Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Foxy Socks

I actually caught a very quick glimpse of one earlier this week - was walking back to my car after a night out and saw one scurry across the road into a hedge :)

But I'll have to check those FB groups out!

I also have a cute and funny story about a fox from my dad :3

It was bucketing down with rain one day, and his work place was in a more country-ish area, he just happened to look out his office window and saw a poor little fox that was soaked scurrying away from it's den. I wish I could have been there to see the cuteness!

• Brohoof 3

I also have a cute and funny story about a fox from my dad :3

It was bucketing down with rain one day, and his work place was in a more country-ish area, he just happened to look out his office window and saw a poor little fox that was soaked scurrying away from it's den. I wish I could have been there to see the cuteness!

So, after reading your story, I wondered if foxes didn't like the rain (as they share some characteristics with cats) and inadvertently discovered what is to be my new favourite umbrella company (cause we all need one of those lol)

fox-umbrellas.jpg

• Brohoof 3

So, after reading your story, I wondered if foxes didn't like the rain (as they share some characteristics with cats) and inadvertently discovered what is to be my new favourite umbrella company (cause we all need one of those lol)

fox-umbrellas.jpg

Aaaaw! Too adorably cute! I think that is my favorite umbrella company too now

• Brohoof 2

I was on top of a mountain in Whales and I saw a Fox sprinting across the field on top of the mountain.  It was so fast that it looked like it was hovering over the ground.  Back in Northern Ontario, I was told that there were a family of foxes that would hand around the MacDonald's waiting for people to give them eggs.  Foxes are pretty cute but Raccoons take the cake for being the cutest wild animal.  I once saw a tree were there were 4 baby Raccoons and a mother hanging around looking back at me, it was the cutest thing I have had ever seen.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I absolutely adore and love foxes! I've had the fortune to quickly see a wild fox, not once but twice in the past. As much as I wanted to snuggle it, it ran away before I could even take a photo of it. I suggest adding these two pages to your facebook (if you have one) "Photos of Foxes and Maybe More" "I love foxes" and "the beauty of the fox"

I already liked "I love foxes" and "The beauty of the fox" with others! :D I also watch Loki the Red Fox on youtube. He is so cute! He is a troublesome guy, but is a very sweet and cute fox.

Edited by Namae
  • Brohoof 1

For some reason I developed a strange fascination with foxes a couple of years back. They're just really cute yet still deadly, and I always like that in animals. So I bought a fox plushie to add to my ever growing collection of plushies. His name is Captain Fluffy von Foxenheim, though he hates it and prefers his code name Wildfire. Oh, and in Skyrim I horribly murder everyone who dares to hurt a fox, and then I resurrect the fox.

• Brohoof 2

They're my favorite animal too! I love their bushy tails and cleverness! Plus Nick in Zootopia was awesome

So do I! (For everything you have said). Foxes seem to be very sweet animals to me. I am not saying take in one as a pet, unless you really know what you are doing.

As much as I think foxes are cute, having one as a pet is usually a bad idea, espcially if wild. There are foxes bred for fur farms unfortunately, so there are kind people who take them in and save them. However these people have to be able to take care of them properly, because they cause a lot of trouble.

Loki thr Red Fox is an example. If you don't know him, look him up. The guy who takes care of him is very good at it and knows what he is doing. Even so he still has trouble. Though he is adorable in doing so.

It's not their fault, they are meant to be wild animals. I love Loki and his videos but owning a fox is a huge responsibility. They are no less awesome though I just wanted to say that foxes do not make good pets, and the ones that do take them in have to be very responsible. (Also it is illegal to own one in many areas).

• Brohoof 1

I love foxes! They're adorable and extremely cool animals. I love spotting them roaming around (which happens rarely), and my favourite kind of fox I'd say has to be the fennec. I mean... they're so cute!  :love: And you can keep them as pets, it would seem... I'd love to, but I'd certainly ensure I had an awful lot of space (and plenty of money). I imagine that a lot of pet fennec foxes might get unhappy.

fennec-fox-1.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I love foxes! They're adorable and extremely cool animals. I love spotting them roaming around (which happens rarely), and my favourite kind of fox I'd say has to be the fennec. I mean... they're so cute!  :love: And you can keep them as pets, it would seem... I'd love to, but I'd certainly ensure I had an awful lot of space (and plenty of money). I imagine that a lot of pet fennec foxes might get unhappy.

sig-4656837.fennec-fox-1.jpg

I love Fennecs too! Did you see my previous post on pet foxes though? I wouldn't advise keeping foxes for pets usually.

Edited by Namae
  • Brohoof 1

I'm... no longer sure where I stand on foxes. They are lovely creature sure... but it's hard to stay fond of them when you've seen the results of one attacking a cat that you witnessed the birth of, and had to prevent them digging up the corpse of another.

Though there was that time when we were clearing out the garage and I was about a foot away from a young male, who promptly proceeded to panic. Managed to get him out safely, he nearly hurt himself badly trying to get out the way he came in.... *shrugs*

• Brohoof 1

I love Fennecs too! Did you see my previous post on pet foxes though? I wouldn't advise keeping foxes for pets usually.

Yeah, it very likely wouldn't the best of ideas. Adorable, but problematic, especially if one wouldn't be willing to dedicate a massive deal of their time to ensuring the fox was still happy and cared for well away from the wild.  :adorkable: Best just let them live where they belong under most circumstances!  :squee:

Edited by Wolves
  • Brohoof 1

I'm... no longer sure where I stand on foxes. They are lovely creature sure... but it's hard to stay fond of them when you've seen the results of one attacking a cat that you witnessed the birth of, and had to prevent them digging up the corpse of another.

Though there was that time when we were clearing out the garage and I was about a foot away from a young male, who promptly proceeded to panic. Managed to get him out safely, he nearly hurt himself badly trying to get out the way he came in.... *shrugs*

Ah ok. I understand, Foxes can attack small animals, so you do have to be careful. Foxes are wild animals, so they do what is natural for them. I hope things like these don't happen again.

Be careful with small animals around them. It isn't their fault, but I can see how unfortunate your encounters were.

I hope I didn't sound insensitive to you.

Edited by Namae

I think foxes are pretty cool and adorable. Next to cats, they are one of my favorite animals. I've always wanted to have a fox as a pet, but New Jersey doesn't allow anyone to own a pet fox. 

• Brohoof 2

I think foxes are pretty cool and adorable. Next to cats, they are one of my favorite animals. I've always wanted to have a fox as a pet, but New Jersey doesn't allow anyone to own a pet fox. 

Many places don't allow them for reasons.

I don't think I have seen an actual wild fox before, but then again they like to hide and be alone. I would lime to see one though :)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am just wondering, has anyone had experience with meeting or seeing foxes? I have not actually seen one that I recall unfortunately. I live in a more rural area now, so maybe there are ones around here hopefully.

Edited by Namae

I am just wondering, has anyone had experience with meeting or seeing foxes? I have not actually seen one that I recall unfortunately. I live in a more rural area now, so maybe there are ones around here hopefully.

When i was 6 and out with kids we saw one, also when i was like 10 and maybe more that i dont remember, hey just run away, 1000 people village  with forest all around it :D

• Brohoof 1

I have indeed, an example I posted earlier:

I'm a big foxes fan, was lucky enough a little while ago to be doing a twilight walk, and saw a vixen with three Cubs playing in a field (the Cubs were pouncing on each other/their mother/the grass - was adorable!

Also, where I work has quite a large campus, including an area where there are some trees/grass etc and when walking around at dusk will often see one scurry across the grass.

Also, this:

• Brohoof 2

I like them actually, I'm not a fan of animals but I don't mind foxes at all, in fact I do like them quite a lot. There is something I find interesting about them, kinda hard to explain :P

I have indeed, an example I posted earlier:

Also, where I work has quite a large campus, including an area where there are some trees/grass etc and when walking around at dusk will often see one scurry across the grass.

Also, this:

When i was 6 and out with kids we saw one, also when i was like 10 and maybe more that i dont remember, hey just run away, 1000 people village  with forest all around it :D

Nice! I wish I could find some, but foxes usually like being out late, if there are any near. Also I love Fox Village! I wish I could go there!

• Brohoof 2

I love foxes, on one of my trips to Russia, I got to visit the domesticated red fox centre, it was an amazing experience, the foxes were soft and made cute sounds when you touched them, they were surprisingly cuddly, a fox would sit on your lap, and curl up into a fluff ball, I have yet to visit Zao Fox Village in Miyagi prefecture, but I have been to the area before, so I must stop there next time I visit Japan. Fox pokemon Vulpix and Ninetails were my most successful pokemon, in the card game and the Nintendo games, I used them a lot, so I was well versed in fire pokemon tactics, plus there is Zootopia, Nick Wilde was a great character, I really liked his personality and his friendship with Judy, by far Nick is one of the coolest fox characters, in addition to Robin Hood, who got me into archery, yet I have difficulty using the Mediterranean style, but the Mongolian style archery works fine for me, nevertheless, when it come to a mammal, the fox is among my favourite.  

post-19222-0-85976500-1475007998_thumb.jpeg

• Brohoof 3