Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How's your spelling?

Member Berry

Well since english isnt my first language i cannot spell in english very good xD just basics, even tho i know how to say alphabet, i cannot think of randomly placed letters i have to say alphabet in my head to the letter i need

in czech i can spell great well that should be normal

Whether I speak French or English, I always make sure I didn't make any spelling mistakes because I'm crazy.

So usually, my spelling is almost perfect. B)

Except in German, oh dear. I'm glad I don't have to study it anymore.

Not the best, but far from the wurst  worst. 

Generally I re-read something before I send or post it just to be sure I've not made errors. The only exceptions being when I am playing a game and I am using steam overlay, Skype, Discord, or Teamspeak I don't take the time to re-read my reply, and usually as a result of being rushed they often have typos. 

The other exception being I am still not the best as using a phone keypad, so often times I end up hitting "9" instead of "O", my fingers aren't fat, I just type fast.  :P

• Brohoof 1

I guess I'm alright when I'm not really thinking about it, but the moment I begin to concentrate it goes downhill XD

Thank God for spell check that's all I can say :P

And also thank god for OS X spell checking everything I type, regardless of where I'm typing/which program I'm using :D

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I guess I'm alright when I'm not really thinking about it, but the moment I begin to concentrate it goes downhill XD

And also thank god for OS X spell checking everything I type, regardless of where I'm typing/which program I'm using :D

Grammarly is also awesome:

https://www.grammarly.com/

Edited by Kayleigh
  • Brohoof 1

It was my least favourite subjects in school. Thank goodness they dropped spelling tests after grade 3; I hated those things and having to study 25 words every week.

But to answer your question: my spelling isn't fantastic, though I'm usually correct. There are a few words that throw me whenever I encounter them.

I sometimes depend on spellcheck, especially for bigger words since I don't use them as often as I should.  Beyond that, it really depends on my current mood, if I have a headache or I'm tired, my spelling and grammar will be a bit messy.

• Brohoof 1

I'm fine at it. My mom told me that apparently I was a gifted speller as a child. I don't remember that. lol

I don't always know how to spell every word. However, after over a decade of foruming (with Firefox's spell check a major chunk of that time) I've filled in a lot of those gaps.