Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Worst parts of your favorite game(s)?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Binding of Isaac - despite the amazing gameplay and the overall layout, theme, and story when you lose or die in game it is really frustrating since you have to start at the beginning again. Thankfully the newest version of the game features save states so you can at least save your progress and take a break.

This, so much. This is the main reason I stopped playing the game for a while. The cheap difficulty in the later levels essentially makes it to where you will die there 95% of the time and it just feels like a total waste.

I did not know of the save states, is that the PC version? I have the Xbone version myself. However, the one thing that has saved the game for me is the Greed Mode. That mode is pure fun even if the greed fight is pretty cheap. I still hate the damn Bloat though. Wish they would remove him.

Symmetra is extremely situational in Overwatch. She's only a viable hero in competitive at the first points on 2CP maps. She isn't even that good on control point. Her ultimate is her only good piece of equipment. Her turrets are better used for reconnaissance, marking enemies where they are, not really for dealing damage. Her alternate fire is slow moving and is incompetently easy to dodge, her primary fire is the only damage dealing she does but she's certain to die when faced with more than one enemy. And her shields are just completely useless.

Yeah, Symmetra just isn't very useful right now. Luckily she is getting a buff this month so we will see how that works. I personally think she should give 50 shielding.

Some levels of rogue and knuckles from SA2. Airplane stages in SA2. GODDAMN LABYRINTH ZONE IN Sonic 1. Shortness of Sonic Generations. WoW's leveling got boring at some parts and was repetitive at some times aswell.

Besides the pointless kart levels, the Rogue and Knuckles stages were always my least favorite in the game. The music in those levels was good at least. :P

World of Tanks:

• the super fun vision game that scouts used to play has been reduced severely.  
  • artillery wrecks games randomly.
  • huge power gap between tiers.  (for instance, it would be completely reasonable for a tank to have ~20% more hitpoints than its predecessor. 40+% is way too much)
  • high barrier to entry for new players.

still a great game.

Edited by weesh

Chasing the fucking egg thieves in the original Spyro, good god that's so infuriating.

• 1 year later...
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:53 AM, This Whomps said:

"HELP ME LEON!"

"HEEEEEELP!"

Recently replayed through RE 4 twice, one of those being on Professional for the first time and my god, I've come to the conclusion that Ashley is one of the worst gaming characters ever. She is damn near completely useless, always crying out for help because she can't do anything right and is such a typical, cliche example of a damsel in distress character. That is literally her whole character, damsel in distress. People hated Sheva because of her A.I., but at least in terms of her character in lore, she actually can do things.

• 4 weeks later...

Let's list off some examples...

Crusader Kings 2 - The Sunset Invasion DLC. It's, well... just not feasible. I just can't quite see how a civilization so technologically backwards could ever pose as a credible threat to Western Europe. I understand this was to balance things out as Western Europe almost never has to face a horde unlike the East, who often have their hands filled with the Turks and the Mongols, but... seriously, this just kills my suspension of disbelief.

Total War Attila - Cavalry OP pls nerf. Also, try playing as the Western Roman Empire on Hard Mode and survive. I dare you.

Fallout New Vegas - Great game overall, but it takes a while until the plot opens up for you. The first part of the game is rather tedious and it always feels like a chore until you finally reach Vegas.

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles - Marble Garden and Sandopolis. These two stages really overstay their welcome. I actually dislike Marble Garden more than Sandopolis, mainly because the level design isn't as open.

Total War Rome 2 - Rome is just too damn powerful. It wasn't enough for the designers to give them a very powerful infantry, they also gave them the best artillery in the game, as well as the one thing that makes them truly overpowered: Auxilary Barracks, which allows you to recruit units from conquered factions. Before long, you'll compensate your weak links in the army with proper skirmishers, like the Balearic Slingers; Peltasts; and Archers, as well as getting good cavalry, be it Celtic or Macedonian. The only factions that have an array of units close to quality are Egypt and the Seleucid Empire, but their good troops don't come until the late game, whereas Rome has pretty decent units from the start.

Worst part of Skyrim probably random crashes though most of them are not the games fault per se as I run so many mods though the mods are made with the creation kit which is pretty buggy by itself so I'd say that stability is the biggest issue in Skyrim 

• Team Fortress 2: Noob Solders that take a Black Box and SPAM M1...
  • Borderlands 1: The beginning was just a bit slow... Just a bit...
  • Banjo-Kazooie: THE ENTIRETY OF RUSTY BUCKET BAY...
  • Disgaea: Hour of Darkness: The grind needed at the end is freaking insane.
  • Pokémon RSE: Wattson was WAY too hard for me, starting Treecko... Literally won because of RNG...
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee- The balancing is HORRENDOUS.
Edited by Ice Bear

Spyro 1- One speedway was unable to finished.

Spyro 2 or 3- There game where you changelling Hunter by grabing many crystal from lava and by winning get more than haunter and that it was harder than boss battle cos unable to finish the game. Not sure that part in 2 or 3

I've enjoyed the first two Splinter Cell games on PS2, but they both have checkpoints. You can't just save whenever you want to, which I know the third one allows. You have to be very good with your sneaking and your decisions until you get to a checkpoint or save point. I believe there's a certain PC version that allows a quicksave, but yeah I'm annoyed at the inability to do it. I know the PS2 port of the original Deus Ex allows you to save whenever you want to, so I'm not sure why the developers wouldn't put that in.

water levels and ghost houses in Mario games. I've always found water levels to be slow and boring, and ghost houses are just annoying 

The fact that Pokemon can still only learn four moves max. You'd think think that would have been updated by now

And speaking of Pokemon, it's super annoying how the games don't have multiple save files 

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I do not enjoy Valak Mountain in Xenoblade Chronicles. 

There's this extremely rare collectible you can get there that you need for Colony 6, and guess what. You need THREE!

On 2018-10-22 at 9:39 PM, Phill said:

And speaking of Pokemon, it's super annoying how the games don't have multiple save files 

This. I'd love to replay those games, but I can't bring myself to delete all my hours of training and progression. 

Pikmin 2- Submerged Castle, how about we don't crush all my Pikmin?

Mario Sunshine- Pachinko Machine );

Probably severely in the minority here: Red Dead Redemption's main story ending- I just could have been better. Don't get me wrong I don't hate it. Just dislike it.

• Brohoof 1

Metroid Prime is a premo game, some complain about some backtracking which is understandable. Though imo the worst part was finding the artifacts. Near impossible to find unless you look up a guide online.

2 hours ago, Retro*Derpy said:

Metroid Prime is a premo game, some complain about some backtracking which is understandable. Though imo the worst part was finding the artifacts. Near impossible to find unless you look up a guide online.

Oh yeah, you either get a power up to get the artifacts, or get the Phazon Suit and backtrack all the game in one go. Pick your poison :catface:. That game is the shit, but artifact hunting is a low point :mlp_icwudt:. The keys in Echoes are worse tho :dash:

Got a couple of GCN as well

-Wind Waker: the Triforce quest. Sailing can be annoying on an extended time, and what perfect way to show it other than the final stretch :dash:? Get the charts, decipher ‘em, and get the pieces. Some of them are literally at the edges of the overworld. If only the warp zones covered the whole map evenly :dry:. Heard the HD edition improved it, with the Swift Sail and shit :huh:

Paper Mario The Thousand Year’s Door: The initial part of chapter 5. Backtracking over and over and over and over and over and over and over until you finally get to the Pirate’s Grotto is tedious :dry:. Wouldn’t be so bad if you had to deal with the annoying climbing part at the end, but nope, from start to finishing you have to deal with that bollocks :dash:

13 hours ago, Retro*Derpy said:

I feel like I'm the only person who liked the artifact hunt lol

Then again I'm a huge Metroid fan and Prime 1 is my second favorite game only to Super Metroid.