Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Poniverse Public Relations: Now Hiring!

Nervous Stitch

It's that time again - Poniverse needs some warm bodies!

sig-4621723.mITpJan.png

Do you not have enough ponies in your life? Do you find yourself endlessly refreshing MLP Forums? Pony pony pony, pony? Check out Poniverse Public Relations!

Just as we did last year, Poniverse PR has a few positions open - waiting for those sweet, ripe, perfect candidates. Interested already? Here's a short run down on each of the positions available:

Staff Artist: If you've got skills with a tablet, a mouse, or your elbow, take a shot at becoming Poniverse's newest Staff Artist. Tons of art assets are needed to keep Poniverse beautiful and colorful: from spicing up our social media to making announcements like this one slightly interesting. Be sure to include some examples of your artwork if you decide to apply! Bonus points for obvious pandering pictures of Nervous Stitch.  :squee:

Staff Writer: Is it super obvious that I shouldn't be the one writing this announcement? If you're annoyed at how terrible this whole post is, consider applying and showing me how it's done! As Staff Writer, you'll be called upon for writing up announcements for new projects and other fun things in Poniverse. If you decide to apply, make sure to write up an example announcement so we can get a good idea of your writing style. 

Twitter Representative: Is everything best said in 140 characters and #waytoomanyhashtags? Show us a couple of unique and fun tweets that you'd post as our Twitter Representative and try your hand at writing with a super short attention sp- This position has been filled! If you'd still like to apply to be a Twitter Representative in the future, feel free!

Newsletter Staff: Get in on the ground floor on the relaunch of our Newsletter. Similarly to Staff Writer, you will also be writing things: but this time, it's for a Newsletter! Try your hand at writing up an article for the Poniverse Newsletter, and consider including your idea for a unique segment each issue! If you're more comfortable reading over and correcting other staff (it's super fun, I promise!) feel free to apply as well - a newsletter isn't a newsletter without a dedicated editor!

If none of these positions float your goat but you still really want to be on Poniverse PR, apply anyways and let us know what special talent you can bring to the table! We're always looking for some new and innovative ideas.

If you're still confused, feel free to pop a question below or PM myself about any comments, questions, compliments or concerns. 

Please apply here!

• Brohoof 15

Do we need Skype to apply?

Since most of the communication done within Poniverse PR and to other departments of Poniverse takes place on Skype, willingness to create a Skype or have an existing account is a requirement. :)  

• Brohoof 1

Since most of the communication done within Poniverse PR and to other departments of Poniverse takes place on Skype, willingness to create a Skype or have an existing account is a requirement. :)  

So it's not enough to just be interested in one of the positions? You have to be...

Skyped about it?

{runs away cackling}

• Brohoof 3

I wonder if people realize how accurate and comprehensive that description is  :lol:  

Now that I think about it, I do, too.

And how is your writing horrible, Stitch, concerning the OP?  My writing is terrible lol.  I can't do right unless I have to revise something. :P

• Brohoof 2

Now that I think about it, I do, too.

And how is your writing horrible, Stitch, concerning the OP?  My writing is terrible lol.  I can't do right unless I have to revise something. :P

Glad I got social media then if that's the case Dwhite... :P

I'm tempted to try for the Twitter position; it's a social media format that I think works well enough anyway.

• Brohoof 3

Staff artist sounds like a way fun position to apply for! Thinking of applying for it really soon myself; long time plan actually. Artists of all skills should totally go for it, there's no talent range that I'm aware of that's of required criteria!  :proud:

• Brohoof 4

im confused about the Q&A sample. are we supposed to reaserch and ask the person these questions and put their own answers in the sample? or no? :confused:

im confused about the Q&A sample. are we supposed to reaserch and ask the person these questions and put their own answers in the sample? or no?

Oh, no! No research required. The sample Q&A is just for the announcement about the Q&A! Here's an example of a previous announcement for a Q&A. Instead of Ward Jenkins, you'd select a member of the fandom and introduce them for their pretend Q&A. Hopefully this makes sense!

• Brohoof 1

Oh, no! No research required. The sample Q&A is just for the announcement about the Q&A! Here's an example of a previous announcement for a Q&A. Instead of Ward Jenkins, you'd select a member of the fandom and introduce them for their pretend Q&A. Hopefully this makes sense!

shoot. uh... oops. i made an actual Q&A... i failed XD

does this mean i have to send in another application? :P

Edited by KrazyDashie

No worries! Any example of your writing style and ability will work just fine. :D

so i do have to send in another one? XD

• Brohoof 1

Nope! The example that you put will work just fine. You'll hear back from PR shortly!

ohhh... alright then! :D thanks! :P

edit: welp, i became angel bunny :wat:

Edited by KrazyDashie

I would apply for staff artist if I had more time :/ Ah well, maybe when the next opportunity arises :)

And when you do have free time, it never hurts to PM Public Relations to see if there is an opportunity available. Who knows? They may have an opening even when there isn't a recruitment drive going on.

One thing I've noticed over the years is that you can never have enough talent helping out. :D

• Brohoof 5

And when you do have free time, it never hurts to PM Public Relations to see if there is an opportunity available. Who knows? They may have an opening even when there isn't a recruitment drive going on.

One thing I've noticed over the years is that you can never have enough talent helping out. :D

Openings can be at any given time. So contact your friendly neighborhood S...admin/lead, right? ... ;p