Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media 2016 USA Election Who you want to win vs Who you think will win

Meanlucario

56 users have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win the 2016 USA election?

• Donald Trump
    • Hillary Clinton
    • A Third Party
  2. 2. Who do you think will win the 2016 USA election?

• Donald Trump
    • Hillary Clinton
    • A Third Party
  3. 3. Who will you vote for?

• Donald Trump
    • Hillary Clinton
    • A Third Party

First of all, I'll mention that as a non-American I won't be involved in the process in any way.  That being said, I think I'd actually prefer Trump to win.  It's not that I particularly like him, but even standing as a Republican candidate he still represents a step away from traditional establishment politics, he is the choice more likely to bring about any kind of real change.

Of course his nomination has resulted in the GOP eating itself alive from the inside, whereas the Democrats, even with their own divisions, seem to be holding together (slightly) better.  In the end I think Clinton has more mainstream appeal, and will probably win, which will mean another four (or eight) years of the same old politics again with no real hope of anything changing.

So the bottom line, I didn't fill in the poll at the top of this post because I cannot answer the third question, but for Q1. Trump, and for Q2.  Clinton.

So it was racist for the chinese to build their wall? When you come to a country illegally you are breaking a law, hence why it is called illegal immigration. Those who come in illegally don't get their records checked and as such could very well be a murderer fleeing from police, if they really want to be here they should come here the right way.

At least my parents came into America the right way when they moved here from Canada. Trump's ideology would probably be racist enough to have no one coming in the right way as well. A Racist such as Trump has no right to the Oval Office.

Now let me ask you something, how would you feel if some random person came into your house uninvited and you have no idea what their history is?

Thats a different story. Just understand this. There once was a man named George Wallace. Up until Donald Trump, Wallace was the most racist presidential candidate of all time! He was a huge supporter of segregationism. Remember the Montgomery bus boycott inspired by Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King's Speech, and all the shenanigans that transpired in Alabama at that time? George Wallace was the governor of Alabama during those times. To ensure segregation stays part of the American way, he ran for president THREE TIMES. NEVER WON ONCE! Donald Trump is every last bit the modern day George Wallace, and is the worst presidential candidate of all time.

Too lazy to break this so replies are in bold

At least my parents came into America the right way when they moved here from Canada. Trump's ideology would probably be racist enough to have no one coming in the right way as well. A Racist such as Trump has no right to the Oval Office. Honestly having no one come in would probably be better than having illegals come in and if people who would come in legally start complaining they're just being big babies. 

Thats a different story. Just understand this. There once was a man named George Wallace. Up until Donald Trump, Wallace was the most racist presidential candidate of all time! He was a huge supporter of segregationism. Remember the Montgomery bus boycott inspired by Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King's Speech, and all the shenanigans that transpired in Alabama at that time? George Wallace was the governor of Alabama during those times. To ensure segregation stays part of the American way, he ran for president THREE TIMES. NEVER WON ONCE! Donald Trump is every last bit the modern day George Wallace, and is the worst presidential candidate of all time. Trump isn't racist. The key word here is illegal immigrants being deported and then a wall built. If that makes someone racist I guess I better tell my friends who came here legally that I'm racist. 

• Brohoof 2

I don't particularly love either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton, but at the moment I think Trump will be getting my vote this November. Hillary was careless, plain and simple. She got off too easily, and if she weren't running for President you can bet she would've gotten in worse trouble. Trump isn't good enough when it comes to climate change, handling terrorism suspects, and LGBT rights, and I don't agree with banning all Muslims from entering the country, but I'm tired of a stagnant Democratic administration that can't uphold the constitution.

Gary Johnson would also be a step in the right direction, but the Libertarian Party still doesn't have enough of a following to win the presidency. Johnson might get my vote instead of Trump if it weren't for his unrealistic odds of winning.

Edited by Prospekt

Does anyone remember when an RNC official cited a quote from Twilight Sparkle just to justify Melania Trump's speech?

Remember when Tara Strong ripped into that guy?

This is not Pony Princess approved. I'm Twilight Sparkle & do not approve this message

https://twitter.com/tarastrong/status/755460205245112320?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Not to bring it up, but it was something I had to get off my chest since this is the Trump vs Clinton thing.

Edited by SaburoDaimando

oh, Trumps not getting off the hook that easy. He also wanted to build a wall in between the States and Mexico? That's even more racist than his stance on the Muslims if you ask me.

The Republicans have been wanting to build that stupid wall for as long as I can remember. It's not a unique Trump thing.

So it was racist for the chinese to build their wall? When you come to a country illegally you are breaking a law, hence why it is called illegal immigration. Those who come in illegally don't get their records checked and as such could very well be a murderer fleeing from police, if they really want to be here they should come here the right way.

Here is the thing, for an unskilled laborer with no family already legally residing in the United States there really isn't a "right way" to enter the United States. These immigrants are basically limited to EW3 and DV Visas, which are given to applicants at such a rate that a single year's worth of illegal immigrants would create a one century backlog.

Thats a different story. Just understand this. There once was a man named George Wallace. Up until Donald Trump, Wallace was the most racist presidential candidate of all time! He was a huge supporter of segregationism. Remember the Montgomery bus boycott inspired by Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King's Speech, and all the shenanigans that transpired in Alabama at that time? George Wallace was the governor of Alabama during those times. To ensure segregation stays part of the American way, he ran for president THREE TIMES. NEVER WON ONCE! Donald Trump is every last bit the modern day George Wallace, and is the worst presidential candidate of all time.

George Wallace certainly sounds like a terrible person, but I am failing to see how Trump is every bit as bad as this guy. He is just pushing the stock Republican anti-immigration and anti-Muslim stuff which doesn't sink to the level of pre-Civil Rights era segregation.

Edited by Twilight Dirac

A lot of misinformation being perpetuated here.

First off, Hillary Clinton has done nothing with classified information that no other high level official with access to such information has ever done. However, what she did do exposed American classified information to compromise which almost certainly (but not verifiably) occurred. Why was she not indicted? James Comey summarized it this way: Clinton did not maliciously mishandle the information, and it cannot be proven that her actions resulted in a successful attack by the enemy. No sane prosecutor would indict on those charges. This leaves us back at the first point: What Hillary Clinton did is normal in the field. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Trump isn't a hell of a lot better at security, either; What Clinton did showed ignorance of information security, and poor judgement, but Trump hasn't demonstrated those to me in great measure. My estimation is that we will neither be more or less exposed under either candidate than we are now.

Trump is racist. But that doesn't say much. Clinton is racist. I'm racist. Racism, or a prejudice against someone, and a tempering of ones action, based on the other person's outward appearance, is an evolved human trait. What really determines the moral evaluation on this point, is a person's relationship with their inherent racism, and how they let it affect their actions. In his own actions, Donald Trump doesn't really treat anyone unequally. He is, to borrow a term, an equal opportunity asshole. The only person Trump really seeks to elevate over anyone else is himself. If you can't help him do that, he has nothing for you. It doesn't matter if you're purple. But what is most disconcerting about Trump is that, while the most convoluted sophistry can, indeed, argue that his rhetoric is not racist, per se, it is tuned perfectly to incite a particularly violent and dangerous reaction in individuals who act almost exclusively on the worst assumptions they have about people who don't look like themselves. When Donald Trump opens a speech by proclaiming that Mexico is sending their criminals, specifically, their rapists, then dismissively cops that maybe some of them are good people, that is either an abyssmally disastrous accumulation of word-vomit, or Trump is choosing his words precisely to stoke his audience's fear and rage above all, before making a lame attempt at ameliorating his detractors. These are the two interpretations we have of the end results of Trump's candidacy. He is either unbelievably lucky to have so consistently created a mood of fear surrounding Muslims and Latinos, or he's been trying. Either he really doesn't think before he speaks (which should worry you), or he really wants the most worrisome elements of American society to feel intense hatred toward two groups of people, based entirely on external factors. Take from that what you will.

As for me, I voted for Sanders in the primaries. In recent months, I have come to the conclusion that, for all of my misgivings about Clinton being beholden to wealthy interests, and my feeling that the story of her being a paladin of civil equality is a misleading narrative that doesn't fully capture her relationship with Progressivism, Trump is so dangerous, not simply in mere policy, but also in his fomenting of violent divisiveness among the American people, that I have no choice but to vote for the only sane candidate that remotely aligns with my own views. That's Clinton.

• Brohoof 2

Obama raised our debt a trillion dollars doing exactly what Hillary wants to do, I would trust someone who owns a successful business empire over someone who wants to follow the steps of someone who slaughtered our economy.

I've never had a chance to question a trump supporter, at least one that seems as knowledgeable as yourself.

I don't really hate trump for his racism,but out of all the candidates, his tax plan appears to create so much of a revenue gap that estimates have shown that it could could put the US between 10-12 trillion dollars in debt over  the next 10 years ...much much higher than Obama's plan.

What are your thoughts on this?  

Edited by Maple Berry

I have no idea on who I think will win, though I am certain a third party has no chance. You know who I want to win? Neither of the main candidates. It will be one of them though. Politics here are entirely corrupt and destroyed.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not American so I obviously can't vote. To be honest, I think both Trump and Clinton are shite.

If I was American I think I would vote for Clinton as she is the "lesser of two evils" in my opinion.

I'm hoping Clinton will win and I think she will.

I'm not American so I obviously can't vote. To be honest, I think both Trump and Clinton are shite.

If I was American I think I would vote for Clinton as she is the "lesser of two evils" in my opinion.

I'm hoping Clinton will win and I think she will.

After what Trump's doing to unintentionally destroy his own campaign, I think it's gonna end up that way.

Hell, this may be the first time where I skip out on the Presidential campaign because it's gonna end up way one-sided in favor of Clinton.

Edit: BTW, seems Clinton now leads Trump in a Bible-Belt state: Georgia  Details are here

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/poll-clinton-leads-trump-in-georgia-226711

Edited by SaburoDaimando
  • Brohoof 1

I don't know wtf he is doing. He just keeps shooting himself in the foot. I'm happy he's doing that though.

With Trump I can't tell what he actually means and what he is just saying for shock value, with Hilary I know what her end goal is despite all her flip flopping and it isn't good. 

Eh, Trump for all three. Better decision than Hillary, has plans that can actually bring some change, and source of many memes. Which is what Twiggy and I can agree on.  ;)

large.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Discussion on candidates can and should occur without derogatory presumptions of the electorate's motivation. This is not Debate Pit

Alrighty then. Remember that the main purpose of this topic is to casually discuss who you are voting for and why, and who you think will win and why. I don't want every discussion on the upcoming election to wind up forced into Debate Pit, mostly because some discussion about the election can and should be able to happen available to all members. Elections are important (obvious statement is obvious). 

Each candidate has elements of their history, ideology, and personality that can be attractive or a turn off. Selecting one candidate over another is not an indictment on a person's character. Keep that in mind. I'm reopening the discussion. 

Also, please lets try and keep Godwin's Law out of this. :P

• Brohoof 3

A lot of misinformation being perpetuated here.

First off, Hillary Clinton has done nothing with classified information that no other high level official with access to such information has ever done. However, what she did do exposed American classified information to compromise which almost certainly (but not verifiably) occurred. Why was she not indicted? James Comey summarized it this way: Clinton did not maliciously mishandle the information, and it cannot be proven that her actions resulted in a successful attack by the enemy. No sane prosecutor would indict on those charges. This leaves us back at the first point: What Hillary Clinton did is normal in the field. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Trump isn't a hell of a lot better at security, either; What Clinton did showed ignorance of information security, and poor (judgment), but Trump hasn't demonstrated those to me in great measure. My estimation is that we will neither be more or less exposed under either candidate than we are now.

Trump is racist. But that doesn't say much. Clinton is racist. I'm racist. Racism, or a prejudice against someone, and a tempering of ones action, based on the other person's outward appearance, is an evolved human trait. What really determines the moral evaluation on this point, is a person's relationship with their inherent racism, and how they let it affect their actions. In his own actions, Donald Trump doesn't really treat anyone unequally. He is, to borrow a term, an equal opportunity asshole. The only person Trump really seeks to elevate over anyone else is himself. If you can't help him do that, he has nothing for you. It doesn't matter if you're purple. But what is most disconcerting about Trump is that, while the most convoluted sophistry can, indeed, argue that his rhetoric is not racist, per se, it is tuned perfectly to incite a particularly violent and dangerous reaction in individuals who act almost exclusively on the worst assumptions they have about people who don't look like themselves. When Donald Trump opens a speech by proclaiming that Mexico is sending their criminals, specifically, their rapists, then dismissively cops that maybe some of them are good people, that is either an abysmally (horribly) disastrous accumulation of word-vomit, or Trump is choosing his words precisely to stoke his audience's fear and rage above all, before making a lame attempt at ameliorating his detractors. These are the two interpretations we have of the end results of Trump's candidacy. He is either unbelievably lucky to have so consistently created a mood of fear surrounding Muslims and Latinos, or he's been trying. Either he really doesn't think before he speaks (which should worry you), or he really wants the most worrisome elements of American society to feel intense hatred toward two groups of people, based entirely on external factors. Take from that what you will.

As for me, I voted for Sanders in the primaries. In recent months, I have come to the conclusion that, for all of my misgivings about Clinton being beholden to wealthy interests, and my feeling that the story of her being a paladin of civil equality is a misleading narrative that doesn't fully capture her relationship with Progressivism, Trump is so dangerous, not simply in mere policy, but also in his fomenting of violent divisiveness among the American people, that I have no choice but to vote for the only sane candidate that remotely aligns with my own views. That's Clinton.

Somebody with actually RESPECTABLE views for once! (corrected two words due to grammatical issues).

Proof that Hillary is not a criminal! Trump's probably more crooked than she could possibly be in rightist slander from Fox. I mean he has bankrupted his own businesses for money and has repeatedly stolen from small-time contractors so he doesn't have to pay them. Sounds like the closest thing I have ever seen to Montgomery Burns from the Simpsons in real life.

I don't know how somebody could say Trump isn't racist. Calling the general populous of Latinos "rapists" and "killers" that were "sent from Mexico". Muslims are "all terrorists"...  Heck, he's more racist than anyone I know (because everyone is technically racist, but not anywhere near to that extremity).

Trump is probably the most selfish, cold-hearted, malicious, and cutpurse candidate that has ran for president in our history. (Well, Whigs could compete).

Exactly, Hillary is actually SANE unlike Trump.

Definite brohoof on this one.

Edited by TwillyFSniper

• 3 months later...

Truth hurts. That's probably why she didn't win.

Actually a good reason why she lost in the key swing states was because of her complacent campaigning after the primaries, assuming that she would keep WI and MI. PA was the nail to her coffin. She also didn't distnguish herself very well, even in the primaries; a fair amount of her supporters were voting her literally for the sole reason that "Trump was worse".

• Brohoof 3

Hillary can still win in December, she has the popular vote.

Only because states like New York and California voted overwhelmingly for Hillary. The electoral college is in place to prevent candidates from running the board with populous states. Trump won more states, including most of the key battlegrounds.

Even then, I don't think republican electorals will give a democrat the White House, particularly someone as hated as Hillary. If such a thing does come to pass, it has to be approved by congress. It's a pipe dream by this point.

Edited by Yoshi89
  • Brohoof 2

I voted for trump.. Hilary would had ran this country into the ground if she got into office.. we would had WW3 with so many different people..

There would also be more terriost attacks and just attacks in gerneal on anyone who was religious, a woman and our LBGT community.. Just because thats how the Muslim faith works!

• Brohoof 1