Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How's your spelling?

Member Berry

• 2 weeks later...

Remember all of those dreaded spelling tests back in elementary school? I think it made me more proficient in my spelling but then thank goodness now for spellcheck! I do tend to miss a few words so it's nice to become lazy and let the computer help lend a hand.

I;d like to think that I;m pretty goof at ir.

You know, for a first attempt at touch typing, that was actually not half bad. That said, I do keep an eagle eye out for any mistakes that I make before I post something, lest I embarrass myself in front of myself. I also favour British English when it comes to spelling, which spellcheck often disagrees with. I never did learn how to fix that.

Edited by -Octavia-

My spelling in English isn't perfect as I'm still learning, but I pretty much know the basics and I do think that it isn't the worst either. Probably something average. Things are always easier when I'm using my native language though, as people have told me that I don't make typos all that much and that I have a good grammar overall.

With both languages I try to check the text for possible typos but sometimes something just slips past my eyes.

English was something I rocked at in elementary through high I was led to believe! I'm pretty hypercritical of myself so sometimes I feel relatively down in the dumps over my grammar skills and writing abilities aside from the typical case of words that you just haven't retained the proper spelling for. I suppose I just need to put forth a little more effort.

Languages are pretty much the only things I have any talent for. As a result, my spelling is pretty good. I make typos, but other than that I don't really make that many mistakes either in English or Dutch, my native language.

My spelling looks a bit weird, some people can read it without a problem and some can't read a single word. I'd say it's not pretty at all, but decent enough to read.