What did you think of the episode?  

175 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• I sure didn't...
    • Eh, not really...
    • Oh Celestia, that was just so meh...
    • I enjoyed it.
    • THAT WAS SUPER AWESOME COOL!!!!!

Honestly, I wish the episode focused more on the actual race than the carts. It also got annoying when the characters repeatedly said what kind of cart they wanted. Disappointing episode.

If I was stuck working with somebody who tried to take over the whole project and not let me do what I want when it was supposed to be MY project, I would yell at them until I got my way. (Hey, it works. And no, I AM NOT a spoiled brat, thank you very much.)

• Brohoof 5

I prefer episodes featuring a Crusader individually, but I still enjoyed this episode. Had a lot of development and a nice lesson. Didn't expect a song but it's probably going to be stuck in my head all day. Not much else to say about the episode.

• Brohoof 1

First of all, fitting music:

Now, it wasn't a bad episode. But certainly not good as well. Just very meh if you ask me.

I can understand why RD, AJ and Rara acted this way, but i still kinda expected a bit more from them. I don't want to say it's OOC, because that word is stupid. But i would expect better from them.

The song was nice and very catchy, eventhough everybody understood "derpy racers." :P

There where a few side gags here and there. Some that i found nice (sunglasses scene at the end) and some i really don't care (filly derpy.)

Also, i am not really sure what the lesson is supposed to be. It kinda felt like it said "Adult don't know best." Maybe i am wrong, but it sounded like it.

You can watch it. But it's not episode i will watch over and over again.

• Brohoof 2

I don't really like this episode. The writer just make Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Applejack out of character and the ending didn't make any sense. Why are they chilling in the beach chairs while drinking lemon tea when they can cheer on for the crusaders?

Another thing I didn't like about the ending. It was too predictable and ruins the fun to continue to watch.

5/10

wow!

here I was spending the WHOLE episode waiting for them to switch who they were building carts with, but the punch was WAY better than that.

I really like the lesson of listening and helping someone else that ISN'T doing what you want more than just abandoning that person for someone who IS on the same page!

That really saved the episode for me, which would have been otherwise lackluster.  

That's a good lesson indeed. Lucky for the CMC, the Mane6 know a thing or two about rethinking things. The reason abandoning is more common is related to how equally common it is for people to be stubborn mules and draw lines in the sand rather than consider that they made a mistake. We should learn though and try to understand what others want.  :idea:

• Brohoof 2

If I was stuck working with somebody who tried to take over the whole project and not let me do what I want when it was supposed to be MY project, I would yell at them until I got my way. (Hey, it works. And no, I AM NOT a spoiled brat, thank you very much.)

It's a shame that the adults needed someone to yell at them.  

The fillies WERE making their desires known, but the adults weren't listening.

As a kid, you shouldn't need to yell, but honestly, it might have helped.

• Brohoof 2

That was an alright episode. For a CMC episode, it was pretty enjoyable, though I still think Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow were just a tiny bit out of character in how childish they were acting so the plot would work though and it was kind of obvious what would happen the moment the ribbons were revealed. Yeah, I know AJ is naturally stubborn, Rainbow is competitive and Rarity was... getting over some childhood trauma apparently, but this still seems a bit much.

Also, who designed that track? With so many crossways, a crash was just begging to happen.  

• Brohoof 4

Now if only the Mach 5 was there.

What I liked:

The Races/Song/Derby: The actual race was pretty cool to see with a lot of old references to older racing TV shows like Wacky Races and Speed Racer and the song was rather catchy.

Cheerilee: HOLY COW SHE SPOKE! And she got to diss the Mane 6 in the episode! yay!

Snips and Snails: Okay that opening scene with them got a chuckle out of me. Also they exist!

Physics; They discussed actual physics!

Jumpsuits: They have jumpsuits, they look cool

The ending: Decent enough moral and nice to see everyone have a good ending

What I didn't like:

The conflict: Sorry but the conflict went on way too long with too many alternatives to it. I mean why couldn't the CMC switch partners? It would make sense and would have the extra moral of you don't always need to go with your kin to do stuff messeage. Or for Apple Bloom why couldn't she have gone to Big Mac the instant she saw Applejack was taking over way too much? The Mane 6 in the episode are more oblivious then ever (thought this works in favor for Rarity) and so obsessed with the derby it comes across far too over the top. And the CMC not standing up for themselves when they've done that already with their big sisters is something that seems to have been overlooked.

What was ???:

Chicken cart: Really? REALLY? A chicken cart? Great just when that meme was dying.

So meh CMC episode overall. Has a bit of retread of Show Stoppers but is less annoying about it. Also it didn't come right after another CMC episode.

• Brohoof 2

It's a meh episode for me. It laid the moral on a little too thick by making the older sisters super dense and unwilling to compromise even though they could clearly tell that their sisters wanted something different. Also, the crash wasn't really any one pony's fault. I guess it's technically Rainbow Dash's since her kart was the one that caused it all, but that didn't actually have anything to do with them taking over the race.

I will say though that I was entertained by it. I was watching the Equestria TV livestream again and that's always fun. Derpy winning for the most creative kart is a good gag, and I'm kind of glad the episode didn't reveal who actually won in the end. It has a couple decent songs, even though they're a tad cliched. Ummm...it's just ok for me. I would probably say I disliked it, which is rare for me to say for a FiM episode, but there is enough good to at least give it a passing grade, though just barely.

First of all, fitting music:

Sorry, Mesme, but I sorta beat ya to the Mario Kart music :-P

Play this music:

WELCOME TO PONY KART!

Sorry, Mesme, but I sorta beat ya to the Mario Kart music :-P

It's a different game though. *pouts*

• Brohoof 2

It seemed like a decent enough episode when I first saw it.

I will have to watch it later because I missed some of it. (I had to employ some workarounds to view the livestream.)

taken by the greatest screen capture software known to man: "PRTSC"
and put together with the most HD professional editing software ever invented: MS paint

14ucfuw_th.jpg

• Brohoof 3

That was an alright episode. For a CMC episode, it was pretty enjoyable, though I still think Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow were just a tiny bit out of character in how childish they were acting so the plot would work though and it was kind of obvious what would happen the moment the ribbons were revealed. Yeah, I know AJ is naturally stubborn, Rainbow is competitive and Rarity was... getting over some childhood trauma apparently, but this still seems a bit much.

Also, who designed that track? With so many crossways, a crash was just begging to happen.  

I know right? It's like making a NASCAR track a figure 8. Someone needs to be fired.  :lol:

I prefer episodes featuring a Crusader individually, but I still enjoyed this episode. Had a lot of development and a nice lesson. Didn't expect a song but it's probably going to be stuck in my head all day. Not much else to say about the episode.

I would think you enjoyed it quite a bit for the Scoot scenes, Laces.  ;)

• Brohoof 2

Aye, but it's not without example. There are plenty of figure-8 tracks that work in the same way. D:

Edit: 

I still think Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow were just a tiny bit out of character in how childish they were acting so the plot would work though and it was kind of obvious what would happen the moment the ribbons were revealed....

Well, they each knew the fillies well enough to guess what they would typically want...

It was kinda cool that the CMC were branching out a bit, which fits the theme of the recent CMC episode.  

I guess there is also a lesson in listening without assuming, because even some of the people you know the best might have some new ideas.

• Brohoof 2

I thought the episode was okay for the most part. 

Maybe Hasbro should make an official My Little Pony racing video game.

Other posters have already done Mario Kart. So now how about watching it to F-Zero music. Preferably Mute City?

Now this makes me wish to see an official My Little Pony stock car at the Daytona 500.

Edited by BrawnyCharger
  • Brohoof 2

This episode was kinda off to me for some reasons.

The CMC wanted to change the minds of their sisters (except Scootaloo, because RD is not her real sister)

But I felt that they were kinda in the background a little too much with their minimalistic interactions.

And it was just there at the end, as always, that they realised that they did not talked about it in the first place, but it was undertsandable in some way, because they seemed to be really involved in this project, but in the end when AJ, RD and RR realised it, it felt weird to me.

I think it could have been better as for the execution of this as an whole.

And when it came to the ribbon, it kinda got predictable on the ponies who would want to win those.

As for the positives, there's the moral somehow, that people can relate to a lot if they had parents/more experienced friends that kinda take the whole work for themselves in collaborative projects.

There is also the humour at times with those little jokes from time to time.

But other than that, pretty average episode to me, nothing more to really say on that.

TL;DR: Average episode, with the caracters actions/interactions being the main flaw in this one (wanna know why? read the full review), but the moral spoke to me and there is some jokes and giggles here and there.

Rating: 7 to 7.5/10

• Brohoof 2

The episode was good.

AJ, RD and Rarity were a bit... obstructive when it comes to building carts for the CMC, although it pays off. They went on designing the carts the way they wanted rather than letting the CMC design them (with the three older ponies' help), but in the end their actions led to consequences which allowed the three ponies to acknowledge their mistakes and let the CMC get the carts they wanted. It teaches a good moral where adults are not as perfect/right as children may think them to be and are capable of making mistakes.

Although I think AJ, RD and Rarity may be a tad bit "out of character" when building carts, my own conclusion is that they got too caught up in their own memories/wants and failed to regard the respective fillies' wishes. Hell, I think Rarity had even more reason since she got a 2nd place ribbon on creativity and was therefore determined to get 1st place this time around (and a bit too much at that). This is all my own opinion though :)

• Brohoof 2

Earlier I said CMC episodes are usually best when they involve their relationships with their sisters(SPTWOM not withstanding), and thankfully this keeps the tradition going