Did you like the episode?  

222 users have voted

1. 1. Did you enjoy it?

• Um, how about, no! -_-
    • Eh, not really.
    • That was TOTAL meh.
    • It was 'aight!
    • THAT WAS SO SUPER AWESOME COOL!

It was July 20 Ten something and I completely fell in love qith another MLP episode. Quibble was brilliantly acted by Patton Oswalt. The moral was fun. Great adventure. I really really loved RD in this episode too!

• Brohoof 5

Ok, I'm speechless. That's in my top 5 for sure.

Quibble may have come off as annoying to some, but to me, the satisfaction of watching him get proven wrong made it all worthwhile. The dialogue between him and RD was creative, and the moral was well-thought up too.

• Brohoof 2

The episode was so meta. Even at the beginning where Rainbow Dash says AK "...never goes to conventions." eyyyy Ashleigh Ball.

zZuhtDZ.jpg

I thought Quibble was a believable character, dudes like him definitely exist in any fandom and daily life. They also got cosplay in there, anime ponies, body pillows, fan-fiction... haha loved this episode it was a pretty funny satire.

• Brohoof 2

For this episode, I was blown away with almost everything about it. I'm very impressed with this episode.

I especially liked it at the credits when they actually kept Quibble Pants talking in it. That was a cool idea. I certainly would welcome it again.

• Brohoof 2

So glad to finally have a new episode out to watch, and a Daring Do one at that! Pure focus on Rainbow Dash out of the Mane 6 was fine too, she needed a good episode this season and this one is it. Guest star Patton Oswalt was awesome as well as Quibble Pants, did a way better job than I thought he would, dat ending made me lmao. :lol:

• Brohoof 2

I am totally ok with the quibbledash ship. Oswalt did an amazing job and his daughter is gonna be able to brag about this for a really long time.

lol,  "My daddy dated Rainbow Dash!"

Now here's the beauty of this episode and this character.  The episode does not flat out say he's wrong.  It becomes clear as the adventure continues that, yes, Daring Do's adventures are kind of ridiculous.  Her enemies are very stupid and predictable at times, the most unrealistic coincidences just happen, and seemingly impossible feats are regularly pulled off.

I actually could relate to Quibble Pants here because if I were in his hooves and MLP stopped having thoughtful slice-of-life episodes and instead did nothing but action-oriented beat-the-villain episodes I'd probably complain the same way he did.

Of course, there were other things as well.  Honestly, my favorite half of the episode was the first one.  Don't get me wrong, the Daring Do adventure was a lot of fun, mostly because Quibble Pants added a whole new element to it.  BUT the Daring Do convention was PURE JOY!

I as well wish the convention part had gone on longer. In fact, I wish the episode had followed my original prediction for the premise and we'd get a "Trade Ya" style episode with a lot of intermingled plot threads except each one would be parodying the experiences of going to a con in general instead of trading for stuff. True, the adventure plot of this story was good but the first third of the episode was brilliant!

I felt bad for Twilight though - I would have liked to see her go and simply have the plot have her sidetracked by something at the con. (Counterfeit merchandise? Incorrectly shelved Daring Do novels? You get the idea. XD ) And then Rainbow and Quibble would be kidnapped but she'd be too involved to even notice.

Seeing Twilight geek out again like she did at the Starswirl con with Cadence would have been bliss.  :D 

I mean, apparently in this kids show it is now canon that there are body pillows of Daring Do, including one depicting her bound!  That... is... AMAZING (and kinky  :orly:).

I must live a sheltered life. I had never even heard of "body pillows" let alone body pillows with ponies in seductive poses printed on them. Doing a web search certainly shed a lot of light on the subject!  :blink:

It was funny that Rainbow was squicked by the tied up DD body pillow, but Quibble had a big grin on his face when she pointed it out! Naughty Quibble Pants... Maybe they should call you Dribble Pants instead?  :lol:

So if kinky body pillows are canon I guess that means the show is confirming in-universe characters clop too?  :lie:

It's not a Rainbow Dash episode without at least one weird facial expression

Rainbow had a lot of great new facial expressions in this episode. The animators have been putting the extra time provided by the hiatus to good use!

QuibbleDash - I ship it like FedEx....

sig-4618293.large.png

It's love in the sponge rock pit! I wonder if the Wonderbolts have a maternity leave program?  :wau:

• Brohoof 3

A very enjoyable episode for me. It was a pretty damn fun and hilarious romp throughout. Quibble Pants was pretty detestable I will say, though. He didn't ruin the episode for me too much, though. Also, nice toss in for Twi at the beginning. Though I wonder how she would have got along with Quibble pants.

A very enjoyable episode for me. It was a pretty damn fun and hilarious romp throughout. Quibble Pants was pretty detestable I will say, though. He didn't ruin the episode for me too much, though. Also, nice toss in for Twi at the beginning. Though I wonder how she would have got along with Quibble pants.

Maybe just a little bit better then Rainbow? I say that, because all though rainbow reads the books, if it werent for Twilight there's no Dash reading the books. She was the one who got Dash involved. And, because of that she might have a bit more insight/ conversation with Quibble.

And wasn't quibble the one who said he preferred the books where Daring used her brain to get out of situations? Way I see it, our favorite lavender bookworm would really enjoy books like that too. Perhaps not BFF'S but probably still friends.

Maybe just a little bit better then Rainbow? I say that, because all though rainbow reads the books, if it werent for Twilight there's no Dash reading the books. She was the one who got Dash involved. And, because of that she might have a bit more insight/ conversation with Quibble.

And wasn't quibble the one who said he preferred the books where Daring used her brain to get out of situations? Way I see it, our favorite lavender bookworm would really enjoy books like that too. Perhaps not BFF'S but probably still friends.

Perhaps. Though I doubt she'd have been tolerant of his ignorance of the stories.

I getcha. I would say that both are entitled to their opinions but, at least earlier on in the episode, it was Quibble and not Rainbow who was insistently following around the pony he disagreed with, making jabs, and generally harassing her. Maybe his lesson in the end was to let it go and respect others but I wonder if that's really true or not. I mean, consider that he was trying to get a "I'm wrong you're right" out of Rainbow. Later in the episode, circumstances lead Rainbow to literally say "he's usually right." So did he really learn or change at all or was that just fluff at the end he gave because he had already gotten what he wanted?  :huh:

at the end it was quite obvious what the moral message is, everyone/everypony is different and entitled to an opinion, you just gotta learn to acknowledge it and put aside differences to work together

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

A very enjoyable episode for me. It was a pretty damn fun and hilarious romp throughout. Quibble Pants was pretty detestable I will say, though. He didn't ruin the episode for me too much, though. Also, nice toss in for Twi at the beginning. Though I wonder how she would have got along with Quibble pants.

Same here. I found Quibble Pants extremely irritating.

Edited by Silvestra Spooner

Cool episode, i worried about this ep when i heard this is RD's episode :confused:  The Convention is awesome, i never go any convention  :adorkable:Poor me. The best scene of this ep is the credit :please:.  Quibble Pants remind of myself when im in Naruto fandom...Shippuden sucks so harddddddd!!!! :angry: good times, good times  :fluttershy: . Overall, this is a :ph34r: /10, really fun episode, no harm done.

Quibble Pants is just another mouthpiece for the writers. I knew this would be damage control. Looks like they did a good job defending the mediocre writing.

Could you explain it a bit more thoroughly? Because i didn't see that at all.

Absolutely fantastic episode! I've watched it a handful of times now and appreciate it so much more! There is too much to gush about, so i'm just gonna highlight a few things that stood out to me: 

1. Twilight reading to Rainbow Dash while she is packing was absolutely adorable! That's a true testament of friendship right there. I really wanted Twi to come along too so that she could go all adorkable and book-worm mode  :adorkable:. But alas, she can't cast aside her Princess duties. I am interested in the Friendship Summit at Griffonstone though. It would be neat to see how much progress has been made since the last time we visited the area.
  2. The convention itself was spot on! Having been to a couple of conventions myself, I can say that the show staff captured the con-going activities to a tee! From cosplayers, to vendors, to exhibits, and even the concession stands, everything was spot on. I even got a kick out of all of the different types of merchandise on display (from the figurines, to body-pillows of all things). That's sure to fly over all of the kids heads :orly:. Even the tiniest of details I appreciated (like how the con-goers wore wristbands instead of lanyards).  
  3. Rainbow Dash played the perfect straight mare to our guest character Quibble Pants (voiced by the real life nerd Patton Oswalt). He just might be my favorite celebrity cameo that the show has had so far (and that includes stiff competition like Weird Al, and Lena Hall). Dashie had so many adorable moments; it was too much for me to handle :wub:.

I'll probably write a full review after I watch the episode again a couple more times. I guess I really am a Rainbow Dash type fan since I think every later installment is better and better :ph34r:   

• Brohoof 3

Good episode, with a GREAT dash; Seriously, dash was absolutely perfect int his episode. Found her obsession with Quibble when daring do was telling her about the situation with cabelleron pretty funny and adorable.
that being said, found quibble a little grating, and it went downhill a bit in the second half once they got out of the con.

about a 7/10 or a 7.5/10. Enjoyable, and REALLY loved dash, but not a "Great' episode like Saddle and row.

DID THEY SERIOUSLY HAVE BODY PILLOWS IN THE CONVENTION??!!

Haha, I laughed my butt off at that.

Same here. I found Quibble Pants extremely irritating with his condescending, "geekier-than-thou" demeanor.

yeah. I liked the episode, but I still found quibble rather grating.

I found the scenes where he was shut up EXTREMELY cathartic, like when he fell through into the river and Dash saved his butt; his expression of "Oh god what is going on" when he was being water-ski'd down the river was perfect.

my gosh, I think I've just found my new favourite episode. if you've ever been on a convention or if you've ever had an argument with another fan about a certain franchise *coughcoughStarWarscoughcough*, you will get a sense of deja-vu once RD starts to argue with Quibble about the books. I felt like it was a huge reference to Star Wars-fans: those who like the prequels, and those who don't. both sides have their points, but at the end, it comes down to your personal taste. of course.

I really loved the scene where Rainbow first entered the Daring Do-convention. the widened eyes, the gasping, it was perfect! they managed to recreate the atmosphere that I remember feeling during my first anime-convention (also: Body Pillows.). it just got better once Quibble appeared. they both play off one another so well, I can't find ANY fault with that. RD is at her best, and Quibble is just enjoyable throughout the whole freaking episode. It's. simply. perfect. (it's funny how I can hardly find anything to say when there's nothing to complain about).

two more things: first, Rainbow had the greatest expression to ever exist in this episode.

8n7tengc.png

hands down, kids. the greatest face in all of MLP has been found. we can rest now.

Second of all:

1206886__safe_rainbow+dash_animated_dari

shipping! SO MUCH SHIPPING! I could sense a great disturbance in the force throughout the whole episode. as if millions of authors suddenly started typing aggressively! 'dis gonna be awesome.

• Brohoof 5