Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open [RP]Crazy Noisy Bizarre Ponyville

GreenGreenWhirlWind

Gridia raised an eyebrow as she watched the elder pony freak out at... nothing. He was seeing moths, apparently.

"He's making him see spooky-scary things, apparently," she muttered, then looked at Pulp, "Okay, you're gonna wanna calm down your old stallion while we take care of Brainiac. Got it?"

"Calm him down?...Alright, i'll try..."

Pulp says, trying to speak to his father shortly after:

"Dad? It's me, Paper Pulp, there's no moths here! There's no need to freak ou-"

Quill sage, still seeing things, attempts to hit Paper Pulp with the same book as before, but what seems like a long strip of paper comes out of one of the books in a nearby shelf ans wraps itself around his hoof.

"What?!"

Paper Pulp says, puzzled at what's going on.

"Was...Was that me? Were i the one who did that?"

He asks himself, attempting to manipulate the strip of paper...It works!

He makes others come out of the same book until all of Quill Sage's hooves are tied.

"Alright, i'm holding him! Do your thing!"

He says to Gridia and Stardust.

Stardust uses his Star Platinum to pull out the enemy Stand, punching it repeatedly afterwards and launching it against a shelf.

The Stand jumps out of the shelf and dashes towards Gridia, screaming at the top of its nonexistent lungs in its eerie robotic voice:

"CHECK! THIS! OUT!"

Gridia only has a few seconds to react, what will she do?

Gridia watched as Pulp and Stardust got to work in removing the Stand from Quill. It was clear the old stallion wasn't in his right state of mind, probably due to that scorpion brain thing.

Speaking of which, said thing was coming right for her, and she had to act fast. She attempted to use Jailbreak to not it away from her.

Jailbreak...Actually swats the stand away pretty easily.

Huh

The Stand lands on the floor and shifts to Stardust's direction who - using Star Platinum - tries to punch the Stand, only to have it attach to the Stand's hoof using its stinger.

"HERE I COME!"

The brain exclaims, rushing up S.P.'s arm as fast as a rabbit running away from a pack of wolves.

"STAR PLATINUM: THE W-"

Stardust says, attempting to stop time before the Stand can attack, but it's too late: the Stand is already attached to the back of his neck!

He tries to grab the Stand with Star Platinum, but it sems like he can't even see: he makes it move right when it should move forward and move left when it should move back.

As Star Platinum frantically flails about, Stardust suddenly grunts in pain.

"I-IT BURNS! I don't know why, but i feel as if my whole body was on fire! It's unbearable!"

The Stallion screams. Clearly this is the enemy Stand's doing.

"What in Equestria is he screaming about?"

Quill Sage asks, recovering from the attack.

"Uhm...It's nothing, just...Just don't get too close, ok? it could be dangerous!"

Paper Pulp tells Quill Sage, who agrees with him and steps back.

At the same time, random pieces of paper start flying around Paper Pulp, coming from all parts of the building.

It sems that they are beginning to stick together, they have already formed the shape of what seems like a pony's head.

This one, due to being made from actual paper, actually IS visible to non-Stand users, and Quill Sage tries to say something about it but is simply too frightened and confused to form a coherent sentence.

Edited by GreenGreenWhirlWind

Gridia bit her beak when she saw she'd swatted that Stand toward Stardust, who became a victim to it.

"...sorry, my bad." was all she could nervously mutter.

Though, she was never one to give in so easily. She tried to get a good look at the Stand behind Stardust's head, but was distracted by the giant paper pony head. "The heck is that you're doing?"

"I'm...Not entirely sure"

Paper Pulp replies.

Eventually, the pony head becomes a complete earth pony with pale blue coat and most of its body covered in strips of paper except for its mouth and joints. Its tail and mane are made out of shredded paper and its Cutie Mark is a stain of ink.

Drawn on the paper strips that cover his eyes there are semi-realistic(Almost realistic looking, but not quite) drawings of eyes that can actually move as if they were real eyes.

[silence]

[Awkward Silence]

[VERY Awkward Silence]

"WHADDUP, BOSS?"

The paper pony says in a male-sounding cheerful tone referring to Paper Pulp.

"What's my misson? bring it on! I'm your Stand - Paperback Writer* - so your wish is my command!"

He continues.

As Quill Sage stares mesmerized at the current events, Paper Pulp tries to strike a conversation with his newfound Stand:

"Uhm...What do you have in mind?..."

The glasses-wearing pegasus asks.

Paperback Writer stops for a little while to think, scratching his chin.

"Whatever you got in yours, Boss!"

He awnsers nonchalantly.

"A-alright...There's an enemy Stand on that guy's back! i want you to take it down!"

Paper Pulp orders his Stand.

"AYE AYE, BOSS! ONE FLANK WHOOPIN' COMING UP!"

The paper pony shouts as he tears off his right hoof and sends it flying all the way to the other side of the room, swiftly turning back afterwards and speeding towards the enemy Stand, thus hitting it and causing enough damage for the Stand to let go of Stardust and attach itself to Paperback Writer instead.

"HA! This thing actually fell for it!"

Paperback Writter mockingly exclaims, unraveling its arm to reveal that it isn't covered in paper: it is MADE of paper.

The long and thin strips of paper completely wrap themselves around the Stand and immediately start constricting it, soon enough, everypony(and griffon) in the room hears a loud scream coming from the door behind the counter.

*Name based on the song "Paperback Writer", by The Beatles.

Gridia watched, rather wide-eyed as Paperback Writer, who she assumed was Pulp's Stand, got to work taking care of Scorpion Brain McGee over there. The Stand seemed to be totally made of paper, and made quick work of the robot thing.

"I like him," she grinned to Stardust.

She jolted upright from the scream, and looked over to the counter.

"He really is impressive..."

Stardust says getting back up carefully.

Upon investigating you find the source of the noise: a deep ruby unicorn mare with spanish gray mane and tail, pastel grey eyes and a brain with two googly eyes for a cutie mark.

"It can't be! My Stand...My 'Insane In The Membrane*' was defeated?"

She asks herself with whatever little breath she had left before passing out.

"Uh?"

Gridia hears a familiar voice say coming from her left:looks like Quill Sage also came to check on the noise.

"Who's this?...Is she a thief? I really should put some safety locks on the windows..."

The old stallion mumbles.

"Good afternoon, dear!"

You hear a female voice coming fro the entrance: it is a tall and thin old pegasus mare with dark lavender coat, pale purple mane & tail and what seems to be a raven holding a black quill for a cutie mark, the mare wears black lipstick with matching eyeshadow and speaks in a thick Trottingham(what seems to be the MLP equivalent of England as far as i know) accent.

Upon seeing the mess, the mare simply says:

"Oh, it must be saturday already.**"

*Named after the song "Insane In The Membrane" by Cypress Hill.

**(Get it? cuz saturday is when the show's episodes come out, and that's when all the weird stuff happens...you get it.)

• Brohoof 1

Gridia blinked and reached over the counter, grabbing the unconscious mare.

"Looks like we got our culprit," she said, and flopped her over Stardust's back, assuming he could carry her.

She looked around and saw the tall and older mare with the Trottingham accent, and nonchalantly waved a claw. "Sup. Sorry 'bout the mess, had a bit of a... predicament."

(edited)

After Stardust apologizes for the trouble they went through and even paid some bits to compensate for wha happened, he purchases the book he needed(plus one that seems to be about...The salmon industry in the dragon lands?) and the duo leaves saying goodbye to the family that runs the store.

They arrive at Sugarcube Corner and sit in one of the tables outside of it.

Taking a good look at the book, Stardust starts speaking in a tranquil tone - but not in his usual "I don't really care" tone,rather, it's more of a "I'm striking a friendly conversation" tone.

"Well, here we have it, the book we needed...Oh yeah, before i forget, did you have breakfast today? If not i could borrow you some bits to buy something, consider it a thanks for saving my life twice."

S.S. says, opening the large book titled:

"The Complete Compendium Of Awe-Inspiring Artifacts"

Gridia also waved goodbye to the book store owners and followed Stardust to Sugarcube Corner, and she could swear she saw a purple winged unicorn zip in past them.

She sat across from him and tried to lean over to read the book he was pouring over, but she couldn't make heads or tails of it from that angle. So instead, she wondered why he got a book on salmon, then started getting an urge for fish until Stardust spoke up.

"Oh... no I didn't actually," she muttered, "you can treat me if you want. And it was no big deal really."

Stardust waves to a pink, puffy-maned waitress who has three balloons for a cutie mark and orders a slice of [insert flavor of your choice here] pie along with a cup of coffee, which she brings shortly after.

The relics are organized by alpahbetical order, and as Stardust turns the pages he eventually gets to the letter "S", muttering to himself as he turns the pages:

"Stone Mask...Stone Mask...Stone Mask...Here we go! Stone Mask."

Upon finding the page about the mask, Stardust starts reading it out loud just loud enough so Gridia can hear it, but not anypony else.

"The Stone Mask is an ancient mask carved out of a mysterious kind of rock that is yet to be identified, it is said that it was created by an ancient civilization located somehwere in South and Central Equestria, the mask has thorns on the inside that - upon being touched by blood - will inexplicably expand to sizes large enough to pierce through an average pony`s skull and into their brain. Despite that morbid detail, it is said that the mask was not used for sacrifices, executions or anything like that, instead it was used in religious rituals to grant eternal life to a certain pony by transforming them into what is nowdays defined as..."

Stardust gags a little bit, even thought equines are incapable of "gagging" for their throats lack the muscles necessary to do so, starting to sweat bullets and wearing a nervous and uncomfortable glare on his face.

"...A vampire"
Gridia can sense a kind of deep, dark fear in Stardust Strider`s voice - not an irrational "There`s a cockroach in my room and i can`t find it" or "The sound of a dentist`s drill" sort of fear - but an actual, legit terror, the "Three of my friends and one of my ancestors was killed by a vampire" kind of fear.

"This has DIO written all over it."
The pale blue pony grunts in rage.

"I don`t know who this Straight Arrow is or why he wants this mask, but he`s connected to DIO, i`m sure!

Now it`s personal, i`m gonna find Straight Arrow and i`m going to stop him no matter what it takes!"

Gridia watched the pink pony zip into the store and back out with what she'd ordered. She nodded a thanks and started munching on it while listening to Stardust, as well as vaguely wondering if Jet was working today.

She blinked as he concluded his read. "A vampire? Well this just escalated." She muttered nonchalantly.

Though, she got this irritable itch from Stardust, one that made her shudder a bit. "Um, alright. So where does that leave me?"

"I don't think that's up to me."

Stardust tells the griffon.

"For now we will continue unraveling Straight Arrow's scheme and find out what he's planning, but your choices and actions are still entirely up to you.

I also will contact a specific pony that could help with our mission, althought it may be difficult - he does live on the other side of the world."

"Hey guys!"

you hear a jovial, familiar voice say: a young crimson unicorn with a dark grey mane.

"Jet Set, just in the right time."

Stardust replies to the colt.

"The Speedwagon foundation contacted me: they sent a highly trained agent to scout the area and it seems that one of Straight Arrow's files is hidden in the town hall, i need you to bring it here."

"Pfft, easy."

Jet Set awnsers.

Stardust, closing the book and putting it inside his trench coat - just how much stuff can he fit in there anyway? - says:

"Good, meet me in the back of this place after your shift's over.

Gridia, you're coming too?"

Gridia blinked as Jet Set appeared out of nowhere, and she nodded at him. "Sup, speedy."

She looked at Stardust and listened to the next part of his plan. Another file in town hall for Jet to pick up, and he wanted her to go with him for... something.

"Got nothing better to do," she shrugged and got off her chair, "what's the plan for us?"

"Oh, us? we're going to the post office, we're gonna send a letter."

Stardust awnsers nonchalantly.

That evening, after Sugarcube Corner closed, the three met there as planned, Stardust showed up carrying a large box full of holes in it.

"Alright, here's the plan: Jet Set, you're going to find a strategic spot to hide on: somewhere that's nearby the town hall but at the same time won't let ponies easily see you, if you need to you can hide inside this box."

Says Stardust, giving Jet Set the box.

"Gridia, we're going to the post ocffice, it'll take a long while for it to close so we should be fine."

He continues, grabbing his notebook and tearing out a page that has the word "HELP!" written on it and giving it to Jet Set.

"Jet Set, if you get in trouble, use your Stand to deliver this to us.

Alright, we should be all set up, any questions before we start?"

Gridia widened her eyes, pupils diluted in disbelief. "We're what?"

That evening, she listened in to Stardust's plan, and watched him hand Jet Set a box with holes in it. So what, Jet was disguising himself as somepony's new pet hamster or something?

She raised her claw. "Yeah I got a question. What's the post office going to do for us exactly?"

Stardust opens his notebook and pulls a photograph out of it, starting to speak:

"Remember that pony i was talking about contacting? Yeah, that's who we're sending a letter to, well, more or less: this letter is for the SpeedWagon foundation, the foundation will recieve the letter and warn the guy about it, then bring him here when he's ready.

It may take a few days, but believe me, this'll help us a lot.

Welp, if there's nothing else to discuss, i believe we should get going."

He gives Gridia the photo. The photo shows, from the neck up, a light lilac unicorn with deep dark blue eyes and dark lilac hair styled into a large pompadour, which is weird: it's kind of unexpected to see a young looking pony like the one in the picture wearing such an outdated hairstyle.

"His name is Diamond Crash, let's see...He's from Japony, just like me, his father is from trottingham and is also my grandfather, so this would make him my uncle. I think that sums it up. The picture's from a few years ago - about 3 or 4 give or take - but i don't think he's changed much."

Stardust explains.

THAT guy's Stardust's uncle? He doesn't seem to come close to having his size or age...And yet their facial features are remarkably similar and their eye color is the same, maybe they do have more in common than meets the eye...

Althought the similarities in their facial structures outnumber the differences, one thing is strikingly different: while Stardust's lips are about as thin as your average stallion - if not a tiny bit thinner - Diamond Crash's lips are a bit plumper, they still are obviously the ones of a stallion, but are noticeably a tad fuller than usual.

His expression is also a lot different, being that of a calm and warm smile that clashes with Stardust's usually blank expression, their personalities are clearly as different as night and day.

Gridia took the photo and examined the pony on it while Stardust explained who it was. And the more information she got, the more unbelievable it became.

...is this guy high?

"This is your uncle?" She repeated incredulously. "No offence, but a few years ago or not, this guy looks younger than you."

Did have a nice smile though.

Stardust kind of expects others to get confused when he talks about his uncle, so he quickly explains:

"Well...Let's just say that my gramps isn't exactly the most loyal husband in Equestria...Althought it is kind of impressive, i mean, he was at his 70s when he - well, doesn't matter, point is: he's my grandfather's illegitimate son and - like most members of my family - he's a Stand user, a powerful one at that, and he'll be helpful at catching Straight Arrow."

Stardust then sarts trotting towards the post office.

Gridia blinked, raising an eyebrow at the explanation, then hovers after Stardust as he trots to the post office.

"You have... an interesting family, dude," she deadpanned, then took a look around herself before answering, "so, how's he gonna help us find this Straight Arrow guy?"

She was curious to know what he did in his 70s, but she decided not to ask.

"He's been through something similar: he and his friends managed to catch a Stand using serial killer all by themselves, so he's experient with this kinda stuff."

Stardust explains.

"His Stand has the power to restore things to their original state: he can heal wounds, fix broken objects and revert things back to their basic elemnts, think of him as a reverse alchemist"

He continues until you find yourselves entering the post office and...The floor's completely soaked!

Yep, appearantly they just had a mishap involving a raincloud so now the floor's totally wet and covering in "WET FLOOR!" sings. At least the place's opened and functioning normally.

"I'll wait here in the line, if you see anything shady, you know what to do."

Stardust tells Gridia and goes into the large line that has formed in front of the counter with an irrelevant background characrer behind it.

What seems like a shadow is moving under the thin layer of water and passes right in front of Gridia, but the water is far too shallow for anything to move within it, what could be the cause of this?

Gridia nodded slightly at Stardust's description of his... uncle. That still seemed weird in her head.

She entered the post office with him, and blinked as the floor was completely wet. Some kind of raincloud problem or something.

Honestly, pegasi have this power and this is what they do with it. Though, she couldn't fault them - she would too if she was bored enough.

She gently splashed her talon in the water idly until she caught sight of the shadow slinking underneath the thin layer of water.

A small sigh and a roll of her eyes acted as response. "I wonder what that could be." she deadpanned.

(edited)

A small metal tube shaped like a bended straw emerges from the water and starts looking around, it's a periscope, similar to those that go on top of submarines.

It looks all around the room, scouting every inch of it until it seems to start moving towards a water fountain. Suddenly, something flies out of the thin layer of water and into the fountain, it's a large metallic cigar-shaped object with a propeller behind it...It's a torpedo!

The torpedo hits the fountain and explodes, causing water to start leaking out of it, yet only Gridia and Stardust hear the explosion.

"Yare Yare, we can't even send a letter in peace here, can we?"

Stardust Strider mutters to himself.

"Let's finish this before it gets out of hand, Star Platinum!"

Continues the stallion, summoning his Stand and making it punch the shadow lurking within the water, but to no avail: no matter how many times it tries to hit the target, Star Platinum can't seem to touch the enemy Stand, it's as if it was behind some kind of barrier!

Noticing Star Platinum, the underwater Stand shoots a torpedo at its hoof, causing Stardust to grunt in pain and start bleeding profousely from one of his hooves.

"Are you OK, sir?"

Asks a mare in front of him in the line.

"Do you need help?"

Asks the stallion behind him.

All ponies around Stardust start trying to talk to him, worried about his injury, until the greyish blue pony loses his patience, exclaiming:

"I'M FINE, GO MIND YOUR OWN BUCKING BUSINESS!"

In his typical deep, somewhat menacing tone and making everypony around him shut up.

"Star Platinum: The World!"

He says, and before Gridia even notices Stardust is holding the Stand with Star Platinum.

It seems that, while time was stopped, Stardust tore out a piece of the floor - indicated by the large hole right in front of S.S. - and pulverized it until the Stand had to reveal itself.

The Stand takes the form of a small, yellow, cartoony submarine:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-fet-7k3J4nw6tu6qFLHr8wTEcNLKeh_zZ4ZqFIv6Iz1QfXKWcsX9US2u

"Pfft, way too ea-"

Stardust begins to say, but before he can finish the yellow submarine smashes into his face and jumps back into the water.

This time nopony bothers to talk to him, and it seems like the mare in front of Starfust chuckles a little bit.

Gridia stepped back from Stardust's outburst, still not used to his sudden rage when he was usually all cool.

"Now now," she muttered, "think of your blood pressure."

She watched as Stardust did his thing, and the little periscope thing emerged from the water to reveal a yellow submarine thing.

"...you've gotta be kidding me."

She blinked as it struck Stardust in the face, and she saw the chuckling mare. Far too used to this already, she just pointed a talon at her. "It's her. She's doing it." she deadpanned.