Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What If The Other Equestria Girls Had Their Own Dark Side?

OmegaBeamOfficial

Remember in Friendship Games, when they had the new villain, Midnight Sparkle, who was literally only in it for 5 minutes? (Which is a real shame, she was the only interesting villain in the movie to me. I wish we could see her return for LOE, but I won't hold my breath.). What would happen if the other girls had some kind of dark form like that. I'm not sure if this is the case, but it seems that whenever one person tries to use all the elements, or in the first movie's case, the crown, they turn into monsters. (I'm not sure if that's a plausible explanation, but It's all I've got. You could say they become monsters because of their bad intentions, but that doesn't work for Sci-Twi's case.). It'll never happen in the movies of course, I'm just daydreaming. Here's some names I came up with. If anyone can think of one for Pinkie Pie, or if you have more names for the others, please comment below, I'd love to read them.

Pinkie Pie - ???

Applejack - Hasslesack

Rarity - Despairity

Fluttershy - Corrupterfly

Rainbow Dash - Infuego Bash

• Brohoof 1

Well, for Pinkie, there's always the fan created Pinkamina. But, I think every one of them would have a dark side. The current issues of the MLP comic are already exploring that, even. But, that's not the EG side. But, they could try to explore that in future EG movies or it's own official tv spin-off, if it ever gets one. Would be interesting to see, though.

Also, if I read the synopsis correctly for LOE, I think we will get to see a little more of Midnight Sparkle. 

• Brohoof 2

Well, for Pinkie, there's always the fan created Pinkamina. But, I think every one of them would have a dark side. The current issues of the MLP comic are already exploring that, even. But, that's not the EG side. But, they could try to explore that in future EG movies or it's own official tv spin-off, if it ever gets one. Would be interesting to see, though.

Also, if I read the synopsis correctly for LOE, I think we will get to see a little more of Midnight Sparkle. 

Man, that's cool. But I just don't see it happening, really. It's a shame I don't read the comics, sounds interesting.

• Brohoof 1

Man, that's cool. But I just don't see it happening, really. It's a shame I don't read the comics, sounds interesting.

Oh, the comics are real fun. I had a place to read them both (Friendship is Magic and the side comic Friends Forever) free, but I think I need to find a new source. Issue #44 of FiM was released almost two weeks ago now and #31 I think, of Friends Forever was shortly after that and the site I had been using, still hasn't uploaded them.

Lol, but they may do it sooner or later, either in EG or FiM (the tv). There's always the chance for it, anyway, for as long as the series runs.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, the comics are real fun. I had a place to read them both (Friendship is Magic and the side comic Friends Forever) free, but I think I need to find a new source. Issue #44 of FiM was released almost two weeks ago now and #31 I think, of Friends Forever was shortly after that and the site I had been using, still hasn't uploaded them.

Lol, but they may do it sooner or later, either in EG or FiM (the tv). There's always the chance for it, anyway, for as long as the series runs.

Well, I can dream. Anyway, I don't have access to the comics (I don't support illegal methods online).

• Brohoof 1

Well, I can dream. Anyway, I don't have access to the comics (I don't support illegal methods online).

Ah, I don't think the one I use is illegal. They're pretty big and on Disqus. If it were, they'd probably have been shut down by now. I'd happily go onto IDW directly to read the comics, but I don't have the money to do that, lol.

• Brohoof 1

This sounds a lot like Persona 4. They all have dark sides and must confront them. And then they get their own personas. And then they fight demons to catchy j-pop.

Now I want an EQG and Persona 4 mash up. I'd buy it

342672__safe_equestria+girls_crying_suns

And Flash Sentry can be Adachi

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 1

:Begins to chant, from far off in the distance:

Nightmare Rarity....Nightmare Rarity....

:Growing closer:

NIGHTMARE RARITY!! NIGHTMARE RARITY!

:And yet closer still, the chant turns to a scream:

NIGHTMARE RAAAAAAAAAAAAARITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would KILL to see Nightmare Rarity in human form

"Come out to play DaAAaaarling? BWWHAHAHAHA!"

• Brohoof 3

A big problem here, I'd like to say, is that all the previous evil forms have had wings and a Demon kind of motif going on; if you were to do that with, Say, Applejack, then you'd have issues with her being an evil alicorn for her nightmare form and triggering people over that.

and its harder to have a nightmare form taken quite as seriously if its not an alicorn nightmare form, like how sombra has often been snubbed as a villain due to being a unicorn.

• Brohoof 1

Octavia - Darth Note

sig-4629530.Cello-Star-Wars-Lightsaber-D

Minuette - Darth Plaque

sig-4629530.firefly-light-saber-star-war

This right here... Is genius

This sounds a lot like Persona 4. They all have dark sides and must confront them. And then they get their own personas. And then they fight demons to catchy j-pop.

Now I want an EQG and Persona 4 mash up. I'd buy it

sig-4629538.342672__safe_equestria%20gir

And Flash Sentry can be Adachi

I don't play Persona but that DOES sound like an interesting concept.

If you go with the "All the mane six have evil sides" thing, then you've basically gone full madoka here :P

sig-4629575.1059836__safe_twilight%20spa

It's just a theory... A pony theory! Thanks for reading.

:Begins to chant, from far off in the distance:

Nightmare Rarity....Nightmare Rarity....

:Growing closer:

NIGHTMARE RARITY!! NIGHTMARE RARITY!

:And yet closer still, the chant turns to a scream:

NIGHTMARE RAAAAAAAAAAAAARITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would KILL to see Nightmare Rarity in human form

"Come out to play DaAAaaarling? BWWHAHAHAHA!"

I remember reading the ask blog of some insane Rarity before. That just reminded me of her. Oh the shivers...

One could only imagine the destruction that an evil Rainbow Dash would cause.

"20% COOLER DEVIL RAINBOOM!"

A big problem here, I'd like to say, is that all the previous evil forms have had wings and a Demon kind of motif going on; if you were to do that with, Say, Applejack, then you'd have issues with her being an evil alicorn for her nightmare form and triggering people over that.

and its harder to have a nightmare form taken quite as seriously if its not an alicorn nightmare form, like how sombra has often been snubbed as a villain due to being a unicorn.

I don't really see how that would trigger people. I'd love to see an Applejack alicorn.

I don't really see how that would trigger people. I'd love to see an Applejack alicorn.

hah, I'd like that myself, but mentioning any of the mane six as alicorns tends to immediately cause a massive hatestorm on most brony sites XD

Try mentioning it on /mlp for example :P

• Brohoof 1

hah, I'd like that myself, but mentioning any of the mane six as alicorns tends to immediately cause a massive hatestorm on most brony sites XD

Try mentioning it on /mlp for example :P

I see... But there's a bit of a screwed logic there. All of the mane 6 had an element of harmony, all of the mane 6 have a Rainbow Power form, I don't see why they can't have some kind of alicorn form, though preferably a temporary one.

Don't forget, at least in the comics, they already had a nightmare form of Rarity, without her being an alicorn. So, there can easily be a nightmare form of the rest, without needing to use the bit of an alicorn as a plot device.

• Brohoof 1

Don't forget, at least in the comics, they already had a nightmare form of Rarity, without her being an alicorn. So, there can easily be a nightmare form of the rest, without needing to use the bit of an alicorn as a plot device.

Fair enough. If there are other nightmare characters other than Nightmare Moon, this could get interesting.

• Brohoof 1

Fair enough. If there are other nightmare characters other than Nightmare Moon, this could get interesting.

If they ever made Nightmare Rarity part of the show's canon, that'd just be awesome, lol.

• Brohoof 1

This reminds me of these great fan arts on Deviantart by MixiePie.

Sunset Shimmer had another one in an alternate universe were she was Celestia's student and princess of friendship and that version of her was in the role of Sci Twi.

Her name is Solar Shimmer.

Pinkie's is called Pinkie Dark.

Rainbow Dash's is called Black Rainbow.

Fluttershy's is called Fluttermad.

Rarity's is called Crazy gem.

And Applejack's is called Creepy Apple.

Yes, but nightmare rarity was only truly a threat in that world due to having an Army of other beings; She wasn't really "Rarity's evil side" so much as being used as a puppet by the army of Nightmare forces with one inhabiting her.

She still lacked the "punch" of other nightmare alicorns we've seen.

• Brohoof 1