Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What If Harmony Existed In The Real World?

OmegaBeamOfficial

What do you think life would be like if harmony existed on Earth? (Because let's face it, it doesn't, and probably never will.). I think It'd be interesting to see. Granted, we wouldn't get any of the cool stuff like access to Equestrian magic or anything like that, because, ya know, fictional universe and everything, but I'm just wondering what would happen.

I don't think Harmony even exists in Equestria.  If it did, then it'd be like G3, where the biggest conundrum someone would face all week would be wondering where their friend was, or where they put their book on butterflies.

If you mean the Elements of Harmony, however, they'd be abused.  I mean, sure, one could say that the Elements "heal" rather than destroy, making them completely useless as a military weapon, but that doesn't take away from the obvious use they have as a political weapon.

Edited by Hazard Time
  • Brohoof 4

I don't think Harmony even exists in Equestria.  If it did, then it'd be like G3, where the biggest conundrum someone would face all week would be wondering where their friend was, or where they put their book on butterflies.

If you mean the Elements of Harmony, however, they'd be abused.  I mean, sure, one could say that the Elements "heal" rather than destroy, making them completely useless as a military weapon, but that doesn't take away from the obvious use they have as a political weapon.

I was referring to harmony itself, but now that I think about it, if we had the elements of harmony... World War 3! Crap!

You must understand Humanity. We fight, we must fight. Peace is not 100% possible, but it can happen in small doses.

Dont get me wrong, I hope Harmony and Peace were possible across the world, but I know human nature. We are not a species of peace, well not for a long time lol.

I know there is a picture with two books, one of war and the other peace. the War book is MUCH thicker than the Peace one.

• Brohoof 2

You must understand Humanity. We fight, we must fight. Peace is not 100% possible, but it can happen in small doses.

Dont get me wrong, I hope Harmony and Peace were possible across the world, but I know human nature. We are not a species of peace, well not for a long time lol.

I know there is a picture with two books, one of war and the other peace. the War book is MUCH thicker than the Peace one.

Wow, that's really well said. Yes, it is true, that's why I said it will never exist here. Sometimes you need to fight for what you believe in, or to protect yourself and others, even if what we're doing is technically wrong, or in the less noble cases, corrupt. Equestria never really has to do that. I'm not gonna get all in politics over this, but most of the crisis in the world means harmony can't happen here.

Life would be boring with complete harmony. We would also start taking things like peace and harmony for granted. I totally wish for world peace, but I think we need a little chaos in our life to both keep us humble and to spice things up.

• Brohoof 2

Life would be boring with complete harmony. We would also start taking things like peace and harmony for granted. I totally wish for world peace, but I think we need a little chaos in our life to both keep us humble and to spice things up.

Yeah, I get what you mean. What's life without a little excitement?

• Brohoof 1

I don't really believe that 100 percent peace and harmony is every completely possible, but that's why having a bit of chaos in our lives makes the moments of peace all the more enjoyable.

• Brohoof 2

Asking for harmony is the same thing as asking the yin to destroy the yang. Never mind about humans, it's fundementally impossible. Whenever there is peace there is also war.

• Brohoof 2

I don't really believe that 100 percent peace and harmony is every completely possible, but that's why having a bit of chaos in our lives makes the moments of peace all the more enjoyable.

I suppose... Like others have said, life would be pretty boring.

Asking for harmony is the same thing as asking the yin to destroy the yang. Never mind about humans, it's fundementally impossible. Whenever there is peace there is also war.

It's not like the yin and yang are fairly balanced though. There's always more yin then yang.

I for one would love to not worry about whenever World War 3 is going to happen. At this point it is a question of 'when' rather than 'if'. Harmony would be something that could even further the advancement of our species, as we would be focusing on betterment, rather than our own destruction.

• Brohoof 1

I for one would love to not worry about whenever World War 3 is going to happen. At this point it is a question of 'when' rather than 'if'. Harmony would be something that could even further the advancement of our species, as we would be focusing on betterment, rather than our own destruction.

Um... World War 3 Isn't confirmed, I was only joking XD. In all seriousness I don't see anything leading up to it either.

Canada? What?! XD XD XD XD XD

Come on over sometime; you can smear maple syrup on sticks you find in the woods and roll it around in the snow.

Canada is a lovely lovely place.

• Brohoof 1

I believe I mentioned this previously. Has anyone read Fahrenheit 451? That's a perfect example of why we cannot have harmony.

Someone got offended? Well, that creates disharmony. Ban whatever caused it. You get sad when a family member dies? That's okay, incinerate them and you can get a replacement.

I'm not saying that death and destruction is a good thing. But as it was pointed out in the book, how can we be happy if there is no sorrow to make us appreciate happiness?

Balance.

• Brohoof 3

I believe I mentioned this previously. Has anyone read Fahrenheit 451? That's a perfect example of why we cannot have harmony.

Someone got offended? Well, that creates disharmony. Ban whatever caused it. You get sad when a family member dies? That's okay, incinerate them and you can get a replacement.

I'm not saying that death and destruction is a good thing. But as it was pointed out in the book, how can we be happy if there is no sorrow to make us appreciate happiness?

Balance.

Well, that'd be fine... If there was actually balance.

Even Canada has its moments.

Oh... Oh... Oh... Well, that changes things...

• Brohoof 2

Kek, personally, I get really violent myself; it's practically IMPOSSIBLE not to get mad at least once in your lifetime, or at the very least, annoyed. Anger is the primary cause of all violent in my mind, and much like a fellow forum user who posted in this thread, there exists a balance. You cannot have a perfect world where everything is fine and dandy; take a look at G3, it's nothing but extremely creepy/fishy, and... well, what would be the point? Where's the challenge? The fight? (At least that's how I view it)

• Brohoof 2

Well, that'd be fine... If there was actually balance.

In a ideal world, yes. But living in a modernized first-world country is about as close as it gets. Many people still have the potential to live out their individual lives in relative balance. Not that we should shut our eyes to the troubles of the world.

Sorry, I lost track of where I was going with this. Carry on.

• Brohoof 1

Kek, personally, I get really violent myself; it's practically IMPOSSIBLE not to get mad at least once in your lifetime, or at the very least, annoyed. Anger is the primary cause of all violent in my mind, and much like a fellow forum user who posted in this thread, there exists a balance. You cannot have a perfect world where everything is fine and dandy; take a look at G3, it's nothing but extremely creepy/fishy, and... well, what would be the point? Where's the challenge? The fight? (At least that's how I view it)

Well, admittedly, I have my inner demons from time to time, I can't control them. But having such a balance would be a great idea, and as a wise man once said, there's no light without darkness. But then there's the problem of people who don't have a balance. For most people, their Discorded elements and personality are often shown more than their harmonic side. Therefore, they don't have balance, and it can also go the other way round.

In a ideal world, yes. But living in a modernized first-world country is about as close as it gets. Many people still have the potential to live out their individual lives in relative balance. Not that we should shut our eyes to the troubles of the world.

Sorry, I lost track of where I was going with this. Carry on.

I get what you mean. Obviously, we shouldn't ignore or shun away from the troubles of the world, I find that a little cowardly and maybe even unhealthy. But what I mean is that a lot of people in this world are basically showing their dark side most of the time, and their light side not enough. To put it in MLP terms, they're mostly Discorded. And it can also go the other way around.

Well, admittedly, I have my inner demons from time to time, I can't control them. But having such a balance would be a great idea, and as a wise man once said, there's no light without darkness. But then there's the problem of people who don't have a balance. For most people, their Discorded elements and personality are often shown more than their harmonic side. Therefore, they don't have balance, and it can also go the other way round.

Sometimes it's best to have those people who can't control themselves, so that other people will see exactly what they shouldn't be like. Say, when World War 2 was over, everyone really felt horrible deep inside because of their loved ones lost, let it be a soldier or simply a citizen from Europe. Personally, there's always room for improvement, but we'll never reach perfection.

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes it's best to have those people who can't control themselves, so that other people will see exactly what they shouldn't be like. Say, when World War 2 was over, everyone really felt horrible deep inside because of their loved ones lost, let it be a soldier or simply a citizen from Europe. Personally, there's always room for improvement, but we'll never reach perfection.

Still, is it right to let those people suffer for the sake of others?

Still, is it right to let those people suffer for the sake of others?

It's all based on perspective. You can't exactly force the fact that they're suffering onto their face, 99% of the time they do it willingly.

• Brohoof 1