Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Poniverse Public Relations: Now Hiring!

Nervous Stitch

Are there any style requirements for becoming a staff artist? For example, do we have to draw in FiM style and does our art have to be perfectly clean or will sketchy do?

Edited by FairestMoss
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, always wanted to contribute something to this site in terms of volunteer work, yet these days I just wouldn't have the time or the energy to stick it out and do a good job. So good luck to all those that have applied. ^_^ 

• Brohoof 2

It's been over half a month since any moderators responded to this thread, and even longer since any staff responded... That's not looking too good, guys. Is there some kind of hold up?

The Forum Moderators would not be in the know on Public Relations based hiring unless they also happen to be involved in a PR leadership role. Reach out to Nervous Stitch directly if you have any follow-up questions about the process.

• Brohoof 1

It's been over half a month since any moderators responded to this thread, and even longer since any staff responded... That's not looking too good, guys. Is there some kind of hold up?

Hi there!

Applications are replied to in a personal message. If you're waiting for a reply to your application, please be patient! Otherwise, this thread will be locked when all positions are filled. Since we're looking for anyone interested in joining the Newsletter team, it may take a long period of time for all positions to be filled. :)

Hi there!

Applications are replied to in a personal message. If you're waiting for a reply to your application, please be patient! Otherwise, this thread will be locked when all positions are filled. Since we're looking for anyone interested in joining the Newsletter team, it may take a long period of time for all positions to be filled. :)

I haven't sent in an application, I made a post nearly two weeks ago on this thread asking if there were any style requirements for becoming a site artist.

I haven't sent in an application, I made a post nearly two weeks ago on this thread asking if there were any style requirements for becoming a site artist.

I apologize! I missed that notification. No, there are no style requirements for staff artists. Each of our artists have wonderfully different art styles. Any style must simply be pleasing to the eye!

I apologize! I missed that notification. No, there are no style requirements for staff artists. Each of our artists have wonderfully different art styles. Any style must simply be pleasing to the eye!

"Pleasing to the eye" is extremely subjective. Anyone who has been practicing art long enough is probably drawing something that they themselves find appealing or pleasing to the eyes, but just because they themselves like it doesn't mean others will. The fact that you would tell me that there is no requirement and in the same breath tell me that it has to be "pleasing to the eye" tells me that it's very likely none of you have even bothered to discuss those personal preferences to come to a consensus about what you do and do not like or want. This disorganization forces everyone who's applying into pure guesswork, which is unfair to applicants.

"Pleasing to the eye" is extremely subjective. Anyone who has been practicing art long enough is probably drawing something that they themselves find appealing or pleasing to the eyes, but just because they themselves like it doesn't mean others will. The fact that you would tell me that there is no requirement and in the same breath tell me that it has to be "pleasing to the eye" tells me that it's very likely none of you have even bothered to discuss those personal preferences to come to a consensus about what you do and do not like or want. This disorganization forces everyone who's applying into pure guesswork, which is unfair to applicants.

Thank you for your feedback! All hiring is done by each department head. Of course hiring is subjective; also please do note that art quality/style/"eye pleasingness" is not the only thing taken into account. If you have more questions about how hiring is done, feel free to shoot me a personal message :)

Thank you for your feedback! All hiring is done by each department head. Of course hiring is subjective; also please do note that art quality/style/"eye pleasingness" is not the only thing taken into account. If you have more questions about how hiring is done, feel free to shoot me a personal message :)

Thank you. I think I may be done with my questions, but if I do have anything else to ask later I will be sure to PM you.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

am I allowed to send in another application? (if my first one was rejected?)

If you have newfound information or forgot to include something on your last application, I don't see any harm in applying once more, although your first application may still be taken into account if it wasn't too long ago! 

• Brohoof 2

If you have newfound information or forgot to include something on your last application, I don't see any harm in applying once more, although your first application may still be taken into account if it wasn't too long ago! 

well... my first application was over a month ago.. so... >.>

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Well I was thinking of applying for a writer but truely I'm more of a theorist sort of person. But still maybe we could have theorists on the forms in the future. So basically they go around and answer questions and post comments on the forms based on their theories of the show. Truely in the end it would make the forms a lot more fun and interesting for people. :)