Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lost on the Moon (EthRitt Remix) [EDM]

Unused account

Hello there bronies and pegasisters! Just released my very first remix!! It is an EDM remix of Lost on the moon. it's not exactly the best.. but it's not my worst either!

Take a look:

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaaGCJTL5H8

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/ethritt_pl4yhooves/lost-on-the-moon-ethritt-dance

Hope you enjoy! Feel free to comment :3 I like to hear what others think!

post-37225-0-59312600-1470887349_thumb.jpg

Edited by ethritt
  • Brohoof 1

Hello there @EthRitt!

Since your focus seems to be showing off a completed work, I'm moving this to fan music. ;) Have a great day!

• Brohoof 2

Ok. 

The biggest gripe I'm having with this remix is your balancing and melody assignment. That wubby square wave that comes in at the one minute mark is too loud. It completely drowns out the vocals. I suggest having that wubby square wave only for interludes. In addition, it's generally frowned upon to have the melody running on instruments when a vocal track is present, especially if it's an octave below the vocals. 

Your percussion could certainly use some work. Add some melodic synth toms for sweet fill-ins, especially on bars 4 and 8 of each phrase. 

The vocals could use some reverb and compression to give them some some space and boost. Lower the attack on the vocal compressor and up the gain on it to give it that studio/spacey feel to it. 

All in all, this remix could use some work. I can help you if you'd like. 

• Brohoof 1

Ok. 

The biggest gripe I'm having with this remix is your balancing and melody assignment. That wubby square wave that comes in at the one minute mark is too loud. It completely drowns out the vocals. I suggest having that wubby square wave only for interludes. In addition, it's generally frowned upon to have the melody running on instruments when a vocal track is present, especially if it's an octave below the vocals. 

Your percussion could certainly use some work. Add some melodic synth toms for sweet fill-ins, especially on bars 4 and 8 of each phrase. 

The vocals could use some reverb and compression to give them some some space and boost. Lower the attack on the vocal compressor and up the gain on it to give it that studio/spacey feel to it. 

All in all, this remix could use some work. I can help you if you'd like. 

Yeah I noticed that melody was to loud as well.. sadly I for some reason ended up not hearing it while It was still in the making so I overlooked it and posted it only to find I made a HUGE mistake... But, I would've fixed it if I wasn't so ignorant :3

Sure thing! I'll certainly try to make better beats next time :adorkable:

I'll certainly try doing some EQing with the vocals next time. The gain really would have helped..

Thanks for this! This was literally my first ever remix, and my first ever song done on Garage Band on mac so it was hard to find everything cos I couldn't find a tutorial on the version I was using :/ but, all-in-all thanks for noticing the things I had wrong. I'll be sure to learn from it next time! :pinkie:

Yeah I noticed that melody was to loud as well.. sadly I for some reason ended up not hearing it while It was still in the making so I overlooked it and posted it only to find I made a HUGE mistake... But, I would've fixed it if I wasn't so ignorant :3

Sure thing! I'll certainly try to make better beats next time :adorkable:

I'll certainly try doing some EQing with the vocals next time. The gain really would have helped..

Thanks for this! This was literally my first ever remix, and my first ever song done on Garage Band on mac so it was hard to find everything cos I couldn't find a tutorial on the version I was using :/ but, all-in-all thanks for noticing the things I had wrong. I'll be sure to learn from it next time! :pinkie:

No prob dude, if you have any further questions, feel free to drop me a message. 

• Brohoof 1