Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

what inspires you?

Snow

I get Inspiration from certain Songs, like from Enigma or from other Powerful Songs.

I also get inspiration from certain Artists and drawings, as well as from Movies and Series and Games.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm always inspired by creativity and trying new ways to be creative. Sometimes I get a great idea for a drawing, painting or sculpture, or come up with a story that needs to be written. I always love coming up with new rhyme schemes for song lyrics too, even though I'm not good at melodies as a rule. 

But all that is the stuff that comes from within. From without, I always get inspired by a rousing John Williams score or travelling pretty much anywhere, whether I've already been there a zillion times or not. I just like to shake things up and get out of the daily routine. Just a change of scenery can do wonders for inspiration.  :grin:

• Brohoof 1

I listen to different types of musics on my ipod to picture an image in my head and if it's good, I draw it either on a blank sheet of paper or online using my wacom tablet. I also get inspirations from different movies, anime shows, and of course YouTube videos

It really depends on what it is I need to do. If it's something I hate i often work myself into a frenzy in order to get it done quickly (there are, of course, negative side effects to getting yourself extremely angry). If it's something I like doing, but I don't particularly want to, I calm myself into a tranquil state and tell myself to do it. If I just don't want to, I force myself to do it. If I need an idea, I sleep, have a shower, or pace.

A mix of music, anime/cartoons, hearing what the creators have to say about it etc. In terms of working out anime actually provides pretty great inspiration, such as DBZ for example.

Seeing other artists draw and such gives me motivation in the artistic area. Lots of different things. ^^

i am inspired by insanity. the more stress i take, the further my brain bends around it... and when i can look at it backwards, and laugh, then i know i am still me.... crazy as ever!  some times my mind "mirrors" pinkies personality..... randome and chaotic (in a good way).

• 2 years later...

Most of my ideas I've had for developing my own game end up coming from other games. Among them have been: Borderlands, Fallout, Paladins, and even other tabletop and card games like Magic and Heroclix (to various degrees).

As for what gets me going? Normally scores from video game soundtracks. I listen to loops I download from YouTube and others I make myself (not perfect, but they're fast to make. Worth it when you don't have good internet).

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

@Rikifive inspires me with his game making. His attitude and determination. It makes me wanna do things as well. Some people are just very strong when it comes to working at what they believe in, and he is one of them. I wonder if he knows he is an inspiration? Well, who knows?

This is going to sound super corny, but my husband. He has ADHD, but he has the laser focus that sometimes comes with it. He finished his four year degree in 9 months, and I'm just in awe of him. I wish I were anywhere near that talented.