Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My First Attempt at Fic Writing

Nylon

Hi, Idk if this is the right place for this but I'm planning to type my first fan fic which will be about a post-apocalyptic Equestia (I know what you're thinking and this won't be anything like Fallout Equestria (I haven't even read that fanfic so I couldn't be able to rip it off neither)). It's not from the fic itself, but it is just a little scenario I made up for it that may or may not be part of the fan fic.

The Little White Unicorn ventures further to the border of the ruined city. Along the way he hears the sounds of trash and debris rustling around slightly. The unicorn stopped as soon as the noise reached his ears, he leans his head towards the noise to listen closer. After a few seconds he hears growling amongst the rustling, this causes the unicorn to be unsettled. As instinct began to take some control of, he finds the closest thing to defend himself with. The only thing he finds that he could pick up without problem is a piece of 2x4 that was broken lengthwise. The Little Unicorn slowly sneaks up towards the noise that lead him to the other side of a wall. He peaks his head out from the side to find three grey hound-like creatures digging through a pile of debris that was only a few feet away from the destroyed wall he hid behind. Luckily, none of them was facing in his general direction and didn’t notice him, allowing him to be able to listen on their conversation.

“So hungry...” whimpered the smaller of the hound creatures.

“Ah quit ‘cher whining and keep looking, there’sh gotta be somethin’ around this heap that we could shnack on!”, Complained the second largest of the three. Just then the largest of the hounds began sniffing the air,

“‘Cha shmell somethin’?”, Asked the second largest hound.

“Food?!”, asked the smallest with excitement. The largest of the three begins to start barking fiercely yet lightly as he pointed towards the wall that the unicorn was hiding behind. The largest jumps from the debris heap and begins racing towards the wall. With very little time on his hooves, the unicorn prepared his piece of 2x4 as the largest hound darted towards where he was standing.

“GO FIND HIM, DARWIN!”, cried out the smallest hound as he began to go after his friend with the second largest tagging right behind him. The pattering sounds of the largest hound’s paws drew closer and closer, with the unicorn tightening his magical grip on the piece of wood as the noise drew closer. Before he knew it the hound leaped at the end of the wall where he was standing and without thinking, he swung the 2x4 directly at the beast as hard as he could. There was a loud “CRRRRACK!” and an even louder “YELP” that stopped the other two on their tracks.

“...Dahwin?...”,  called out the the larger hound as the two stood there petrified to see their friend just lying there lifeless half-way behind the destroyed wall. The unicorn saw what he did, and began to move away from Darwin’s body. Within a few seconds, the two hounds built up the courage to approach the body of their friend to see the scared little unicorn standing on the other end of the wall with half of the broken piece of wood still clutched in his magical grip. The unicorn was now the one that was petrified as he saw the two hounds staring at him and the motionless body of their fellow beast lying before them for what to him felt like forever. The smaller dog whimpers as he backs away in sorrow for his fallen comrade.

“YOU KIHLED DAHWIN!!” Cried out the second largest as he charged at the unicorn in rage. Fear overtook the unicorn as the second largest sprinted at him, and with his instinct he swung what was left of the 2x4 as hard as he could at the second largest dog. “SSMACK!!!” went the short piece of wood as it collided with the dog’s cheek. The impact sends the dog’s head to fly right into the wall, causing him to fall down just as lifeless as Darwin was. As soon as the smallest of the three saw his other friend fall down from the strike, terror began to force his paws to run as fast as he could away from the unicorn. The unicorn takes a moment to look down as both of the motionless hound-like creatures, and began to collapse against the wall as the merciful blanket of relief begins to fall down upon him.