Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How's your spelling?

Member Berry

For some reason i wanted to comment on this.

my spelling is fine however i know ZERO punctuation i was never taught it "why?" because when i was a little kid i had ADHD and i just didn't want to learn i didn't have any learning difficulties i just felt it was "boring" 

any way i had these one on one lessons in reading and writing and i remember the teacher said "if you just learn't you wouldn't have to be doing this" and i just pretty much instantly learnt how to read and write within a week 

however they never taught me punctuation because they kinda went "he can read and write so good enough" and my class had already finished up punctuation lessons 

ive some how managed to get up to a tertiary education without even knowing punctuation outside of capital letters and fullstops i remember when i told one of my professors after she commented about it and she said "oh... i thought you were just always doing things last minute and in a rush"  

Edited by idunnomaybe

I can spell pretty well, and I make sure to have well written sentences and the like when posting on places such as here. On chat programs like Discord/Skype, I'm a bit more careless.

I've got pretty good spelling, though there are some words that I always misspell. Miscellaneous, simultaneous, tertiary, etc. ...surprisingly, I spelled them right this time around right now. :wacko:

Though I just misspelled misspell, so there's that too. :P

• Brohoof 1

Went to multiple spelling bees like a nerd when I was in primary school, and won most of them. Spelling's always been something I've been quite good at, and something I picked up easily when I started school.

• Brohoof 1

My spelling and grammar is fine but I still make mistakes from time to time. I usually proofread everything I type but I still make some mistakes because English isn't my first language.

It was my least favourite subjects in school. Thank goodness they dropped spelling tests after grade 3; I hated those things and having to study 25 words every week.

But to answer your question: my spelling isn't fantastic, though I'm usually correct. There are a few words that throw me whenever I encounter them.

We had those in primary school too >.> ugh. They were a nightmare.

• Brohoof 1

i suffer from dyslexia and the fact i button mash and tend to type super fast so i can get my message out, i rely heavily on auto correct and if i screw the word up so bad auto correct cant help i will type it in sentence form in the search bar and copy the recommendation

They gave me some extra English lessons in High School as I struggled with English. After those extra lessons, they moved me from set four (the lowest class for English) to set two. I just needed extra help. They gave me a dyslexia test and I'm presuming I wasn't considered dyslexic as I heard nothing else about it.

I'm generally okay at spelling. But it has improved dramatically over the years because of spellcheck. Now I'm more aware of how to spell certain words, and punctuation has taken a turn for the better as well. Still not perfect but getting better all the time. 

I also have a really crappy keyboard which causes me to make typos almost every other word, so spellcheck saves me a lot of time proofreading. 

• Brohoof 1

Wanna see me type in "jut" but it was supposed to be "just" x3 I do that all the time xD and "otehr" other words too.....I just did it again!! X'D

Edited by Princess Moony

I've always been very good at spelling. A few words I might get a letter off sometimes but generally speaking I'm spot on.

I still don't like to live without the squigglies in text boxes so I can really make sure though. :D

English is not my first language but I have been studing english since I was 5 years old (just a baby). I speak spanish but most of the time I forget words in spainsh and the only way I remeber is in english.

I believe that english is easier than spanish.

I wish I was born in a place were they speak english (like irland, scotland, england, eeuu, etc.)

My grammar is terrible but I can speak english in my sleep. (is too easy for me to learn a new language).

I would say that I am very good at spelling and grammar. I grew up reading and writing, as those are major hobbies of mine. Studying the Latin language has greatly helped with increasing and strengthening my English vocabulary! :) Chatting casually online has made me a bit lazy with my grammar at times, though, I'll admit. :P

Edited by Lady Kiriness
  • Brohoof 1