Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Worst parts of your favorite game(s)?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Unless you played the Japanese FF4 (FF2 here) I found it to not be as difficult. There were a few hard areas, but I managed to get through them. Grinding wasn't that bad actually I think in it.

Yea it was called FF2 at the time.  Completely linear like most of the FF series.  If you got stuck, there was no where else to go so grinding was your only option. 

• Brohoof 1

WWE Smackdown vs. Raw series: Targeting has been an issue in multi-man matches. You try to attack one guy, you're going to a different one. In games like '09, character specific story modes are too linear. They say you have multiple choices, but those choices turn out to be mission objectives, rather than choices that define your characters path. The commentary play by play is very lackluster and impersonal. Little to no emotion, and comments have little to do with the match at times. I usually play with it off. 

The creation suite is a point of contention for one reason or another. You cannot port characters from one game to the next. If your trying to create female characters, their play options are limited. From the first game to '09, women aren't allowed in any of the specialty match types. Up to '08 they can't win championships. Throughout all the games they do not have their own campaign mode. If I recall 2K15 didn't even have female athletes as an option in the creation mode. Custom championship belt creation was removed in '08. General manager mode was taken out in '09. The wondering brawl mode was removed from the previous Smackdown series. Created finishers look very unrealistic compared to the motion captured ones and common sense transitions are removed to make room for unrealistic gravity defying combos. 

• Brohoof 1

Mass Effect - The Citadel 

It doesn't matter if its's 1,2, or 3. Running the Citadel was always the most Tedious part of the game. Run here, Run There, Talk to this person, Try to find that person (he is here somewhere), and wait for the elevator... again. ya I didn't enjoy that part at all  

Zelda Majoras Mask: The Great Bay Temple... no just...just no

Zelda Ocarina of Time: I'm pretty sure this goes without saying but... Water Temple, but also the Bottom of the Well and the Shadow Temple were annoying as well. Also, as someone else mentioned earlier the Forest Temple is just a nightmare to navigate. 

Zelda Twilight Princess: The City in the Sky.... I fucking hate it and its one of the worst zelda dungeons I've ever played. It felt way more difficult and slower than it needed to be and I all but stumbled my way through the entire temple with only the faintest idea of where I was actually going. Boss Battle was decent I guess.

Zelda Wind Waker: The triforce quest. I don't have to say anything here everyone hates this part of Wind Waker, I do, you should, and even Eiji Aonuma himself (director of Wind Waker) admitted he hates this part of the game.

Fallout 3: Vault 87... and everything involved with Vault 87... I hate Vault 87. It was so terrible the first time I played Fallout 3 and even though it wasn't nearly as bad on my second playthrough of the game, cause I actually knew what I was doing that time, It was still very annoying. Also Camp Littlelight or Lamplight Caverns (can't remember the name) was pretty awful too, especially if you don't have the young at heart perk.

Banjo-Kazooie: I know what your are thinking and no, on the contrary I think Rusty Bucket bay is my favorite level of the game. No, the worst part of this game isn't really a level, but a feature, and that is how if you die or leave the level all the notes reset and you have to collect them all again. It's also worth NOTING that the notes you collect in the level don't add to your overall score until you get over the amount of notes you had when you died or left the level. Its so tedious and annoying and because of the constant note doors the game is throwing at you it was overall the worst thing about Banjo-Kazooie. I like the second game better cause it fixed this issue and more.

Donkey Kong 64: If you have played this game I'm pretty sure you will agree with me when I say that that collecting the Nintendo and Rareware coins is PURE HELL! It is the worst part of the game by a mile and to this day I still can't do it. But lucky for me I have discovered the games wall clipping glitches by watching Swordless Link. By gripping a computer in one of the rooms on the way to K-Rools throne room I have been able to clip under the floor in Hideout Helm, run under the door that required the coins to open it, clip back in bounds in the room with the key, collect the key, restart the game to get out of the room, free K. Lumsy and tell those coins to go fuck themselves. 

Final Fantasy VIII: The Prison is hands down, the worst part of this game, unless you enjoy having to run up and down 12 floors of copy pasted rooms for the better part of an hour with random enemy encounters. Also the whole reminiscence sequence at Trabia Garden makes me groan in agony evey time I have to sit through it, mainly cause its nothing but 30 solid minutes of dialogue with very little going on.

Edited by Zantetsuken

The major grinding at the second part of Final Fantasy 6, or 3 here. I love the game, and both parts, except for the horribly annoying grinding.

I have even played FF1 and think it is a bit much for grinding. FF1 was pretty simple for it though. Just go to higher level areas for a bit and continue. FF 6 made me use a literal system where I had each character practically cheat their way to a higher level. Pretty much invis effect and a certain enemy helped.

I love it, and maybe the grinding isn't as bad as I make it sound, but it is my least favorite part. It does make the rest of the game pretty easy though :P

I have a friend who says it's possible to not grind a tall in FFVI. I mean, if you're just running through the story it's not a huge surprise if you're underpowered when you get to the final dungeon which is a decent difficulty spike though. I'm not a huge fan of FFVI's upgrade mechanics though.

I don't get it, how is the grinding in FF6 any different than any of the other FFs?  And how the heck is there any more grinding in the second half of FF6 than the first?  The only difference in game mechanics between those two halves is that you are taken off the plot rails in the second half, but combat, leveling and the like are all the same.

Ha, grinding in FF... :P

<__< >__> Every single game in the series can be beaten without grinding. Especially literally every single game after FFVI.

This is largely true for any of the Blizzard RTS titles. It is a real shame to because Starcraft 1 & 2 are probably some of the best designed asymmetric warfare games every created, but you never actually get to appreciate that fact because the games are basically micromanagement hell for anyone who isn't a professional eSports player.

I think Warcraft 3 did it well though, it wasn't turbo-paced like Starcraft 2 is, so it always felt like you could take a moment to sit down and think about your next move. It also wasn't all about godlike micro, but rather countering your enemy's army composition, which I really liked.

Btw, is that Twi driving a Mammoth Tank on your avatar? Awesome :P

The Mecha Naruto story in Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution was, in my opinion, just...unecesarry. It was long and overall a boring part of the game. I mean, Mecha Naruto was only explored in a small amount in the anime and then totally forgotten about. Why give it its own story in the game? I lnow that there are some people out there who enjoyed that part of the game, and that's fine, but I can't say that I did. I wish that the game developers had executed that space for the Akatsuki story to expand on that instead.

But lucky for me I have discovered the games wall clipping glitches by watching Swordless Link. By gripping a computer in one of the rooms on the way to K-Rools throne room I have been able to clip under the floor in Hideout Helm, run under the door that required the coins to open it, clip back in bounds in the room with the key, collect the key, restart the game to get out of the room, free K. Lumsy and tell those coins to go fuck themselves.

You pretty much Discorded that b***h.

Deus Ex and Dishonored... One word... STEALTH and the fact I always find myself having to go stealth even when I don't have to in the game, I always go stealth...That and the fact I'm an achievement hunter/completionist

Edited by Roxy Brightspark
  • Brohoof 1

Deus Ex and Dishonored... One word... STEALTH and the fact I always find myself having to go stealth even when I don't have to in the game, I always go stealth...That and the fact I'm an achievement hunter/completionist

I have a friend who has the same problem with those games.  He wants to stealth through them but can't do it very well.  I keep trying to tell him he doesn't have to stealth, the whole point of Deus Ex in particular being that you can go about the game in any way you choose (save for the boss battles in the third one), so if you can't stealth for crap go in guns blazing or hack a turret or do something else.  But he insists on stealth and ends up hating the game because of that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Destiny: Ask any players might say Lack of story, Stingy loot, grind heavy, lack of in-game LFG. But for me, It takes forever to level up the perk's nodes on armor.

Call of Duty: LA-A-G (Also the hate for infinite Warfare, A hate on hate if you will)

Sonic Unleashed: I'm fine with the Werehog (Like it even) but it takes so long to complete like six times as long as the Hedgehog levels.

Far Car 4: a lack of reason to help out the rebellion and do side quests when you hit the level cap.

• 3 weeks later...

There are many moments in video games that were the worst for me and my experience in gaming.

1. Mirrors Edge- Mirrors Edge is a great game, but in the moments were combat is essential the fighting makes the game so much harder. The only way to get it is by dying many, many, many times just to pass one part.

2. Call of Duty- In the earlier games playing on veteran was a very daunting task as the enemies were numerous and they kill you in a minimum number of bullets. The checkpoints also love to screw you over as sometimes it can save while you are in the middle of gunfire.

3. Destiny- being one of my favorite games it really gets me down sometimes. Imagine, you completed that very hard mission and you can't wait to see what you get...only to get absolutely disappointed in what you get. The luck system in that game has screwed me and my friends over too many times to count and it is by far my least favorite thing about the game.

• Brohoof 1

Binding of Isaac - despite the amazing gameplay and the overall layout, theme, and story when you lose or die in game it is really frustrating since you have to start at the beginning again. Thankfully the newest version of the game features save states so you can at least save your progress and take a break.

Edited by MLPFanatic34
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Skyrim: It's unstable as hell, even on the latest patch. Some quests don't trigger properly and CTDs are frequent. Aside from that, some rather obvious choices for dialogs haven't been included, like telling Delphine and Esbern to go to hell when they tell you to kill Paarthurnax.

Any Assassin's Creed game: The stealth. Seriously, the mechanic is horrendous. Whether or not the target is visible isn't determined by the character's LOS, but the camera. Being detected fails the mission, despite the assassin's ability to easily murder half the country and thus leaving no witnesses. Failing sends you back to checkpoints, which are arbitrarily placed at best.

Any game: Mandatory puzzles that aren't difficult, merely padding. Nearly every game I play has these. Pull levers in the correct order, move blocks to the right place, light up tiles in a sequence...it's never hard, just annoying as all hell. Skyrim is a big offender here since pretty much every tomb has the same pillar-spinning puzzles. They get a pass on the claws because in-universe, they're meant to keep Draugr in, rather than keeping people out.

• Brohoof 1

Some levels of rogue and knuckles from SA2. Airplane stages in SA2. GODDAMN LABYRINTH ZONE IN Sonic 1. Shortness of Sonic Generations. WoW's leveling got boring at some parts and was repetitive at some times aswell.

My favorite game is called destiny and one thing I really hate is the fact that people can load into strikes and do nothing and the don't get kicked so I'm left to do the whole thing alone or with the other teammate ( a strike is 3 people fighting to a boss you kill the boss and get loot

Symmetra is extremely situational in Overwatch. She's only a viable hero in competitive at the first points on 2CP maps. She isn't even that good on control point. Her ultimate is her only good piece of equipment. Her turrets are better used for reconnaissance, marking enemies where they are, not really for dealing damage. Her alternate fire is slow moving and is incompetently easy to dodge, her primary fire is the only damage dealing she does but she's certain to die when faced with more than one enemy. And her shields are just completely useless.

• Brohoof 1

the part in dark souls 3 just before you reach the cleansing chapel makes me want to claw my hair out

in fact, the entire cathedral of the deep area is fucking horrible. its a testament to the biggest issue DS3 has: the common enemies are often more difficult than the bosses

-We'll I guess Guitar Hero World Tour, idk, probably how fragile the controllers were. But idk if that counts as the game so yea. 

-Warriors of Rock ummmmm same thing.

-Metallica.........same thing. JK it only had 48 songs which is kind of lame. It should have had way more. Also the other two games I mentioned had a choice to do a whole gig at once and in Metallica you had to pick individual songs in story mode.

-Halo 3 was kind of short. I felt like forge could have been more expansive in terms of budget and item amount especially on small maps. No duel wield needlers, like, what's up with that!

-Star Wars KOTOR. When I first played it, it was incredible but then I played KOTOR 2 and it did somethings better that should have been in the first game and vice versa. Like influence was awesome, I didn't like that you could just be bad and then still be good in the end in the first game. It's like your decision actually mattered. The second game had hella things taken out that made some stuff rocky and not make any sense in some parts also specific missions you couldn't do because things were taken out. In the 2nd you could express your feelings to every person in the game like in a romantic way, which is kind of dumb. It should only be one. You can't get your old lightsaber back after you fight Atris. Overall I like the 2nd game better because it has way more variety but the 1st game definitely has more interesting characters. In terms of story they are equal in their own ways.

The 3 things I hate about Smash Bros are reflectors, moves with high priority, and fighting against another camper. Reflectors are annoying because my attempt to hit my opponent with my fruit or hydrant will not work if they use it, and sometimes my projectile can hit me instead with more power than what it would have done if it hit my opponent. I hate moves with high priority, often sword attacks. Quick, fast, and long ranged moves such as Cloud's neutral air can hit my fruit and hydrant and then it won't hit them. Keep in mind those are PAC-MAN's most important tools. This is why Cloud is such a tough matchup for PAC-MAN. I don't like fighting other camping characters like Duck Hut or Toon Link because as PAC-MAN, I am camping and I want my opponent to approach my while my hydrant is bouncing, but camping characters don't approach. I know that I can heal off of their projectiles by using side B as they throw them, but it's way easier said than done.