Rikifive

The Pony I Want To Be [8-Bit]

Hello everypony! /)

I'm still toying with 8-Bit music and I think I'm slowly making some progress!  :-P

This time, I want to show you something, that I'm proud of, even though I know it's far away from being perfect.  :rarity:

At least I've tried!  :D

Enjoy!  :love:

Ok. 

I'd turn up the volume of that lead square wave a little bit, and not make it so sustained on every note. Crowding the melody notes like that is a no-no, because it sounds like the wave is just going on forever with only a hint of a break. 

Also, I'd use a pulse wave to perform eighth note arpeggios. Maybe even give it a stronger attack to give it a guitar-like pluck. 

Your percussion could use some more development. Start experimenting with chip-toms for more complex fills. 

I really like that vibrato you put on your lead squarewave though, it gives it great character, and I also like how you moderated it, and not just doing it on every single note. 

All in all, great track but it could be tweaked here and there. 

And I thought that the lead square(s) were even too loud.  :-P  Yeah... It's all terrible, it should be getting better in future songs.  :twi:

Hmmm... I was trying to put arpeggio effects, but it didn't sound well. Most likely because there's a mess, I've made.  :adorkable:

I knew that!  :D I don't have much experience at this (I mean music-making in general ~ my experience is tiny), but with each song I know more sounds and stuff ~ it should be getting better.  :squee:

YAY! :yay: Thanks  :love: That's good to know, that not everything was bad!   :rarity:

Yup, I know it's far away from perfect, but I'm still proud of it, thanks for feedback!  :catface:

And I thought that the lead square(s) were even too loud.  :-P  Yeah... It's all terrible, it should be getting better in future songs.  :twi:

Hmmm... I was trying to put arpeggio effects, but it didn't sound well. Most likely because there's a mess, I've made.  :adorkable:

I knew that!  :D I don't have much experience at this (I mean music-making in general ~ my experience is tiny), but with each song I know more sounds and stuff ~ it should be getting better.  :squee:

YAY! :yay: Thanks  :love: That's good to know, that not everything was bad!   :rarity:

Yup, I know it's far away from perfect, but I'm still proud of it, thanks for feedback!  :catface:

No prob! 

As I said before, if you want to put in arpeggios, shorten the wave to a popcorn wave, like I explained in my first critique. 

(edited)

WtvmtpT.png

Post no longer relevant, as it was a reply to a pony, that is now banished and his post got removed.
Edited by Rikifive