Did you like the episode?  

222 users have voted

1. 1. Did you enjoy it?

• Um, how about, no! -_-
    • Eh, not really.
    • That was TOTAL meh.
    • It was 'aight!
    • THAT WAS SO SUPER AWESOME COOL!

I always love Daring Do episodes although there are not many. This was no exception. The message was one that we as bronies must accept.

If Hasbro publishes Daring Do books, I would definitely buy them. Maybe it could be a fandom within a fandom.

Quibble's monologue during the end credits was an unconventional and humorous way to close the episode. The fourth wall breaking was brilliant. I hope to see more of this snarky stallion in the future.

I want more of the trio (Quibble, Daring Do and RD) in the future. 

I always love Daring Do episodes although there are not many. This was no exception. The message was one that we as bronies must accept.

If Hasbro publishes Daring Do books, I would definitely buy them. Maybe it could be a fandom within a fandom.

I want more of the trio (Quibble, Daring Do and RD) in the future. 

They already have published 3 Daring Do books. :)

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Critic Pony is best pony.  I love that this didn't go the route of Quibble being wrong because he's unhappy with the product, and his obsession with detail helped them bleeding live.  This episode was my return to the show after putting it on hold for six months and it was a good one for the occasion.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

After months of waiting to finally get internet up at my wife and I's apartment I finally got to get caught up on the rest of Season 6 starting with this episode haha. Definitely a good episode for Rainbow Dash. Too bad that Twilight couldn't join. But i was very impressed with the lesson that can be learned from this episode. I mean this is definitely one for the bronies! I mean people all over make fun fan conventions all over the spectrum, but this show really expresses how we should everypony should be treating not only ourselves but others as well and to respect the opinions of other people and how they feel about things. 

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So Quibble Pants special talent is that he doesn't know when to shut up right?  He would make a great telemarketer.

btw, I'm pretty sure there was a shot in Manehatten of a buisiness pony talking into an old fashioned telephone (the kind where the mic and speaker are separate, so you need both hands, er, hooves to use it).  If phones exist in Equestria, there's probably somepony using them for advertising.

Edited by Soaring Symphony
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

Its such a cool Idea, to reference something like a Brony Con and have one of its visitors, slowly realize, that such Adventures are real. I thought at first i would dislike the Episode, but i actually enjoyed quite a lot. The reactions from him are priceless and the humor is good. I was never at a Con, so i didnt had a familiar moment, but it was nice to see how a Con like that can be. Even though i am afraid of discussions like they seemed to have, with fighting over whats the true vision. I know, in real life, People in Cons might be nice, because respecting other Peoples Opinions is kind of an obvious thing to do, but i would still be afraid to share my Opinions on things, in a Con with Fans that spezialise on the franchises that i like. However, it was nice to experience a Con in fictional form, it was quite interesting.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Quibble Pants and Dr. Caballeron really made this episode for me.
They both were very enjoyable to listen to, although I was bit dissapointed to find out that Quibble Pants wasn't voiced by Lewis Black like I thought.

I loved the way Quibble critiqued the whole adventure, it made for some hilarious moments.

On other notes
-I applaud them for throwing in some adult humor (sexy Daring Do  waifu pillows).
-Yeah, and having one of Caballeron's henchmen buy one.
-The Scare Master anime pony cutouts make their return.
-I would so buy a Dr. Caballeron plushie
-I don't know whether to ship Quibble Pants x Dr. Caballeron or not. You'll have to step up your game, Ahuizotl.

• 4 months later...
(edited)

I think the specific form of self-aware humour here is just incredibly clever. Bring someone who is highly knowledgeable about adventure fiction along on a real cliched adventure, and have him use his knowledge of those cliches to get through it, all the way snarking his way around and slowly coming to appreciate the power of spectacle. It's a great idea executed brilliantly, and Dash's personal attachment to Daring Do is perfect to complement her love of spectacle. I wish Rainbow had to learn a bit more in this one, and I find her lack of self-awareness regarding Daring Do's existence kinda dumb, but overall I still adore this. It's exciting and funny and clever, and the moral is absolutely phenomenal. 

Also, I liked that they raided a clearly abandoned temple this time, because it evades the more uncomfortable aspects of "Daring Don't." 

Score:
Entertainment: 9/10
Characters: 8/10
Themes: 10/10
Story: 8/10
Overall: 88/100

Edited by AlexanderThrond

• 3 weeks later...

This episode was weak. Quibble Pants wasn't as bad as he could've been, but he did fall into the annoying fan stereotype too often. Most of his screen time is spent nitpicking and whining about how cliche the adventure is. There were attempts to show he knows what he's talking about by having him solve the puzzles, but that gets overshadowed by how he acts for the rest of the episode. He's not on the level of Spoiled Rich or Svengallop, but he does get annoying. He doesn't actually give valid reasons for not liking the newer books until the end of the episode. The moral at the end is a good one, but it doesn't feel as earned as it could've since most of the episode told us that Quibble was wrong in his criticisms and just a whiny nitpicker, outside of a few moments.

That said, the episode is better than "Crusaders of the Lost Mark" and "The Mane Attraction" because it doesn't take itself as seriously as those episodes. There is a lot of fun action and quite a few good jokes throughout. 

Score: 4/10

• 3 months later...

This episode was hillarious! I loved the new kind of humor here. Quibble was really annoying at first, and later on as well, but he made the whole episode so fun. The fact that he could actually be really useful made him feel less annoying, and funny at the same time. This was definitely one of the funniest episodes for me.:mlp_yeehaa:

• 3 months later...

This episode is fantastic. 

The best part is Quibble. He brings a new spice to this adventure, turning what could've been a really cliche and boring adventure into a funny and exciting ride. And him thinking the entire thing is a cheap adventu-cation works because the adventure is so basic and cliche. Patton Oswalt is by far the best guest star this show has brought on so far, playing an actual character instead of a pony version of himself and doing an amazing job at making Quibble funny instead of annoying. While Quibble does come off as whiney at a couple points, most of the episode ends up proving why he thinks what he thinks by bringing the audience through one of these adventures. There are a lot of contrivances and unrealistic action scenes, but that doesn't make it bad. It's part of the experience and Quibble just doesn't like these kinds of adventures. Rainbow and Quibble's argument just comes down to Rainbow preferring the big adventures while Quibble prefers more investigative adventures. Neither side is wrong or is treated as wrong in the episode. Quibble does end up solving a puzzle faster than Daring Do and that scene does a lot in keeping Quibble's side from a Zephyr Breeze situation of telling the audience something instead of showing. 

The comedy is some of the best of the season. Quibble's snarking during the adventure keeps things fun and Rainbow and Quibble work well together. The action is creative (especially the bridge scene) and Quibble's big speech about how terrible the "adventu-cation" is might just be the funniest moment of the season. And the opening set piece of the convention has some great jokes too like Caballeron's reactions to it and the Daring Do body pillow.

Overall, this is the best episode since season 3. It's funny, exciting, and has a great story.

Score: 10/10

• 2 months later...

Amazing episode, the humor was really clever and qiubble was a really amusing character with his know all attitude and the way all he did worked was so funny. 

On 7/9/2018 at 3:37 AM, AlexanderThrond said:

I think the specific form of self-aware humour here is just incredibly clever. Bring someone who is highly knowledgeable about adventure fiction along on a real cliched adventure, and have him use his knowledge of those cliches to get through it, all the way snarking his way around and slowly coming to appreciate the power of spectacle. It's a great idea executed brilliantly, and Dash's personal attachment to Daring Do is perfect to complement her love of spectacle. I wish Rainbow had to learn a bit more in this one, and I find her lack of self-awareness regarding Daring Do's existence kinda dumb, but overall I still adore this. It's exciting and funny and clever, and the moral is absolutely phenomenal. 

Also, I liked that they raided a clearly abandoned temple this time, because it evades the more uncomfortable aspects of "Daring Don't." 

Pretty much this, I cant think of anything I can add. 

One nitpick I have is couldnt rainbow just lift qiubble when they were in danger, after all we so her lifting 3 wonderbolts and rarity at the same time while doing a sonic rainboom, felt that part was played to complicated and overly dramatic for what it really was.

9\10. By the way, this was the best outro I ever saw, qiubble just kept rambling during the credits made my day.

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, Pyramidhead45 said:

Great episode in my opinion and of the best episodes of the season period 

Hi there! Yea, I have watched this episode many many MANY times. I can agree.

What I like about it the much is how cool Rainbow Dash is through it all. She is just so "real" in the episode, because it feels real with the convention. I am not the biggest fan of Rainbow Dash, but when she becomes one in the crowd, she really shines!

On 5/8/2020 at 10:36 PM, Super Splashee said:

Hi there! Yea, I have watched this episode many many MANY times. I can agree.

What I like about it the much is how cool Rainbow Dash is through it all. She is just so "real" in the episode, because it feels real with the convention. I am not the biggest fan of Rainbow Dash, but when she becomes one in the crowd, she really shines!

Yeah i agree with all of this and it's the moral i love about it the most , about how people can have different opinions on certain topics and still be friends. Which i think is a lesson every fandom needs to know

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Even though I'm one of the few people who wasn't into Daring Do episodes, this is the most fun out of them. I like the jabs at the critics and analysts who keeps pointing out the inconsistencies all the time. Rainbow was amazing. Daring Do was cool. The facial expressions are so wonderful that I just can't help but laugh. Patton Oswalt did a great job voicing Quibble Pants. He can be pretty funny at times.

Finally, this episode has a really good moral. This comment below actually does said this best:

On 2020-05-10 at 9:52 AM, Pyramidhead45 said:

Yeah i agree with all of this and it's the moral i love about it the most , about how people can have different opinions on certain topics and still be friends. Which i think is a lesson every fandom needs to know

Well said.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think this episode stays or falls with Quibble. If you like him, you  love this episode. For me I enjoyed his character. From his Introduction to him talking non stop over the credits. It was hilarious :D There for I also really like this episode. It's very hard for me to remember anything but Quibble from this episode.

So it's definitely one of the best episode of season six, in my opinion

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

This was a good episode to end the night (well, morning, but you know ... details) on.  While I did find plenty of annoying concerning Quibble, there were some good funny parts with him, and he did kinda get the lesson driven through his thick skull after RBD saved him by the bridge.  There is a point, though, where there is simply too much skepticism and too much analyzing which he fit the bill for doing.  Dr Caballeron reminded me of Don Karnage from the 90s cartoon series Talespin .. both in voice and in demeanor, which was an unexpected but amusing surprise too.  This is certainly one of the better episodes of the season so far, but I'm certainly going to reserve that 'best' assessment for after the finish of s6.