Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food butter or margarine?

KrazyDashie

(im not entirely sure if this was made before... nothing showed up when searching so... :wat:)

just as the title asks, what do you prefer more... butter or margarine? :P

I, myself prefer butter.

• Brohoof 2

Butter. It's naturally occurring (margarine is a molecule away from plastic), tastes leaps and bounds better and is actually better for you, if you believe recent studies that show that saturated fat isn't as bad for you as they thought.

• Brohoof 3

Butter. It's naturally occurring (margarine is a molecule away from plastic), tastes leaps and bounds better and is actually better for you, if you believe recent studies that show that saturated fat isn't as bad for you as they thought.

Newer margarines are typically different. It does depend on what specific margarine you're eating.

Whatever I have on hand really. I don't tend plan things (usually), I just do. Like when I make a sandwich; I find bread, then I find butter/margerine (if not found sandwich will be guaranteed peanut butter, cream cheese, jam, or just bread), then I spread said butter/margarine on my bread, then I find a sandwich filling (at this point I can end up with weird sandwiches), then put the filling in the sandwich.

I've started eating I Can't Believe it's Not Butter over butter. I quite like it :)

im the complete opposite... :rarity:

I for one, can believe its not butter :wat:

• Brohoof 1

im the complete opposite... :rarity:

I for one, can believe its not butter :wat:

I believe it's not butter :P but I quite like the taste anyway.

Edit: Hey, I'm a Phoenix now, sweeet.

Edited by Kayleigh
  • Brohoof 1

Preferably butter, but margarine happens to be cheaper somehow, so that tends to be the purchase made. But, I still prefer them both over mayo. Even making a sammich, I use butter (or margarine) instead of mayo. Better tasting, mostly.

Margarine

Back when I was a kid, when we still lived in that small old house, My mother used to make a lot of her meals with margarine,,,so now, I associate the taste of it with that of my childhood ^ ^

• Brohoof 1

I prefer butter for the taste, but margarine for its smooth consistency, easily applied to toast without squashing it too severely. Margarine also melts faster. 

There are some nice alternatives like Move Over Butter, which has the consistency of margarine but the taste of butter.  :ooh:

• 2 years later...