Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Shimmer Sparkle

I've seen a few posts about Sci Twi in the Twilight Sparkle Fan Club and I really don't like it all. It's the Twilight Sparkle Fan Club not the Twilight Sparkle and Sci Twi Fan Club. It's been that way for more than four years. Sci Twi is a newcomer and should have her own fan club separate from that of Twilight Sparkle. It just feels wrong to me that Sci Twi can barge into Twilight Sparkle's fan club like that. 

• Brohoof 1

Heya,

I may be able to explain.

One reason is that typically, many of the MLP characters have EqG counterparts which would make the FC subforum unwieldy if we had two of every character that populated both. So traditionally the pony and EqG characters have shared the same thread.

There are other reasons. Can you see a few months down the line someone accidentally not seeing there are two threads, and making a mistake, and being told you made a mistake? For one that falls under backseat moderating, and the other member may be needlessly embarrassed. You now have two unhappy people here.

Having both share a thread has worked well in the past with little complaints. I think it's a fair compromise.

• Brohoof 5