Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Theories of the Desolate Equestria.

Classic Play

Alright, so I don't know if this belonged here or in the "season 5 discussion" section and I'm also not sure if this has been talked about, yet, but I've been curious about something. I just got done watching The Cutie Re-mark in season 5 and when it came to the last alternative world shown in part 2, I started trying to guess what would've happened for Equestria to be so desolate. I almost thought something like Heroes: Reborn, where a solar storm caused it. The map even shows one little village in one corner of Equestria, like there remains the only ponies left in the world.

So, does anypony else have theories about what happened to said version of Equestria? It is quite a curious thing. 

large.png

;)

Seriously though this isn't the first time this discussion has been held, and it won't be the last. Really, just about anything from all-out war to the Umbrum creatures from the comics laying waste.

Of course plenty also compare it to Fallout, so there's that as well.

large.png

;)

Seriously though this isn't the first time this discussion has been held, and it won't be the last. Really, just about anything from all-out war to the Umbrum creatures from the comics laying waste.

Of course plenty also compare it to Fallout, so there's that as well.

Lol, first time for me to consider this topic. The Umbrums are an interesting theory, though, but since they are still suck in their little prison world, that probably don't work out, lol.

I suppose this is where the Fallout: Equestria fandom came from, though?

In each of the other alternate timelines one villain rose to prominence, creating a variety of war-torn possible presents.  My guess would be that in the final timeline, no single villain came to power, but rather they all became resurgent at the same time and the ensuing war between them all laid waste to the whole of Equestria leaving nothing for any eventual victor to rule over.

Except

Sombra is now reformed in the comics and is apparently now full unicorn.

Keep in mind though that the episode is considering the world without the special Sonic Rainboom, and if we keep to that Sombra doesn't get reformed. Heck, Radiant Hope doesn't even need to do anything because Sombra is free to do as he will.

• Brohoof 1

Keep in mind though that the episode is considering the world without the special Sonic Rainboom, and if we keep to that Sombra doesn't get reformed. Heck, Radiant Hope doesn't even need to do anything because Sombra is free to do as he will.

That's a very valid point. I didn't consider that. So, the Umbrums would've been able to escape the Frozen North and lay Equestria to waste, with that in mind. But, that would make the process much quicker than the first time we saw the Sombra controlled Equestria.

That's a very valid point. I didn't consider that. So, the Umbrums would've been able to escape the Frozen North and lay Equestria to waste, with that in mind. But, that would make the process much quicker than the first time we saw the Sombra controlled Equestria.

Well, it all depends on how it plays out, there could be an infinite number of possibilities. One thing to keep in mind is that at the start Sombra was reluctant to unleash the Umbrum for fear of them being good, and him being the solitary monster, if you will. As such it lends credence to him staying with the hypnotized soldiers, then maybe unleashing the umbra if the situation called for it.

Of course, this is just a theory, but I think it's workable. :)

Well, it all depends on how it plays out, there could be an infinite number of possibilities. One thing to keep in mind is that at the start Sombra was reluctant to unleash the Umbrum for fear of them being good, and him being the solitary monster, if you will. As such it lends credence to him staying with the hypnotized soldiers, then maybe unleashing the umbra if the situation called for it.

I can actually see this theory working out for sure. Lol, damn I hope, if they ever make anything in the comic, show canon, it'd be Sombra and Radiant Hope. That was my favorite chapter, lol.

• Brohoof 1

I've been going with that exact same headcanon.

Uncanny.

• Brohoof 1

For me, either by a war between all the badguys, Ahuizotl got all the power he wanted and destroyed everything he wanted (remember, he's real), or a yet to be seen villain did it

• Brohoof 2

For me, either by a war between all the badguys, Ahuizotl got all the power he wanted and destroyed everything he wanted (remember, he's real), or a yet to be seen villain did it

I never thought about him. The last Daring Do episode before that, was him and his intention to bring 8000 years of unrelenting heat. Lol, hell, that actually almost backs up my initial idea of a solar storm. This theory actually makes sense.

Really? I never noticed that there was still one little village in the corner of the map...

Your theory of it being a solar storm though is very unique! I like that theory!

Edited by AmethystDawn

Really? I never noticed that there was still one little village in the corner of the map...

Yeah, take a look at it, whenever you get back to that episode. It's across what looks like a river. Kinda looks like a clay or whatever village, like ponies living in the sides of cliffs and stuff.

Honestly I consider Ahuizotl one of the more dangerous villains, and that theory could probably work. Now, maybe it's not the "unrelenting heat" thing, but if he got his hands on a dangerous artifact and nether Daring Do or the Mane 6 stop him...woah.

Honestly I consider Ahuizotl one of the more dangerous villains, and that theory could probably work. Now, maybe it's not the "unrelenting heat" thing, but if he got his hands on a dangerous artifact and nether Daring Do or the Mane 6 stop him...woah.

Really, the writers need to make a two-parter Daring Do special with him now. It has to be done, cause I agree. He is more dangerous than Tirek, even. He's got all these resources and other ponies who follow him, like Cabelleron. 

I never thought about him. The last Daring Do episode before that, was him and his intention to bring 8000 years of unrelenting heat. Lol, hell, that actually almost backs up my initial idea of a solar storm. This theory actually makes sense.

Since I've just started reading the Daring Do books, he came to my mind (I'm currently halfway of the Eternal Flower), specially since....

Mojo, the main antagonist of the Thief of Marapore got horribly scarred that his cutie mark can't be seen anymore by Ahuizolt, and in the Eternal Flower, Daring Do FEARS him getting his hands on eternal life. With those mentioned, he can be a far more dangerous villain than we give him credit for, and who knows what ancient secrets that could fuck ponykind lies around. And judging by her books, there are no shortage of them, making him a constant menace

Since I've just started reading the Daring Do books, he came to my mind (I'm currently halfway of the Eternal Flower), specially since....

Mojo, the main antagonist of the Thief of Marapore got horribly scarred that his cutie mark can't be seen anymore by Ahuizolt, and in the Eternal Flower, Daring Do FEARS him getting his hands on eternal life. With those mentioned, he can be a far more dangerous villain than we give him credit for, and who knows what ancient secrets that could fuck ponykind lies around. And judging by her books, there are no shortage of them, making him a constant menace

Eh, I'm sorry, I just don't buy ahuizotl as being a big threat. While daring do doesn't want him to get eternal life, he's pretty clearly shown to be being manipulated by Vine in the second book-- yes, he'd get eternal life out of it, but vine's still using him more or less to do his dirty work and providing the brains of the duo, and WITHOUT vine, he would never have made it there, since his minions were so dumb they couldn't make a raft, while vine was implied to have copied Daring's uncle's raft design for the villains to use-- and without a raft they would have been fried by that dragon since Ahuizolt and his minions were too stupid to avoid making a commotion that might attract and anger the dragons.

Ahuizolt is basically just a big, angry retard; Dangerous, yes, but he's no nightmare moon. Hell, I'd put CABELLERON as a more threatening villain than ahuizotl, since he seems more intelligent.

Well with how we had seen every other major villain's impact in their own timeline, I like to believe that the wasteland is a result of what would have happened if the mane 6 never stopped Starlight in the village in the first place.