Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Drawing tips for MLP

Makai

So here's the thing. I asked yesturday about guidelines no one had any info, so I did some searching and I found this at Equestrian Daily. It not only does the guide lines but has (what seems like) just about every tip you'd need to practice drawing your own ponies or bronies, short of... wings. People were asking about wings. I just skimmed through the website, so maybe there are wings added to the guide later, but that's what everyone was asking about.

http://www.equestria...ing-guides.html

Hopefully this will be more of our experience

Posted Image

I also found this deviant Art which will help you get the basic for your MLP starting point. If nothing else it can help you with the creative process on making your own MLP

http://generalzoi.de...rsion-254295904

• 8 years later...

According to that drawing, all you really need is to make the eyes slightly bigger. (Like the eyes need to take up almost the entire face)

And in the location of the eyes, the artist didn't consider the rotation of the head, when trying to figure out where the eyes location should be. Drawing MLP G4 is quite challenging, and I have come to appreciate different artist's take on it. Sometimes they even manage to challenge the official design. I don't want to call out anyone here on the forum, but I know at least 2 who has a very unique design that takes advantages of aspects Hasbro's artist might have missed. In the end though.

We must not forget how important the design of the ponies were, for our community to form. It might be one of the biggest thing that made you come to this place.

Practice is a big point. If you keep going at something, you are bound to gradually improve. Even if you don't like what you produce, you should still keep trying.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...