Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What excites you about EQG:LoE?

RealityPublishing

Normally I'm not too excited about Equestria Girls, but when I saw all the "teasers", I gotta say: Twilight's PTSD factor is a pretty gutsy move on Hasbro's part. Having a possible return of Midnight Sparkle would be a pretty exciting event to happen. I know they've probably planned the 5th movie, but I'm quite impressed about the storytelling and would actually want them to finish the timeline.

What are you hoping for during next EQG movie? Have you seen all the Teasers? 

• Brohoof 4

What I'm Hoping For Is Another Awesome Addition To The Series.

I've Also Seen All Of The Teasers & I'm Intrested In Not Just The Mystery But, Also What They'll Do In A New Environment. :)

• Brohoof 1

What I'm Hoping For Is Another Awesome Addition To The Series.

I've Also Seen All Of The Teasers & I'm Intrested In Not Just The Mystery But, Also What They'll Do In A New Environment. :)

I loved Applejack response to what she wanted to do (foraging). I just wish she had the chance to tell the camp adviser. Would've loved her response!

• Brohoof 1

@@RealityPublishing

Just letting you know the title of this topic was altered to better reflect the need for more opinions.

Thanks. :)

• Brohoof 3

The absolutely gorgeous backgrounds that we have seen so far, and how the animation looks like it is really shaping up to be some of the best the franchise has so far.

Besides that I am looking forward to seeing how the main cast deal with their new magical abilities, and seeing how Gaia Everfree plays into all of this.

The same goes for seeing how Sci Twi deals with the aftereffects of Midnight Sparkle.

• Brohoof 4

Here's the thing:

Sunset Shimmer became good, they abandoned the Dazzlings (they just kinda walked off screen and that was that!)

So, I must say, a return of Midnight Sparkle totally makes sense.

Of course, it wasn't even canon that that is her name until what I think you're talking about showed up.

Ironically, I will say I'm anticipating this movie more and more despite Friendship games (in my view) being one of the worst things ever in G4 history. Bleh, you could not pay me to watch FG again, I find it that bad (even worse than EQG 1).

But this movie really looks to have turned things around:
First off, they're using an equestrian Adversary again. THIS IS HUGE in my book, as I honestly feel their attempts to use human antagonists just does NOT work: look at FG and principal cinch, compared to how RR had the dazzlings. Cinch is just a random bitch, and Twilight making a Random "Control the most powerful magic IMAGINEABLE" plot trinket with zero knowledge of how it works is just wall banger territory.
By contrast, the dazzlings make sense as villains since they are explicitly banished individuals, so their use of magic is easily explained, and it gives the mane six having magic a PURPOSE. Specifically, defending the human world against evil equestrian magic that has encroached into the human world. In friendship games, what is the POINT of the mane six having magic? NOTHING, it only makes things WORSE. Them not having magic would have made the friendship games go off without a hitch, its them having it that's the problem.

So them having an equestrian villain in this movie gives their magic a Purpose and makes the movie's plot, out of the box, work much better: The mane six having magic is important to defend the world against hostile equestrian magic that has been unleashed into their universe (Magic A to defeat Magic B basically, like megaman being used to defeat doctor wily's robots)

Next up, the animation: I can fault alot of other things, but NOT the animation so far. Its really, REALLY nice looking so far, with good art styles and good animation. The Dream sequence is really well done, and small touches like rarity's hip sway is great.
FG... I just hated the art style and design. The sports outfits looked like crap, and visually it just looked like a mess. Here, all the promo dresses and other getups we have look really nice and visually appealing, so I'm sure there's alot to look forward to.

Third, the other 5 getting magic. One big thing problem that I've had with the EQG series so far (And this is a common complaint that I see from others) is that the others are just "There" and its all about Twilight and, as of late, sunset, with FG's climax infamously having the other 5 as power batteries.

Its nice seeing the others have magic in order to try and make them on par with sunset and twilight, though I still fear it won't come to anything but flash and noise with the climax being them as power batteries again.

But either way, I'm a huge sucker for stuff like this, as I really liked power ponies giving each of the six special super powers, and I also like do princesses dream of magical sheep for that; when doing action stuff they really need the five to have some unique ways to contribute in fights besides just "punch alot", as otherwise the fights or action scenes might end up boring. You don't have 5 captain americas on the avengers for example, you want multiple unique powers.

now, finally: Haber is NOT writing this. This will sound mean spirited, but I don't care because its SUPPOSED to be negative towards him: I do not think he is a good writer, and in no way shape or form is he up to the task of being HEAD writer. His episodes have been mediocre, and he is a shadow of his predecessors, like when larson was a temporary head writer for the first half of S5 and gave us The cutie mark map, which haber followed up with the finale which was a massive step down in characterization for starlight.

The fact that we have some of the best writers on the show doing LOE (Gauntlet of fire was great) really gives me hope here.

I have to admit, after watching all the teasers regarding the movie, I am getting very excited to see what happens in Legends of Everfree. We get new powers and abilities for the Rainbooms, new characters, human versions of ones from Equestria, like Filthy Rich, and human Twilight trying to deal with her dark side of Midnight Sparkle and trying to overcome it as she helps the Rainbooms and the rest of the Wondercolts save Camp Everfree.

This is already looking up to be an interesting and exciting movie to continue the Equestria Girls series, and I can't wait to see it when it debuts!!!

I've not seen the previews, but I'll agree that I'm just excited for more Sunset Shimmer. All the information I'm getting is second-hand, but I'm really worried about the Midnight Sparkle thing being a rehash of Ranbow Rocks, or worse, taking the spotlight away from Sunset. I'd like to see elements of the canned Friendship Games storyline appear at some point, though I'm content to wait a bit longer if this series continues. I am really excited about the lack of skirts in what I've seen, though. Always found the fact that everyone in EqG wears skirts to be completely absurd, especially when worn by Rainbow Dash and Applejack of all ponies. 

• 2 weeks later...

Why am I hyped?

I have mentioned this in other threads, but it deserves another here.

The reason I think this "future" of the MLP EQgirls series, is so wonderful to see in LOE, is as follows.

THE SUNSET ARC IS OVER!!!!!

Now put down your pitch forks and torchs! I am NOT hating on Sunny, like the rest of you I love her!

But she was over shadowing the cast, the world, heck ALL of the human world really! She was such the single point focus of EVERYTHING post RR that we forgot to just realize that "Hey this is high school, lets well...do HS stuff!".

With LOE, we get back to just that!

I want MORE "normal stuff" mixed with Magic!

I can picture a senior trip style movie with the class all going to an amusment park for a day and encountering something crazy (magical, from equestria) or just Trixie being a bitch! 

I will keep buying these films in limited editions and blu-rays untill they cease. Anything for more Human pony versions! (No I am not forgetting our fav mares, just I really am falling in love with how similar...but different our human versions are...DAT RARITY THOUGH!! :Fist to cheeks face and squee:)

I've watched some of these clips now, and the tone is really drawing me in. Not much I've seen of the plot is dispelling my fear that the actual story here will be overly familiar, but there's a laid-back slice-of-life feel which I'm happy to see in these films, especially given that this franchise so rarely lets its characters just relax and partake in friendly banter and activities. Much of the humour, as well as many of the smaller elements, have a lot of promise, and the tone also suggests that it will be a better-paced and more controlled film than the overstuffed and unkempt Friendship Games. Which is great, because it shows yet another way for these films to be a lot of fun, but at the same time I think I'll miss Sunset's character arc, especially given that I still felt it had some loose ends. I suppose we'll have to see if any of that crops up in the new film and if there's any SunLight shipping material. In any case, my previous comment about Friendship Games perfecting the visual style no longer stands - the previews for Legends of the Everfree  are absolutely gorgeous. So many subtle touches to the animation, and so many solid touch ups to the proportions, and finally, fewer fucking skirts. Shame it took the great outdoors to make that last one happen. 

It's just... I hope the main plot is more compelling than what we've seen of it. Can't help but feel there's not much more territory to go with the whole "magical creatures in mundane world" concept, and developing random powers isn't even new to this subseries. The slice-of-life feel is really damn promising, though. 

• Brohoof 1

No more schools, yayyyyyy  :love: I tired of school settings in a ton of f@%$king anime, and they decide to move outside, that is really nice. Nothing to say about the plot, it isnt written by Goddess Megahn, so...  :orly: it could be better than FG at least, nothing can beat RR. The villain looks... harmless  :orly: , come on, Hasbro, you out of ideas? Or, she is not the true villain, the villain maybe not in the trailer or that new chick is the villain... way too complex for kids show, huh?

I'm always up for seeing more Sunset, but the fact that they're actually acknowledging Midnight Sparkle and the things Twilight did while corrupted takes some serious guts. Fans love to imagine that Sunset was put through hell, suffering nightmares from what she did at the Fall Formal (I'm writing a fic with this idea at this moment), but we never saw any of that, and everyone brings up the fact that Sunset turned into a monster (please stop...) that she's seemed to accepted it by this point. 

No more schools, yayyyyyy  :love: I tired of school settings in a ton of f@%$king anime, and they decide to move outside, that is really nice. Nothing to say about the plot, it isnt written by Goddess Megahn, so...  :orly: it could be better than FG at least, nothing can beat RR. The villain looks... harmless  :orly: , come on, Hasbro, you out of ideas? Or, she is not the true villain, the villain maybe not in the trailer or that new chick is the villain... way too complex for kids show, huh?

She looks "harmless" as gloriosa, but looks pretty decently threatening as gaia.

Also, I'm not thinking that Gloriosa is "really" gaia, but that she's being controlled or possessed by Gaia who's a seperate entity.

• Brohoof 1

For now, I'm done with the Equestria Girls series, but I may change my mind if this reminds me more of Marvel Comics movies. Humor, quality storytelling, and great action (especially the typical big effects-filled climax). Beautiful Flash effects that look better than the crappy CGI of the X-Men movies. And a purpose for these powers, rather than just shoehorning them into something that could have easily been done without them. Plus. Elsa showed more powers in Frozen (counted) than the entire EG series has in its first three movies. This one may show as many powers as she did, if not more.

let_it_go_5__mlp__by_namygaga-d78ugzr.jp

I would have watched My Little Pony: The Frozen Supremacy.

Edited by The MegaBrony

I haven't been a fan of the past three Equestria Girl's movies, but I actually am a bit excited for this, mainly because it's different from the past movies as it's not set in a high school. It also seems to be dealing with more 'adult' themes for example Twilight's PTSD. 

• 2 weeks later...