Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler What might happen in Equestria Girls Legend of Everfree

HighLunarStudios

So with the clips i seen and the trailer im guessing that we're going to have a Mother figure type character as a villain and we see more powers from our beloved Ponies to our Beloved Equestria Girls Rainbow's speed, Rarity's hardlight constructs and so forth

but i hope we get to see a EQG Gilda and Zecora that would be cool

Zecora in another school camp and Zecora as a teacher or guide

From what I've seen so far, I've got two theories:

1. Filthy Rich intends to buy Camp Everfree and either become the new manager of it, or have it razed in preparation for construction of another of his various businesses. Reasons currently unknown, but possibly due to a past event that happened at the camp when he was younger.
  2. As the Rainbooms discover their new powers and abilities while at Camp Everfree, they use them to help save the camp, help human Twilight overcome her dark side of Midnight Sparkle, and deal with Gaia Everfree when she comes to deal with whatever is threatening the camp, possibly Filthy Rich.

Either way, this is an interesting fourth movie to the Equestria Girls series, and I can't wait to see it when it debuts!!!

From what I've seen so far, I've got two theories:

1. Filthy Rich intends to buy Camp Everfree and either become the new manager of it, or have it razed in preparation for construction of another of his various businesses. Reasons currently unknown, but possibly due to a past event that happened at the camp when he was younger.
  2. As the Rainbooms discover their new powers and abilities while at Camp Everfree, they use them to help save the camp, help human Twilight overcome her dark side of Midnight Sparkle, and deal with Gaia Everfree when she comes to deal with whatever is threatening the camp, possibly Filthy Rich.

Either way, this is an interesting fourth movie to the Equestria Girls series, and I can't wait to see it when it debuts!!!

here's my theory:

Gaia everfree is a being that inhabits those crystals we saw at the cave: She was an equestrian being that was cast out of Equestria and might even be the initial source of the everfree forest's corruption: Like perhaps she was an "Anti" tree of harmony that was shattered into pieces by it (or whoever planted the tree of harmony), but could not be fully destroyed and her remains (the crystals) were banished into the human world as a way to remove their corruption from equestria.

The Camp is undergoing financial difficulties and filthy rich is trying to buy it out to make way for a mall or other such location. The camp has been in the family of gloriosa and Timber for years, and they have alot of conflict over it. Gloriosa is very much a traditionalist who clings to the camp, while her brother, timber, does not see the sense in clinging to the past and is in favor of selling it if things go south.

The mane six will find out about the financial issues and will try and host a fashion show to help out and raise money, while Timber will go behind Gloriosa's back and sell the camp.

While this is going on, it will be shown that gloriosa will have stumbled upon the crystals and put a couple on her necklace out of curiosity and will being transforming into a dryad form; The thrill of equestrian magic will be intoxicating to her and she'll begin dissapearing for periods of time in her gloriosa form: This will be how Gaia everfree has surfaced over the past hundreds of years, as it will have ensnared mortal hosts every few centuries to possess and use as avatars, until the host dies of old age and she's forced to get a new one.

Meanwhile as well, the mane six will begin to exhibit wild magical traits: Sunset and twilight will investigate the crystals and find the cave, as well as discovering that Gloriosa is Gaia, and will both leap to the conclusion that the magic they're showing is from the crystals energy affecting the mane six. (this will be shown to be false at the end when Sunset realizes that the magic is from their friendship, not outside sources, and its merely developing over time as their friendship grows)

This will all come to a head when gloriosa finds out that Timber sold the camp to Filthy rich; Gloriosa will run off and, in her angered mental state, will be Urged by the crystals to use more of them to "protect" "Their" forest/camp, and will end up using a massive amount of crystals, turning into Gaia's new Puppet.

Gloriosa will then go back to camp and imprison it in a giant Barrier of plants; Twilight and Sunset will avoid capture due to having stayed behind at the cave to investigate things. The other 5 will be left at the camp in a morose state due to being used to just taking orders from twilight and Sunset as leaders; Eventually dash will give them a pep talk about how stupid it is to just sit around waiting for those two when they can still try and fix things themselves (Leading to that scene in the trailer where the five of them put their hands together and do that "save the day" Scene) and will go on to break the barrier around the camp to let everyone else flee.

Now, here's where I have problems figuring out where it will go from here.

I know that the final 2 songs are "Friendship ignite" one by Gloriosa and one by the mane six as a whole. So I figure at some point gloriosa will be freed and Gaia everfree in a "True" form will act as the villain.

I'm thinking that the gems will capture twilight and Sunset and try and take them as its "new" host due to their equestrian magic. Meanwhile, the other five will fight and defeat gloriosa and send her running back to the cave where they follow her. They'll manage to talk her down and make her realize that they STILL think of her as a friend and don't hate her. She'll agree to lead them in to where the crystals are which they'll realize are dangerous.

They see Gaia stealing twilight and sunset's magic to reconsittute itself into its "True" form, with them imprisoned within it. The mane six will call out to the two of them, their friendship awakening them, and the power of the mane six's friendship will cause twilight and Sunset to break free of its hold, Incinerating gaia from the inside out and destroying her.

Cue Ending, with them somehow having saved the camp financially and everything ending alright.

Edited by Unlikeable Pony

here's my theory:

Gaia everfree is a being that inhabits those crystals we saw at the cave: She was an equestrian being that was cast out of Equestria and might even be the initial source of the everfree forest's corruption: Like perhaps she was an "Anti" tree of harmony that was shattered into pieces by it (or whoever planted the tree of harmony), but could not be fully destroyed and her remains (the crystals) were banished into the human world as a way to remove their corruption from equestria.

The Camp is undergoing financial difficulties and filthy rich is trying to buy it out to make way for a mall or other such location. The camp has been in the family of gloriosa and Timber for years, and they have alot of conflict over it. Gloriosa is very much a traditionalist who clings to the camp, while her brother, timber, does not see the sense in clinging to the past and is in favor of selling it if things go south.

The mane six will find out about the financial issues and will try and host a fashion show to help out and raise money, while Timber will go behind Gloriosa's back and sell the camp.

While this is going on, it will be shown that gloriosa will have stumbled upon the crystals and put a couple on her necklace out of curiosity and will being transforming into a dryad form; The thrill of equestrian magic will be intoxicating to her and she'll begin dissapearing for periods of time in her gloriosa form: This will be how Gaia everfree has surfaced over the past hundreds of years, as it will have ensnared mortal hosts every few centuries to possess and use as avatars, until the host dies of old age and she's forced to get a new one.

Meanwhile as well, the mane six will begin to exhibit wild magical traits: Sunset and twilight will investigate the crystals and find the cave, as well as discovering that Gloriosa is Gaia, and will both leap to the conclusion that the magic they're showing is from the crystals energy affecting the mane six. (this will be shown to be false at the end when Sunset realizes that the magic is from their friendship, not outside sources, and its merely developing over time as their friendship grows)

This will all come to a head when gloriosa finds out that Timber sold the camp to Filthy rich; Gloriosa will run off and, in her angered mental state, will be Urged by the crystals to use more of them to "protect" "Their" forest/camp, and will end up using a massive amount of crystals, turning into Gaia's new Puppet.

Gloriosa will then go back to camp and imprison it in a giant Barrier of plants; Twilight and Sunset will avoid capture due to having stayed behind at the cave to investigate things. The other 5 will be left at the camp in a morose state due to being used to just taking orders from twilight and Sunset as leaders; Eventually dash will give them a pep talk about how stupid it is to just sit around waiting for those two when they can still try and fix things themselves (Leading to that scene in the trailer where the five of them put their hands together and do that "save the day" Scene) and will go on to break the barrier around the camp to let everyone else flee.

I know that the final 2 songs are "Friendship ignite" one by Gloriosa and one by the mane six as a whole. So I figure at some point gloriosa will be freed and Gaia everfree in a "True" form will act as the villain.

I'm thinking that the gems will capture twilight and Sunset and try and take them as its "new" host due to their equestrian magic. Meanwhile, the other five will fight and defeat gloriosa and send her running back to the cave where they follow her. They'll manage to talk her down and make her realize that they STILL think of her as a friend and don't hate her. She'll agree to lead them in to where the crystals are which they'll realize are dangerous.

They see Gaia stealing twilight and sunset's magic to reconsittute itself into its "True" form, with them imprisoned within it. The mane six will call out to the two of them, their friendship awakening them, and the power of the mane six's friendship will cause twilight and Sunset to break free of its hold, Incinerating gaia from the inside out and destroying her.

Cue Ending, with them somehow having saved the camp financially and everything ending alright.

That's quite a mouthful in terms of what you think will happen.

here's my theory:

That's quite a mouthful in terms of what you think will happen.

I think Gaia Everfree is King Sombra's mother

I think Gaia Everfree is King Sombra's mother

Why do you consider that? The comics showed Sombra was created from the creatures known as the Umbrum to help conquer the Crystal Empire.

• 3 weeks later...

My theory is that Timber Spruce and his sister are the secret villains in the story, they will at first appear to be the good guys but they are in fact hiding something, relating to magic, (some type of magical source that gives the main 6 powers.). This magical source I believe is the area they mention to the campers as being 'off limits' - I think the legend of Gaia Everfree is completely made up by them, though they might still be real, I doubt the legend Timber tells the campers is real. I believe her story was created to scare people away from finding the magical source (Scooby Doo style) - and those two are connected in some way to Gaia. 

As for what I'd like to see in the film but probably won't happen: I'd like to see the magical source being from this world and being spiritually connected to Sci-Twi in some way or another. I'd like the magic to not be from Equestria, and I'd equally like a Zecora cameo.

Zecora to Twilight: "You are human, this is true, but magic exists in our world too." 

I see people mentioning Zecora. I personally hope she retains her Mystic/Alchemist characteristics, as I am very interested in "Human world magic" being a thing. Zecora could be a mystic who either lives in the the Everfree Forest or has an occult/herbal medecine shop somewhere in town, or possibly both, but she is still a magical being. Likewise, I'd like Discord to remain an actual Chaos Spirit(possibly one that looks like Q from Star Trek) rather than just becoming a normal Human.

A major plot point for Equestria Girls could be researching, discovering and either harnessing or neutralizing Human world magic, as well as uncovering the mysteries of why it isn't as prominent in the Human world as Equestrian magic is in Equestria.

I have lots of ideas for what I'd do with Equestria Girls if I was writing for it, but I'm getting kinda tired of writing them down in multiple threads. I might make a copy/pasta for them... but I've posted them in other threads about what people want in Equestria Girls.

• Brohoof 2

I think we want to see the same thing, Evil Emperor. I want to see the whole concept of magic fleshed out in the human world, I don't want it to purely be sourced from Equestria, I imagine it kind of acting like the force in Star Wars where it's more spiritual then it is in the pony world, it's something you have to dip down to unlock rather then using it to carry your shopping and such. It'd be great if there were a Zecora scene similar to Magic Duel where she's trying to help Sci-Twi unlock her hidden potential. I do think Sci-Twi as the human equivalent of the element of magic will have some type of connection to magic in some way or another.

Sunset in the 5# teaser for the film said something along the lines of "you weren't ready for that kind of power." when referencing Midnight Sparkle, which to me sounded very foreshadow-y, like 'you weren't ready to have it then but in the future you will be.' Though maybe I'm reading too much into it. I just don't see why she wouldn't say 'It wasn't your fault, it was Equestrian magic, you shouldn't of had that kind of power.' instead of "weren't ready." It just sounds too intentional to me.

I was going to suggest that Twilight could start to research and study magic with Zecora and then maybe Trixie could gain an interest for a dark source of magic.. but then I realised that's Harry Potter.  ^_^

I think we want to see the same thing, Evil Emperor. I want to see the whole concept of magic fleshed out in the human world, I don't want it to purely be sourced from Equestria, I imagine it kind of acting like the force in Star Wars where it's more spiritual then it is in the pony world, it's something you have to dip down to unlock rather then using it to carry your shopping and such. It'd be great if there were a Zecora scene similar to Magic Duel where she's trying to help Sci-Twi unlock her hidden potential. I do think Sci-Twi as the human equivalent of the element of magic will have some type of connection to magic in some way or another.

Sunset in the 5# teaser for the film said something along the lines of "you weren't ready for that kind of power." when referencing Midnight Sparkle, which to me sounded very foreshadow-y, like 'you weren't ready to have it then but in the future you will be.' Though maybe I'm reading too much into it. I just don't see why she wouldn't say 'It wasn't your fault, it was Equestrian magic, you shouldn't of had that kind of power.' instead of "weren't ready." It just sounds too intentional to me.

I was going to suggest that Twilight could start to research and study magic with Zecora and then maybe Trixie could gain an interest for a dark source of magic.. but then I realised that's Harry Potter.  ^_^

What you said about Trixie is very much alike what I had planned for her as well, and the Dazzlings. What I had in mind was that "Professor Sombra" was an infamous occultist and, amongst those who are magically inclined(like Zecora) know the truth that he was actually a Necromancer abusing magic to prolong his life, with an origin tracing back to Medieval times. The abandoned Mansion of his last persona(as he updates his name and appearance to the era) lies empty in the Everfree, and characters like Trixie and/or The Dazzlings could try to scavenge whatever pieces of mystical lore or artefacts remain in it. It would be implied by Zecora that she's sure he's still around somewhere, possibly in a new identity.

Yeah, that would be a nice change of pace. 

well, we had the dazzlings remain evil, which was nice.

Hopefully they do the same thing here.

that being said, for that to remain true, Gaia would probably have to be a seperate character from Gloriosa (with gaia just possessing or influencing Gloriosa), since the leaked song list has the second to last song be sung by Gloriosa (friendship ignite). That being said, I kind of expect Gaia is going to be just possessing/using gloriosa.

• Brohoof 1