Also, that was a joke sign by the road.. you're forgetting we've been out in the wilds for two weeks by hoof. Haven is still another nine hours away and it will be getting dark soon so we'll need to find a place to stop. " 

Edited by Your Nightly Spectre

Kronos rolled his eyes and sighed in annoyance. Geez, he thought, we still got what we were trying to get, right? My gosh, what a drama colt.

Still, he took Nightlight's warning into consideration and tried to find that one spot they passed by on the way to the stronghold.

"Okay then," Kronos replied, "We'll stop by that Lucky Hog Motel place and we'll stay there for the night. Also, as an added precaution, we'll have to take shifts looking out for danger in case if any dick-brained bandits try to get the jump on us. Nightlight, you take first watch for two or three hours, then me, then Vampira if she wants to. It's the safest thing to do at this time. Anyone wanna object?"

(edited)

"well if you don't mind me adding his distraction did help with my escape it gave me the opritunity to break free and take down the first two gaurds with out getting wounded....I was going to take that chance and get myself hurt a possible gunshot wound I could manage but even death would be better then what was being planned for me there. But you should be more careful Kronos it's not a good thing to let off your position these days you could have attracted more bandits back there. they are possibly most likely raiding through that tent looking for anything they want or need...I'm not one to tell you what to do but it's just something you should think of next time you go on a mission."

She winces as she remembers the cut on her arm from getting cut back at the camp while she was escaping and she rubs it gently wiping away the blood on her arm and relaxes but doesn't look at either of them while she speaks but instead looks away out of the windshield

"You must be careful for those false road signs. Bandits use them so when you follow them they trap you and either kill,rob,or kidnap you sometimes ambush if your with a large group. It's happened to some of us back at haven. We should stop there and all take turns keeping a look out it'll be safer if we all take turns then we will all get are proper sleep and won't risk anyone from being to tired by the next day which will require us to stay longer there making it higher a risk to get ambushed by bandits as they figure out are location"

She crosses her legs and sits back in her seat as she stares off into space with thought and she speaks what she's thinking out loud

"I wonder if the motel still has food in it????....I'm so hungry...hm"

Her lips curl into a smile as she imagines having a nice meal and some more water since she hasn't eaten or drank much but the small rashion of food and water nightlight gave her earlier

Edited by Vampira Heart

@@Kronos the Revenant, @@Vampira Heart,

He looked over at the Motel in the distance, thinking about it for a  good while before nodding uncertainly.

"It doesn't sound too good, but fine, we'll stop there, they should have some food and water and probably also some showers hopefully. "

Pulling off his rifle he used my scope to look at the motel by the road, a nice little barricaded settlement fort known for doing business with people needing a bit of sleep or general shelter during longer trips. Minus the part of being owned by a cartel in the first place cooperating only lightly with the main government it was essentially quite safe in itself unless you had something the owners could want. Nightlight looked over at the mare for a moment, realizing he just proved myself the biggest problem.

"And I will be taking first watch, would have proposed it in the first place either way..." He sighed, feeling incredibly tired, putting his rifle away to not alert the sentries to this being some sort of drive-by raid. "Just to point out, if our job turns out to be a blow then after this little motel thing we'll be dry on credits. "

(edited)

@@Your Nightly Spectre,

Kronos replied to Nightlight as he went into what appeared to be the front desk of the motel, "Alright, dude, you go do that while I'll just be over here trying to get settled in. Remember, two to three hour sentry shifts."

The Happy Pig Motel would best be described as shoddy, but a feasible place to crash for a few days anyways. Sure, there were cartels running the place, but it was at least a better sight from the desolate wasteland and whatever the hell inhabited it. There were a few ponies there lounging about and some ponies that were keeping the place as tidy as they could, although Kronos swears that those ponies cleaning the place are slaves to whoever is running the joint. Still, it's a decent place to take a temporary break every once in a while. The only possible issue that can ever occur would have to do with the fact that the front of the motel was completely exposed with a few moderately-armed guards, leaving it susceptible to the local wildlife and bandits alike; although, there haven't been any known incidents in the place, at least not recently.

@@Vampira Heart,

Kronos went over to the motel manager and ordered a room for him, Vampira and Nightlight. Upon his request, the manager giggled at him and asked, "Are you two on a special honeymoon?"

Kronos stifled his flustered expression upon hearing the manager's question, then looked back at Vampira, then turned back to the manager and said, "No no no, we're not a couple by any means. We're just a few mercenaries looking for a place to crash for the night."

The manager giggled again and replied, "Very well, you two lovebirds." and she gave Kronos a wink as she handed him the room keys.

"Thank you." Kronos growled through his teeth as he snatched the keys from the manager.

"Oh," the manager winced as she sucked in some air before turning over to Vampira, "You picked a great colt to be with, girl. Consider yourself lucky. I'd do anything for a guy as feisty as him. Rawr." She then giggled teasingly at the two of them as they went for their room. Kronos sighed and rolled his eyes over in annoyance as he headed for their room. 

When Kronos went into the room, he looked over at Vampira, then over at the room, which wasn't too much to look at--then again, he did want to keep a low profile and make sure that he balanced the job expense from the job income. The room itself had a few beds and there was lots of trash from previous occupants strewn about the room. He then turned back towards Vampira and told her, "You can have that bed," as he pointed over to the bed that was in the best condition out of the rest, which still wasn't really any good, but it at least had sheets and a blanket. "I'll just be right here." He told her as he slept in the bed next to hers. "G'night, guys." he told Nightlight and Vampira before nodding off to sleep.

Edited by Kronos the Revenant

@@Kronos the Revenant, @@Vampira Heart,

Nightlight followed the two out of the car, following to the manager and surprised to see Kronos take the initiative as Nightlight looked around the area, scanning in every detail of the fort, heat signatures, defensive weaknesses, everything. But upon hearing the managers remark he could think one thing.

He ordered a room and three ponies stood around... where did she even get the lovebird idea, and why did she ignore me.

Placing in the money after Kronos ordered the room Nightlight took a look at the manager as she returned one, his not being too friendly as he tried to look through her for any sign of a disguise. But, instead got right into business and pulled out some extra credits.

"Some extra so you and some of your thugs don't feel like doing anything... stupid. "He gave her one more untrustful glare before following the others who were ahead.

Joining them in the room once beds were already chosen Nightlight immediately got over to the window, inspecting the room as well much like he did the rest of the area.

Putting his rifle over by the window as it was the best position to put it he looked over between the two.

"First sunlight we move out. You two get some sleep, I'll just claim vigil over the whole night and then sleep in the car. " Moving a chair up to the window he scanned over the other rooms aswell before quickly averting his eyes back to the window with that was light surprise as its red glow stopped, showng the cybernetics going to normal.

@@Kronos the Revenant

He leaned in over to Kronos, hushing down his voice. "Just to point out, if you start hearing weird sounds from the room across ours or rocking noises... then that doesn't necessarily mean someone is coming to kill us..." He sighed, giving him a chuckle and smile before looking back out the window as he had the plan in his head constantly going through what can go wrong.

@@Vampira Heart,

He then remembered something, looking over towards the mare.

"You mentioned a need for drink and food in this place and there is a bar just down in the building outside our window." He then got up, walking over to the door. " And I'm not risking you out in the field whenever I can as you are worth too much credits in my life to have you die or get in trouble... So you need me to get you anything while you stay under Kronos's watchful robotic eye and I go refill my water supplies while it is still open? "

@@Your Nightly Spectre,

When he heard Nightlight's wise-cracking comment, Kronos slightly opened up his eyes and gave a low growl. "I know that this motel--and motels in general, come to think of it--are prone to having some rooms active with intimacy." he whispered back at Nightlight before he left, "Often times, it's rather rigorous intimacy at that. I'm not 10 years old, I know what motel intimacy sounds like from an adjacent room. Jerk."

He also heard Nightlight saying that while Nightlight is out getting water, he's supposed to watch over Vampira. Oh, gosh, he thought, I hope he's not gone for too long, otherwise, other ponies might start getting some ideas about this room. Hell, might start getting ideas about her. No, I shouldn't. You have to remember what happened last time you tried to pull a fast one like this. You nearly got yourself castrated. Luckily for you, that mare was drunk at that time. Still, after seeing what she can do, you don't wanna mess with her.

Vampira looks around at the motel as they walk in thinking it looks like a dump but still thinking that it could be worse.

Vampira blushes at the managers words and shakes her head at her.

"Nono. Not a couple just...friends" she looks at her again blushing harder and then she she walks away giving her s toothy awkward smile as she walks away quickly into the room.

"haha glad to hear she still has a sense of humor.messing with people like that. Silly mare. And I bet she thinks your our son or something."

She chuckles as she points to nightlight then smiles at Kronos thankfully and she puts her gun down onto the bed.

"Thank you."

She looks at nightlight and nods chuckling a bit at his remark to Kronos and then nodding at what he tells her

"Ok I would love to get something to eat and drink anything is fine I don't care what it is as long as it is stomache filling"

She finds a old tank top and some cloth shorts in the room and she takes them and walks to the bathroom stoping in the door way and turning to face Kronos and nightlight

"I'm gonna see if the showers still work.ill be out in a jippy"

She shuts door and the shower runs. Vampira cheers happily and takes a short shower cleaning out her messy gross looking mane and washing the dirt off of her revealing her a clean coat that acually looks pink now she leave the shower once she's done and dries her mane with an old motel towel then dresses herself in the tank top and once she is finished in the bathroom she walks out and sits on her bed and the tank top reveals a strange tattoo on her left arm which she hopes in her mind they hope they don't know what the mark means.she rubs her arm and relaxes on her bed rumaging through an old back pack that was left or forgotten in the room from the ponies who were there before.

Edited by Vampira Heart

Nightlight just nodded off after she ordered up something simply stomach filling as he left the room, looking over to Kronos. "You know your job here. " He then wandered off, not really caring as much of the mare going to take a shower, knowing how much he felt like he needed one aswell to finally cool off his head.

But, right now he had a thing to do as he walked over around the motels corridors and then walking outside to enjoy the air for a moment, trying to collect his thoughts as things grew colder in the night as the sun set rather beautifully on the horizon. 

But, not finding himself dazed too long... or more like forcing himself away from it he walked over and entered what was the bar of the place, some ponies here already enjoying some beverages as a waitress mare stood over by the counter.

Walking over through the tables to be met by some eyes due to being the new arrival Nightlight sat over by bar, giving the mare a smile as he relaxed unto the counter while reaching over for his credits and empty water skin.

He then started off with something that he was rather good with... 'talking to ponies'.

"Evening, what name might a mare of such beauty as yourself carry?...."

@@Vampira Heart,

Kronos is slightly awoken by Vampira's bright-pink coat as she emerged from the shower. "Gah," he grunted, "What the--? Turn it down, would you? With your bright coat you might as well wear a bulls-eye at night, cuz you ain't hiding from anyone with a coat that bright. Damn." He tossed Vampira's bed sheet at her to cover up her bright coat. "Hehe," he chuckled, "There, much better." He nodded off into a half-sleep, fully expecting Vampira to retaliate in some immature way.

Vampira yelps as the sheet covers ontop of her and she chuckles and chucks a pillow at him and speaks in a jokative manner

"At least I'm wearing black"

She dumps the stuff out of the backpack and puts her dress and gun into it then grabs a water bottle,some change and a cigar box that were in the bag and puts them back in the bag and then she lays down on her bed and tries to get some rest

Nightlight eventually wandered back, opening the door and walking into the room, glad things were all peaceful when he returned. The smell of a nice warm meal of some sort then filled the room as nightlight levitated over a bowl of some sort of stew and bread over next to Vampira, going around with a casual smirk on his lips as he sat over down at the chair he set earlier, moving his rifle a bit over.

"You two can rest now. " 

He radiated with a weird inner happyness as he looked over down at the bar but then focused on the task at hand, straightening out.

Casually he looked over to the two, seeming to wait for them to go to sleep.

Vampiras eyes lock on the stew and bread and she takes it.

"Oh thank you so much!"

She sits back in her bed taking big spoon fulls of the hot stew and noms them away relieving her of her hunger pains with each spoon of stew she consumes, smiling joyfully she quickly devours the bread and finishes her stew and then her lies down feeling very comfy clean and satisfied.

She lays down and closes her eyes to sleep hugging her backpack like a teddy bear while she snoozes, she breaths gently with her fluffy tail curling around her like a blanket and her wings droop to her sides as she falls asleep.

Edited by Vampira Heart

Kronos woke up after an unknown amount of time.

Crap, he thought, Aren't I supposed to be on sentry duty right now? 

He got up only to see that Nightlight was right there, looking out the window of their room.

Oh, Kronos thought, he's just looking out the window, and he's still up, surprisingly. Ah, well, I should get back to getting some shut-eye.

With that in mind, he plopped his head back onto his bed and slept through the night.

As both went to sleep Nightlight kept up his watch by the window for several more hours, looking out the window, at the door, scanning over the area.

But then eventually while looking at the planets moon and Helios station, overtaken with several thoughts rushing through his head that he was going through in his alone time he got up after noticing Kronos wake up and then go back to sleep before using his magic to silently open up the window, feeling a weird urge to switch positions and get some fresher air.

Gladly due to a lack of strong wind this night the breeze wouldn't have been enough to wake up nor be noticed as he moved up, hanging his rifle over himself and soundlessly climbing up to the window and then with another equally soundless jump and climb getting up and finding himself on the rather uncomfortable cement rooftop, putting his rifle over by his side and scanning over the area again before locking out his heat sensing and just opening his eyes to the calm night air and full moon, resting back and returning to all his deep thoughts in the hope of quiet.

Why do I have such a feeling this time things will go wrong somewhere...

After a while Vampira moves around in her bed as nightmares over welm her dreams and she wakes up in a jump and then relaxes slightly still frightened by her dream she breaths a bit scared but then sighs and sits up.

She gets up out of her bed quietly so she doesn't wake Kronos and walks near the window not seeing nightlight she thinks he must have left somewhere.

She stretches out her wings gently behind her as she then flies out the window feeling the breeze blow gently against her as she swoops around the air

Edited by Vampira Heart

@@Vampira Heart,

Utterly quite surprised as he saw her fly out for a moment in the darkness he lit his horn up lightly and grabbed just in case his rifle.

"Could I ask where you're flying off?" Giving her a serious look, thinking she was trying to get away or something but still wanting a chance to find out if that was the case as he questioned her, not making any too drastic moves but just to surprise her.

She helps a bit startled and then turns to face him.

"I was just going for a short fly.to help clear my head"

She flies closer to the roof and lands on the edge and looks at him a bit conserned noticing he has a gun pointed towards her

"May ask why your out here?"

He put his gun away over to the side where it was.

"Clearing my mind, without endangering my life and screwing up a couple of ponies rewards. " Nightlight offered a light joking smile at her, still not entirely trusty but finding the situation a little bit funny.

"Of course I imagine you would have told me of your flight otherwise if I actually were awake beside that window, right?"

Kronos ear slightly twitched upon hearing things outside. He immediately woke up and looked around. As he inspected the room, he noticed Nightlight and Vampira weren't there anymore.

Oh, crap, he thought, no no no, this can't be good at all.

He was about to rush outside until he looked out the window and saw Vampira and Nightlight outside, seemingly talking to each other.

Kronos was relieved that the two ponies are okay, yet at the same time, he felt empty inside.

Are they trying to avoid me? Kronos thought to himself, I mean, I can understand Nightlight heading out, but what's with Vampira? Unless-- Kronos tried thinking about what's going on until he came up with an assumption that crushed him on the inside. Oh, right, he thought, that's probably what's going on. He simply thought nothing more of the two and went back to sleep, facing away from the door, and tried to get this new depressing thought out of his head.

She takes a step closer and gives him a jokative smile back.

"Maybe.i might have just went back to bed afterwards but if it is important to tell you where I was then I guess I would tell you two....did you think I was running away?"

She chuckles and comes closer cautiously and sits beside him keeping a respectful distance

Turning over comfortably and relaxing a bit more he nodded, keeping up his light smile.

"That I was thinking, sneaking out like that... It was either that or something happened downstairs and you were flying out to save yourself or something else. " He took a pause for a moment, before his smile grew a bit.

"But, for sure you randomly flying out of our room was no good no matter what came to my mind, so do excuse me being started. I wasn't expecting company up here. "