Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

what inspires you?

Snow

right now i have a bunch of things i want to do but i just dont have any motivation to do them

so i decided to ask this question in hopes i might find a scores of inspiration and motivation
consuming music i usually just get distracted and listen as appose to doing any work :c
but yea what inspires you guys, id like to know :P

• Brohoof 2

Music and the shows/movies I've been watching.

For instance, I feel like this song is just so serious, mysterious and dark...perfect for inspiring some MLP art XD

Sometimes a crossover just pops up in my head, and I think it'll be interesting to do. Or I just listen to a peppy pop song and think of drawing my favorite characters having a good time. :P Music can really set the mood for what I feel like drawing.

It's really kinda complicated and I feel like it's hard to put into words...hopefully you get the gist of what inspires me.

Edited by PacificGreen

I find that some of my favorite songs tend to leave me with feelings of inspiration. The song may not even have anything to do with what it inspired me to do... It just happens sometimes. I think this is because that I find certain music can really help me "escape".

:grin:

• Brohoof 1

My will be have the dankest memes drives me to the ends of this planet and beyond not even death will stop my dankness yet what inspired my passion in memes was one day i was walking down the street when in the corner of my eye i saw a pretty little thing approaching me she said i never seen a man who looks so all alone could you use a little company? If you pay the right price, your evening will be nice or you can go and send me on my way I said your such a sweet young thing why'd you do this to yourself? She looked at me and this is what she said There ain't no rest for the wicked money don't grow on trees I got bills to pay, I got mouths to feed there ain't nothing in this world for free. This got me thinking my time on this big rock on a one way ticket to hell is limited until i go to the pearly white gates of heaven and i want to be remembered for my actions. So i have been searching for the dankest memes ever since whenever i feel like i lost my purpose or life is getting me down i would always look to one guy and his name was harambe. he died recently and ever since its been hell but i still go for i started to inspire myself and my drive to push ahead and dont care about my dark past for you see my life is darkness. My master Shadow the Hedgehog taught me that edge is the best weapon he then handed me a razor and a playlist of Lincoln park. In short i just do it for the memes kid but i guess Boogie2988, Stephen hawking, Martin Luther King jr, and Doodledpony thats it really its mostly just myself i inspire to try and do better.

Music inspires me a lot. Depending on the song I get inspired for different things. some songs inspired me to start jogging and get fit and some give me inspiration for stories.

And my youngest brother is a scourse of inspiration for me. He is so cute and happy all the time and whenever I think I can't do something I remember that he (he's ten and dutch) watches completely english movies even though he has never even had english lesons at school, just because he wants to watch his favorite movies. That teached me to not give up because something might look difficult :D

• Brohoof 1

Friends inspire me a lot. When I see them accomplishing things, it motivates me to keep my passion alive and to be more proactive in working towards a goal. Their encouragement also helps, too!

Like others have said, there are certain songs/playlists that help to increase my focus and inspire me to keep going, despite any feelings of doubt.

Finally, I like to look at others' progression from amateur to pro at something. The journey toward enhancing a skill/meeting a goal can be challenging and there are times when you feel like you aren't getting anywhere. But it's nice to know that the people you look up to faced similar challenges on their journey, but didn't let it stop them. That's what helps me to continue working hard to get where I want to be.

• Brohoof 2

1. Listen to some chill music. Overall EDM music is nice in terms od inspiration. Just listen to something and try to make some motifs out ^^

2. Go outside and sit in a park. Simply admire the beauty of nature and I'm sure it will motivate you.

People who actively try to make their part of the world better for other people.  

Challenge! Competition! Chose a goal, hard and difficult, and do it. Or find someone to compete with. :sneer:

img-784567-1-9282918.jpg

It actually turns out that you are more likely to complete your goals if you DON'T tell them to other people.

But maybe making it a competition is different?

Edited by weesh

Tsitra360 x3 he's the one who motivated me to draw and make digital arts! xD Remixes too ^^ since listening to them,gives idea's on what to draw next xP

Edited by Moon-Star
  • Brohoof 1

Generally speaking? Whenever I am in a super great mood, or have talked with my friends and got cheered up by them, I feel inspired to take on just about anything in the world. :) I got the same feeling when I complete a to-do list or a long-term goal.

Speaking more specifically:

In art, I am inspired when I see other artists create amazing pieces of work, I study 'em and see if I can replicate something that I like (ie how they do the hair or eyes).

In modding/game design, I am inspired when I am playing another game or watching a playthrough of it, and I see something that makes me go "wow, that is awesome!", which gives me ideas for what I could do with my stuff.