Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

what is your favorite episode starring your favorite character?

Sparklefan1234

Hi! 

I asked this question to the folks over at the Twilight Sparkle Fan Club and I thought I'd take the opportunity to ask the other members here the same question.

"What is your favorite episode starring your favorite character?"

For an example, My answer was:

"My favorite Twilight centric episode is "Amending Fences" because it took a simple few second scene from the pilot episode and added a new layer to Twilight's story."

I'd love to read your answers. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 3

Wonderbolts Academy, it's a good accumulation of Dash's growth up to that point. Had the show ended in S3 like it was originally intended to, this would've been a great episode to cap off her WB journey. It's pretty much everything I want in a Dash episode

Plus it was a great follow up to Sleepless In Ponyville in a sense

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 5

Hurricane Fluttershy, for excellent characterization of FS and RD, an excellent internal conflict that many of us struggle with everyday, revolutionizing Fluttershy's "shyness" into a psychologically crippling phobia, and the feeling of triumph when she faced her fear and flew through it.

• Brohoof 5

Twilight's Kingdom. We see just how much Twilight has grown and how fit she really is for her new role as royalty. Twilight makes the ultimate sacrifice for the sake of friendship, second only to laying down her own life. That's one of my favorite moments in the entire series, echoing her words in the Season 2 premiere: "Friendship isn't always easy, but there's no doubt it's worth fighting for!"

Edited by Prospekt
  • Brohoof 2

"Lesson Zero."

Twilight is great in this for a wide variety of reasons. She's cute and funny as always, but her actions become sorta unsettling as the episode goes on. And yet, she's sympathetic because we know how her increasingly questionable actions are caused by insecurity and anxiety, and many of her worries and challenges are at the very least highly relatable to me, if not universal. This is where I really came to identify with her, and it solidified her character trait of placing overly high expectations on herself.

it's also significant for the show's most significant change: the move away from Twilight as the primary main character towards a more diverse ensemble focus. Kind of a big deal.

• Brohoof 6

I'm agreeing with Megas here, Wonderbolts Academy was an awesome episode. Probably to do with why it's one of two episodes I've ever watched live, and the one that I've of course liked Lightning Dust from ever since.

• Brohoof 3

"Equestria Games" for Spike fighting his insecurities and lack of self-worth among his famous friends.

It might get replaced in a week and a half, though... o_o

Edited by Truffles
  • Brohoof 2

Lesson Zero for Twilight Sparkle. Twilight was really funny and enjoyable in this episode. This episode also made me like her as a character and I could relate to her in some ways.

• Brohoof 4

S2:E19 "Putting Your Hoof Down" When Fluttershy gets a back bone, but has to realize the difference between standing up for yourself/asserting yourself and just being plain mean to ponies.

Also, fluttershy realizes that she doesn't have to be a push over, she can stand up for herself and still be kind and sweet. She realizes confidence doesn't equal bad pony.

Edited by Honeysuckle
  • Brohoof 2

Having Applejack as my favourite character, I think among my favourite episodes featuring her would probably be:

- Applejack's Day Off (that was the title, wasn't it?) I like the way they show Applejack's habits (the opening and closing the gate then walking away was one of the best) I also like the Rainbow Dash addition.

-Apple Family Reunion was also pretty great. It shows the whoooooooole Apple family and the Raise This Barn song is one of my favourite MLP songs

But I like most AJ featured episodes.

Edited by Lulaypp Halilintar
  • Brohoof 2

Flutter Brutter for Fluttershy.

I really enjoyed this episode for having my favorite characterization of Fluttershy in the series to date and showcasing just how much more confident and assertive she has became sense the series started.

• Brohoof 2

This is such a difficult question to answer. Rainbow Dash has so many fantastic episodes! It's going to be difficult to narrow it down to just 1.

For me, it's a toss-up between Testing Testing 1,2,3 & Stranger than Fan-Fiction. TT123 for its great humor, pacing, and lesson that is relatable to both kids and adults alike. Plus, it also stars my favorite mane 6 pairing so that is an added bonus  :P  B)

STFF really caught me off with how RD was portrayed. She literally had no chill when talking with Quibble and I absolutely loved every second of it  :wub:. I want to see this side of Dashie in more episodes in the future. 

• Brohoof 2

Pinkie Pride. We get to see how much the town appreciates her (normally) at the beginning, and we get to see her personality when someone takes her spotlight and how important she really is to Equestria in general. Also, there's "Pinkie's Lament", the best MLP song so far IMO, and the goof-off (yay laughing Rainbow Dash).

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@@M'gann M'orzz,

Ok, my favorite Rarity episode is "A Dog and Pony Show" because it showed that even though she may appear to not be able to handle dangerous situations, she used her wits to outwit The Diamond Dogs. Does that make sense?  :confused:

Plus, the "whining" scene is hilarious.mlp-rcry.png

As for my favorite Pinkie Pie episode, that would have to be "Pinkie Pride" because I really enjoy the musical episodes. mlp-phi.png

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

I must say that Rarity takes manehatten is my favourite Rarity episode.

On behalf of cadance, A canterlot wedding is my favourite episode

On behalf of Sweetie belle, Sisterhooves social

On behalf of aria blaze, RAINBOW ROCKS

• Brohoof 3

I really the majority of Rarity's episodes but my absolute favorite that I could watch over and over and over again would have to be "A Dog and Pony Show". She's absolutely perfect in that episode. 

• Brohoof 2

Definitely s2e03: Lesson Zero, its the first twilight episode I ever watched, plus I really connected with her following It. Initially, I found it funny, but as it went on, I started seeing myself there, considering I have had stress related breakdowns myself before. Plus, the chari characterization is excellent!

Next would be "feeling pinkie Keen" and Twilight's kingdom.

• Brohoof 2