Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Zombie Apocalypse Survival Plan

DiscordedBrony

Pretty much what the title says. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your plan to survive?

In my backyard, I'm gonna build an underground bunker over the years. The bunker will have a radio, canned food, weapons and some comic books and board games in case of boredom. It will have a self destruct system activated only by my voice in case zombies manage to break in. I'll make sure to record my voice too in case I'm killed beforehand. There'll be an escape tunnel so me and my team won't blow up with it. Once we escape, we'll get in a car with whatever weapons and food we have and get outta dodge. I haven't planned after that, but hey, it's pretty good enough.

What's yours friends?

My plan? Gather all items in my house and surrounding houses that could be used to kill zombie with (swords, knives, screwdrivers, guns, etc.), gather as much canned food as possible (I have a small stash hidden away in case of emergencies, as well as a gas mask), and run for it. Well, not really. I would try and gather my friends and loved ones if they survive long enough for me to get to them, and then take them and find a suitable location to hole up for as long as possible (after gathering supplies along the way, of course). Once we find a location, I'm building a bunker designed to keep zombies out, and people in. No exit unless you were to disable the 7-step locks on the doors (Retina scan, fingerprint scan, voice activation, weight scan, height scan, DNA scan, and of course a password).

Just in case you were wondering, I already have a few weapons stockpiled in case of the zombie apocalypse. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those nuts who already have all that at hand, I just like collecting weapons. It's a hobby. As for my actual weapons, I have quite a collection of swords, knives, halberds, mace's, bows/arrows, axes, and yes, a couple scythes.

• Brohoof 1

Personally I would develop more on the self sufficiency side as if I'm able at a said date to live without the support from everything outside, I can survive to anything (supposing that I have proper defenses, though I think a zombie invasion would be very unlikely to happen...)

I'll run to a grocery store, take a weapon and clear all the zombies out, barricade it as much as possible, try and find ways to cure, dry, or any other way of preserving some of the fresh food out there, the canned and frozen foods are already useful at the time. if they have seeds for fruits I will try and dig up some dirt by removing the tiles and planting them. I'll go to the top of the building on the roof, place buckets in case it rains and I could collect rain water just in case water can run out from the faucets. Create bags and other storing equipment in case I have to go out and collect supplies elsewhere. Make sure I get as much guns, ammunition, and other weapons in.

On my downtime I would try and learn important skills like hotwiring a car so I can grab some out on the street to use for carrying supplies and getting around faster to avoid zombies. 

I would probably get at least one other buddy I could trust allowed in. He would be tasked in protecting the inside of the grocery. I would protect it from the roof by blasting away zombies up there. I would set up a large fence or something around the roof in case some managed to get up there which probably wouldn't happen but just in case. 

If we end up emptying out the grocery we would have to move elsewhere until that happens we would have had some cars, boatloads of food and water, tons of gasoline prepped up and ready to go.

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 1

I would hide out until the initial chaos of everyone scrambling for supplies stops, then I would gather any camping supplies I have and head out into wilderness. On my way out of town, I would search for food I can take with me. I would want to be far enough away from civilization where I wouldn't have to deal with many zombies, but close enough where I could go on scavenging trips. I would want to slowly ease my way into being able to grow and hunt my own food. The goal would be to be able to learn to live off the land so I never had to go scavenging at all, and therefore limit any potential zombie encounters to a minimum, 

As I have limited mobility and a host of health issues stemming from severe ijuries and physiological damage, running is not an option. I won't be joining any zombie apocalypse nomadic survivor bands. However, I also know a lot of useful stuff- first aid, how to cultivate penicillin, make soap, brew fuel alcohol from heated wood vapors (wood gassifiers, to those in the know) etc. Short term survival is easy, but without things like antibiotics or soap, long term survival is much more challenging. So I reinforce the windows to my little house, set up rain collectors and an emergency bunker in my attic, and keep my various weapons in good working order and ample ammunition supplies. I will trade the knowledge for supplies or food, and wait it out.

• Brohoof 1

Put my firearm training to use. :P

Nah, I imagine that if a zombie apocalypse occurred, the government would still manage to retain some type of control. I picture it kinda like World War Z (the book!!!).

But, if the SHTF, then I would probably help round up my family and move to North Dakota. Yeah, probably everyone else has the same idea, but hopefully they keep going straight to Canada.

And I won't stay in a big city like Minot or Fargo. I'll move back to the farming town I used to live in. Hopefully I'll learn how to fight and grow crops.

We'll fortify the town, make a wall that Trump would be proud of. Then we'll wait it out. I guess after at least 5 years, we'll start venturing out, seeing what happened to the world.

By that time, most of the zombies should have rotted away. Then I like to fantasize that we will do noble stuff, like searching for others to start rebuilding.

Move to Hawaii or another Pacific island. We should be fine there if the zombies are unintelligent creatures, since then they couldn't fly a plane or captain a ship. However, this still has problems. It could start on Hawaii, though in this case that'd be pretty easy to deal with. It could be a virus, and someone accidentally brings it with them when they come. However, if we're going with the average zombie thing of unintelligent creatures that can only move slowly and grunt, Hawaii it is.

My Zombie Apocalypse Plan:

1. Grab backpack

2. Fill backpack with as much food and water as I can stuff in there (without breaking the water bottles, of course :crackle: )

3. Grab bullets from my dad's dressers

4. Grab machete in garage

5. Step outside

6. Go "Butcher Pete" on the zombies as I head to a gun store for a matching gun for the bullets I snagged

7. Grab guns and ammo and conserve as much as possible

8. Activate Survival Mode

9. Find a Grocery store to lock myself down in and sustain myself until there's no food left

10. Move on to another grocery store

11. Repeat steps 9 and 10 and occasionally restock on ammo

12. Find fellow survivors (optional)

Edited by Kronos the Revenant

• 3 weeks later...

I would sharpen up on survival techniques for sustaining my self in the wild, outside populated areas. I would have a vehicle, fuel and weapons (for both long range, short range and melee), and bicycle for transporting myself quietly without need for fuel in case I need to sneak into towns by stealth for medicines or other special supplies.

Finally, I would employ my secret weapon; a makeup kit to disguise myself as a Zombie. Everyone knows Zombies don't mess with other Zombies, so I'd be set, just in case. :orly:   

I would sharpen up on survival techniques for sustaining my self in the wild, outside populated areas. I would have a vehicle, fuel and weapons (for both long range, short range and melee), and bicycle for transporting myself quietly without need for fuel in case I need to sneak into towns by stealth for medicines or other special supplies.

Finally, I would employ my secret weapon; a makeup kit to disguise myself as a Zombie. Everyone knows Zombies don't mess with other Zombies, so I'd be set, just in case. :orly:

What about if humans tried to blow your head off when you had the makeup on? XD

My plan would be to contact a close group of friends and have everyone head north towards the Canadian shield. Each of us would be responsible for bringing basic farming tools and seeds, food to get there and weapons to defend ourselves if absolutely necessary. We would dispatch on bicycles to avoid traffic backups, remove the fuel dependency and provide us the ability to go offroad in case of a zombie blockade. Once in the woods, we would try to push ourselves to the furthest point away from civilization we can. After we find a good spot, we would create a basic hunter gatherer society and try to make the place our home. Hopefully the zombies would largely leave us alone because we'd be in such an obscure location rather than in the middle of Toronto.

Or more likely, I'd just off myself before the zombies got to me.

What about if humans tried to blow your head off when you had the makeup on? XD

We all know it takes a double-tap to do the job, so while they're fumbling with their second shot, I'll zigzag up to them and take a bite. If I'm going to be shot like a Zombie, I might as well get the perks.  :proud:

Run into the hills, Climb the highest peak!

lean to grow gills, and take a flying leap...

Fly far and wide, see all the sights!

then go and hide, dark with no lights....

Dream endlessly this life away,

but that will always be tomorrow... not today

My Survival Plan:

1. Get as much guns and ammunition ( I'm really good at shooting and with even one firearm, I am as deadly as a U.S. Marine).

2. Save my girlfriend Mickey.

3. Defeat as many evil-doers as I can and loot their belongings.

It doesn't hurt to have a genius level intellect either, so any problems I run into, I can easily fix. Any tools I'm missing, I can improvise, too.

1. barricade house. 

2. Rob Police station down the road for ammo and/or guns

3. Rob grocery store for consumable supplies. 

4. Grab Applejack plush and mount it on my shoulder (considering I'd be alone on this venture)

5. Wield swords, guns, and other weapons so I can venture out and find more supplies.

6. Finally, travel to the airport and hijack a plane so I can move to Russia or something.