Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open [RP]Crazy Noisy Bizarre Ponyville

GreenGreenWhirlWind

Upon knocking on the hotel room, the two hear Stardust's voice:

"COME IN!"

He says from the inside.

Coming in, Gridia sees a big mess: papers, charts, notebook pages and books all scattered across the room and a large blackboard where there once was a table with a drawing of a salmon along a contrived pile of numbers, charts and equations.

On the couch Gridia sees a pile of books on global economics, geopolitics, something about the stock market...That sorta thing.

The room reeks of coffee and energy drinks, in fact, Stardust is drinking a whole 2 liter bottle of "Wonder Volt": the first and ONLY energy drink to sponsor the Wonderblots themselves! It contains no magical OR alchemical additives and gives you just the enrgy you need to reach the skies!(this message was brought to you by Wonder Volt)

"Hi."

Stardust says.

"Don't mind the mess, i'm doing some important stuff, It's for my job.

What do you need?"

The hat-maned earth pony continues, speaking as if he was already used to getting visitors.

What is this guy's job anyway?

He's not wearing dolphin pyjamas this time, but dolphin shaped slippers. Classy.

Edited by GreenGreenWhirlWind

Gridia just looked around the hotel room, at all the mess, the weird fish pictures, and the energy drink she could practically smell from over here.

She couldn't fault his taste in slippers though.

"Uh, get this," she muttered, then nodded to L.K., "I got a... rogue Stand here. Says he hasn't got a user and... that he wants me to be his girlfriend."

Edited by Unicorncob

"That's...possible.

I once got myself in a fight against a sentient Stand that didn't have a user.

Its name was Anubis, a pretty tough fight if you ask me."

Stardust says without taking his focus away from the blackboard.

"That being said, rogue Stands are usually bound to a certain object or place, is that the case here?"

The stallion asks.

"Actually yes! I am bound to this arrow here."

L.K. awnsers.

In that moment, Stardust's pupils become 2 times smaller and he snaps the chalk that he was using to write on the board.

He slowly approaches L.K., asking them:

"Could you show it to me? The arrow, that is?"

L.K. simply nods and, on that instant, Gridia feels a shiver go down her spine.

They stab the dude.

L.K. just goes and stabs Stardust Strider right on his right hoof, causing him to grunt in pain.

He tries to summon Star Platinum, but when he does, the Stand simply leaves Stardust and starts standing besides L.K.

"You imbeciles."

L.K. says.

"I'm not a Stand without a user, i am a Stand that IS a user! That arrow there isn't the real thing: it's a weapon that i use to take away the Stands of my victyms! Do you wanna know what L.K. stands for? It stands for 'Love Kills'*!"

*based on a song with thar same name.

Gridia's eyes widened as she watched what transpired. L.K., or Love Kills apparently, turned out to be a jerk Stand/user hybrid thing that steals Stands.

"Y'know what I said about you not being a creep?" She snarked. "Yeah, go ahead and forget I said that."

She mentally praised herself for being wise enough to not go near that arrow in the beginning, because now it looked like, once again, it was up to her to deal with this, since Jet was nowhere to be seen.

"Look, weirdo," she went on, Jailbreak materialising next to her, "why don't you just give him his Stand back before I check your prostate with that arrow?"

"Ha, good one."

Love Kils says sarcastically.

"It seems like you still don't get it:

I have obtained Star Platinum, the Stand with the single most powerful ability there is: the one to stop time.

This Stand's speed, strenght and precision are also above anything i've ever seen, so much so that i only went to you because i knew you'd lead me to where Stardust was!

You're the only one of you two that we were able to locate, you were just tool, and now that you're not useful to me anymore i'll dispose of you like a scratched vinyl disc."

Love Kills tells Gridia slowly trotting towards her.

"So here's a different idea: if you run away right here and right now, i'll leave you mostly intact, what do you think?"

Gridia just raised an eyebrow, watching as Love Kills approached her. She wasn't exactly that impressed with his tact, she knew griffons scarier than how he was acting.

"Here's what I think," she whispered, leaning in toward his face, "out of the two of us, I'm not the one who's a tool."

Jailbreak zipped toward him, aiming to sock him across the face at full speed.

Gridia becomes impossible to even see due to her unbelievable speed, but Love Kills manages to block the attack with Star Platinum, who takes the punch for them.
As L.K. falls to the ground, both Love Kills and Stardust Strider let out a loud "ARGH!" when Gridia hits Star Platinum
"Now now, althought i am controlling its actions Star Platinum is still connected to Stardust in a certain level, as such, the damage is split evenly: i take half the damage and gym rat over there takes the other half! So you'd better try your Celestiadamn best to hit ME, and not Star Platinum...or else"
Love Kills tells Gridia while getting back up.
L.K. punches Gridia on the side of her body using Star Platinum, dealing a considerable amount of damage, but right when they're preparing the second punch, Love Kills gets hit on the face by Star Platinum's elbow, making them lose a tooth.
"Hey, what's the big idea?"
They ask angrily.
"It Seems that i still can control my Stand for a split second if i manage to dislodge the arrow just a little bit, althought it's not as easy as it seems: dislodging this thing is like pulling a street sign out of the ground. I know it's possible, tho, i've seen it happen. The street sign thing that is."
Awnsers Stardust, dragging a nearby piece of paper towards him.
L.K. glares at Stardust with anger.
"It seems like you have found a way around my ability - well big deal! - if you take that arrow off it'll just go right back to you! You're lucky that i need you to stay alive and conscious or else you'd already be worm food."

Gridia wheezed from the punch to her side, having the wind knocked out of her. She doubled over and gasped for air, shaking herself as she listened to L.K. and Stardust.

"Just..." she huffed, "Just focus on getting that thing out..."

Jailbreak zipped around aggressively as its user balled her talons into fists. "Let's go, loverboy."

Jailbreak manages to get around Star Platinum's defense and hit Love Kills on its right front hoof, dealing enough damage to break it, which almost throws off L.K.'s balance, who just barely manages to avoid falling.

Aside from making some uncomprehensible noises as an expression of pain, Love Kills stays quiet and attempts to throw another punch, only to have Star Platinum turn around in the middle of it and hit the ground, leaving a dent on the shape of its fist.

"It's loosening up quite a bit, it's gonna come off at any minute now!"

Stardust Strider says, grabbing a piece of the chalk he was holding earlier.

"Yare Yare, i'm lucky the arrow didn't hit the hoof i use to write, otherwise i'd never be able to finish this."
Stardust says, continuing to write whatever it was that he was writing about on that blackboard.

"How many times will i have to tell you that there's no use in trying to get that arrow off?!"
Love Kills yells at Stardust, using Star Platinum to tear off a piece of the wooden frame around the blackboard and using it to smack Gridia on the top of her head, dealing a good amount of damage and causing the piece of wood to snap in half.

Did it hurt? yes, a lot, but it also caused a half of the piece of wood to fall right next to Gridia.

Gridia squawked as the wood cracked against her head, and she dipped her head while clutching it. "Oooowwww...!"

She was really going to get him for that.

She saw a chunk of the wood used to hit her, and she smirked as she picked it up and swung toward L.K. with it.

The chunk of wood hits L.K. right on their cheek as they fall to the ground.

"Alright, i've had enough!"
L.K. says getting back on theri hooves.

"It's time to bring out the big guns! Star Platinum: The World!"
And for a split second everything goes dark.

Right now, time stands still.

Whatever happens here, Gridia won't be able to percieve it, it will be like it didn't even happened, once time flows again Gridia won't even know that Love Kills stopped time.

0.01 seconds have passed.

Love Kills slowly trots towards Gridia, limping because of her broken hoof.

"Since time is stopped, i won't even need a Stand to hit you! i'll break your neck and kill you on the spot! no fuss, no mess!"
0.37 seconds have passsed.

Love Kills is now right in front of gridia, their hooves nearly touching the sides of the griffon's head.

0.22 seconds have passed.

Love Kills starts preparing to break Gridia's neck when...

1 second has passed.

Time flows once again.

Gridia comes back to reality, suddenly seeing L.K. right in front of her.

"W-what? no no no, time should stop for 2 seconds once i activate this ability, there's no way there's already been 2 seconds!"
L.K. says, freezing in painc.

"You see, this is the difference between you and me, and why taking my Stand wouldn't help you at all."

Stardust says, nearly finishing whatever it is that he's doing on that blackboard.

"I've had ten years to train with my Star Platinum - to truly master its abilities - and you've only had a few minutes!"

He continues, finally finishing his work on that blackboard.

"This is what makes you different from me! i've traveled all the way to Anugypt to defeat an immortal vampire! i've graduated in marine biology and became one of the best ones in the field! i've beaten the crap out of a serial killer after being hit by an explosion! TWICE! DO YOU WANNA KNOW WHO I AM? I AM STARDUST █ING STRIDER!"

Stardust screams at Love Kills, completely removing the arrow and, in only a few seconds, making Star Platinum pummel L.K. with a powerful barrage of punches.

"ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!!!"

The Blue, long haired Stand screams as it brutally strikes Love Kills, completely destroying it and causing the arrow to vanish.

"Yare Yare, looks like that takes care of it."

The stallion says, blood slowly pouring out of the wound the arrow made, only to stop after a couple of seconds.

S.S. rips off a piece of the bedsheets and uses it as a makeshift bandage.

Seeing the way Star Platinum overwhelmed L.K. with its relentless strikes seemed strangely...Familiar. A sensation that she could do something similar suddenly crawled into Gridia's mind.

Maybe she could try something like that eventually.

"Well, since you're here, let's go to that bookstore i told you about."

Gridia's heart skipped a beat in a moment of fear when she saw L.K. was right in front of her with their hooves on her head. What were they going to do to her?

Though, Stardust had managed to come through and kick his flank, in a manner that left Gridia with her beak hanging open in awe.

She got this feeling... that somehow, maybe, she might be able to do what he just did.

"Wait, whoa!" She cawed, and flew over to get in Stardust's face before he left the room. "You gotta show me that move! With the super fast punches and stuff!"

"Sure thing, our Stands aren't that different, so i should be able to teach you.

Now, we should probably head to Quill & Son's about now."

The stallion says taking off the slippers and looking for his coat among the piles upon piles of paper.

"Y'know, it's funny how Love Kills called me Gym Rat, that was the name of my roommate back when i was in college."

He continues, finding the piece of clothing and putting it on, grabbing the keys in the pocket and heading to the door.

"Now let's get going before more annoying things happen to us..."

Gridia grinned with excitement, happy that she'd get to learn such an awesome move.

Jailbreak retracted into her, and she followed Stardust out the door toward the library.

"Huh, that is weird," she muttered to his comment about Gym Rat, then smirked and wiggled her talons at him, "maybe he was stalking you~"

"That wouldn't be beyond that guy, so maybe..."

Stardust says.
Shortly after, the two arrive at the bookstore.

"Well, here we are."

He tells Gridia as the two enter the store.

"Oh, greetings! welcome to the Quill & Son's Bookstore!"

Says a tea-green, old and short unicorn with puffy white mane and beard, wearing glasses on his sage*-colored eyes. He is sitting behind a counter and as such it isn't possible to see the lower half of his body, thus making it impossible to figure out what his tail or cutie mark look like.

"I am Quill Sage, and that young lad over there is my son, Paper Pulp"

The older stallion says, gesturing towards a much younger pegasus - the younger pony's body has a darker shade of tea-green and instead of white his mane is light yellow(like the inside of a banana), presumably how Quill Sage's mane looked like when he was younger. His eyes are sage-colored, just like the older pony's and his cutie mark is a sheet of paper folded in half. Paper Pulp is wearing thick glasses that strongly resemble the bottom of a bottle.

The young pony seems to be organizing the shelters, he's really focused on it so it might be a good idea not to interrupt.

"My wife, Black Quill, also helps around the store, but couldn't come today for personal reasons.

So, how may i help you?"

The older one asks.

"I need a book on ancient artifacts, you have anything like that?"

Stardust says, as straightforward as usual.

"Sure thing! an entire encyclopedia as a matter of fact! Paper Pulp, could you help me find a book for this young stallion here?"

Quill Sage asks his son, leaving the counter in order to go look for the book, thus revealing his cutie mark to be a quill writing on an open book.

Behind Quill Sage there is an old door, just opened enough for there to be a small gap between the door and the wall, and Gridia could swear that, for one second, she saw a small flash of light come from that gap.

She also saw that there's a bowl of mints on the counter with the words "Take One" written on it.

Does she take one?

* http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server2000/yvq46/products/453/images/395/Sage__65544.1377573249.1280.1280.png?c=2

(I'm gonna need a different pic, this one's not working :wacko: )

Gridia nodded to the two ponies, and tried not to stare at Paper Pulp's weird glasses. Poor guy's eyes must have been really bad.

She cocked an eyebrow at Stardust's forwardness, and blinked as she saw the light flash in the door behind the counter.

She then saw the bowl, and the mints inside. 'Take One', the note said. Didn't she hear about a book like this once?

Nonetheless, she took a mint and sniffed at it. "You see that?" She whispered to Stardust while popping the mint in her mouth.

"I saw it, alright"

Stardust awnsers glaring at the door.

"We should take a peek, a Stand user might have snuck in, if that's the case then the old guy and his son could be in serious danger."

The buff pony says slowly inching towards the door.

"If i don't come back, you know what to do."

S.S. says opening the door, revealing...Darkness there, and nothing more.

Suddenly the two see another flash of light, followed by a small pink blur(Couldn't be much bigger than an average turtl - i mean, tortoise)

Dashing under Stardust's muscled legs and going right past him.

"AGH!"

You hear a scream come from behind you, it didn't sound like Quill Sage so it could only have been Paper Pulp, and he sounded horrified, almost as if he just saw a ghost.

"What is it, kiddo?"

Quill Sage asks his son in a concerned tone.

"I-it was nothing, i just...Thought i had seen a moth, that's all."

Paper Pulp awnsers, his voice is slightly high-pitched and a little scratchy, making his presence rather...Difficult to take seriously. He almost sounds like a stereotipically nerdy cartoon charac - hey, wait a minute!

Meta humor aside, the geeky colt's father awnsers:

"Ah, moths are a quite creepy looking kind of critter indeed, did you know that some species of moth feed on the paper that makes up most books - thus damaging them permanently? Now what kind of vile beast DOES that?"

It seems like both of them take the family business pretty seriously.

It could have been a coincidence, or it could be that Paper Pulp too saw that blur?

Could it be that despite his nonthreatening presence this pony does know how to...make a stand?(...Get it?...make a stand...you get it.)

(Also, try this one: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsd0_y5tFXFi1cli2n1l9EItJS9HPNTEgYtMWagrtdOIdFN8mdsZayXUMGrQ )

(I'm getting a greenish square :blink: )

Gridia lifted a talon in surprise as... whatever that was zipped by. Then her attention was grabbed by the nerdy colt yelping about seeing something. Had his dad not seen it?

...great, more of this Stand junk.

Once the colt was alone, she approached him and whispered. "You saw that thing too?"

(Yeah, that's what it's supposed to be. That's a color named Sage, weird name for a color, i know. That's the color of Paper Pulp's eyes as well as his dad's.)

"If by 'that thing' you mean that pink blur, then i'm afraid yes."

Paper Pulp awnsers.

"Y-yeah, I've been...Seeing some strange things ever since i was hit by an arrow in a...Weird accident

I-i told my parents about it since they know about that kinda thing - my mom writes horror and my dad writes fantasy, so i...guess they're familiar with supernatural things? - anyway, dad intruduced me to the concept of a Tulpa: a being that is created by an individual's sole willpower. My mom said i'm being haunted by a poltergheist. Right now both theories are pretty likely.

I must sound like a weirdo right now, i know, but...You saw it too, so maybe it's not...THAT weird?"

The colt explains. He's clearly not exactly the best at talking to others, as he's visibly struggling against his shyness, but hey: at least the kid's trying.

Plus, he's connected to the arrow - and consequentially, Straight Arrow - too, so that helps.

(Oh! I thought it was my browser screwing up this whole time :adorkable: Sorry)

"An arrow, huh?" Gridia repeated with a knowing nod. Just as she thought - more Stand business. "Well, I guess your dad's not too far off. That thing you saw's called a Stand, it's more or less how you described a Tulpa."

She smirked and had Jailbreak emerge for Pulp to get a look at.

"I should know, I've got one myself."

"Well this is pretty...Out there.

Anyway, i'm not entirely sure about what my 'Stand' does, but whenever it manifests, any paper that's near me starts flying around like crazy."

The young pegasus explains.

"HEY,YOU THERE!"

Gridia, Paper Pulp and Stardust Strider hear a robotic voice say...It's coming from behind one of the shelves!

"HEY YOU THREE! COME 'ERE, I WANNA SHOW YOU SUMTHIN'!"

The robotic voice says, clearly referring to the trio.

"Y'ALL WANNA SEE SUMTHIN' MESSED UP? COME 'ERE, I WANNA SHOW YA SUMTHIN'!"

Before Gridia could respond, her fur and feathers stood on end at the sudden voice yelling at the trio.

She looked toward the shelf the voice was coming from. Since nopony else was reacting, it had to be a Stand.

She looked at Stardust, then backed up a bit so she was more behind him. "Uhhh, you go first, boss."

Stardust starts stepping towards the shelf, drawing closer and closer to find...A brain.

It's a brain with a scorpion tail and two tank threads on its sides.

Yeah, that's a Stand alright.

Upon seeing Stardust, the brain screams in the same robotic voice:

"Y'ALL WANNA SEE SUMTHIN' MESSED UP? CHECK THIS OUT!"

And then - even faster than Stardust can react - dashes forward and goes right under his legs.

"Son of a-"

Stardust says, but before he can finish he sees that the brain is going towards Quill Sage!

"HERE I COME!"

The brain says, speeding towards the old pony at an absurd speed and...

It crashes right into him.

Quill Sage is visibly still alive, but the three don't see the brain come back from the crash, yet they still hear its voice:

"HEHEHEHEHE...CHECK THIS OUT!"

"DAD!"

Paper pulp screams in a frightened tone.

"W-what's going on? What did that thing do?!"

He asks, still clearly terrified.

Gridia hopped up as the brain... tank... scorpion... thing sped away from them and toward Quill Sage.

Upon the impact, she couldn't see the Stand, but she could hear it coming from Quill Sage's direction.

The thought occurred, and she landed with a slump of exasperation. "...oh no, don't tell me..."

The elderly stallion gets up and, with a terrified expression, looks around him.

"AAAAAAAAAGH!"

He screams.

"Moths! T-hey're everywhere! They're walking all over me!"

He continues, screaming in panic.

"CHECK THIS OUT!"

The three hear that same voice say, cominc from the back of Quill Sages neck.

"What is that thing doing?!"

Paper Pulp asks Stardust, who remains mostlu unphased.

"Yare Yare,looks like the Stand is making your dad see things, let me see if i can help..."

Stardust replies, approaching Sage and extending his hoof to him.

"Hey, old pony, there's no moths here, you're just seeing things. Snap out of it!"

S.S. says, but all that Quill Sage sees is a giant moth buzzing violently at him.

"GET AWAY!"

The white-maned unicorn yells,grabbing a book from a nearby shelf and hitting Stardust right on the top of his head with it.

"This is gonna be harder than i thought."

Stardust Strider frustratedly grunts.