What did you think of the episode?  

200 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• That was LAME! -_-
    • No; I didn't care for it.
    • Eeeh...meh. So meh.
    • I like it; could've been better.
    • THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!

Why do you call that a diabetes expression? I'm just asking out of curiosity not criticism as I have friends with diabetes now

I'm saying that sweetie belle was sickeningly adorable, I.E., sweet :P

Is like how all the super cute images on derpibooru have a diabetes tag, Like Diasweetes, Shyabetes, ect.

I thought this episode did a very good job of teaching Rainbow Dash a lesson about her pranking habits compared to The Mysterious Mare Do Well. I can see why everypony did what they did and while it was rather extreme, it needed to be done in Rainbow's case. I loved the zombie ponies and the joke cookies, I thought those were nice touches as well as the ponies having a paler complexion. I also loved the overall atmosphere of the episode once everypony became cookie craving zombies. It was spooky and a classic horror movie trope. 10/10 episode!!

post-5578-0-47985100-1471235174_thumb.png

post-5578-0-51947300-1471235176_thumb.png

post-5578-0-21383500-1471235190_thumb.gif

post-5578-0-29175800-1471235194.gif

post-5578-0-31368900-1471235196_thumb.png

post-5578-0-92025100-1471235198_thumb.png

• Brohoof 2

Season 6 is actually a big patch to fix some early season of the show. Go read this changelog:

-New Contents-

Star Glimmer is the new addition to the Mane Cast.

More new fresh characters.

Trixie is return this season (Season 1 or 3  version required).

More songs.

An new Alicorn added to Alicorn race.

More new facial expressions and character movement.

Expand some old locations in Equestria.

-Bug Fix- (verson 6.15)

Season 2 installment required:

Fix Dragon race stereotype issues in Dragon Quest.

Improve Spike performances.

Replace the executionmoral.inf in MMDW, which is glitchy and cause some BSOD when you run season 2 version.

Improve Fluttershy’s  performances.

Fix some comedic issues.

Some technical problem:

Due to the comedic patches and season 2 maintainance updates (outdated version), season 6 is sometimes crashed if you run season 4 & 5 versions, especially RainbowDash.exe.

Starlight Glimmer is glitchy and often disappear in the background.

Please don’t hestitate to contact us for more technical issues.

More  season 6 updates on the ways

• Brohoof 5

I've been relatively frustrated with it, but honestly it's not come across to me as all that much more than an extension of how she's only ever been depicted as a jerk or a relatively weak character almost continuously since "Rainbow Falls." Barely a single episode where she's not screwing up or generally not showing her good side. Compare Rarity, who some episodes are able to depict as being in the wrong and making mistakes without completely compromising their best qualities. RD is one of the show's best characters, so it's aggravating to see her having been misused for years on end

So in other words, the same problem Pinkie Pie's been having for the past couple of seasons?

Rainbow Dash has certainly gotten enough appearance time at the moment. I must assure you guys, she along with Applejack and Rarity, hopefully, will not appear much within the next four episodes.

I like to know how Rainbow Dash could afford buying cookies for all of Ponyville?! Is she a millionaire? Somepony had to put up the bits to make all those cookies for the whole city!

Edited by Darthy Hooves

The real victim here was Mr. Cake.

As if his colossal TMJ due to that massive under-bite wasn't bad enough. I hear he's been having deep tissue massage from Bulk Biceps just to try to take some of his pain away, and now THIS.

Thanks Rainbow Dash - it's hard enough to run a successful business AND be a father of TWINS without prank induced medical problems to worry about. 

• Brohoof 1

So in other words, the same problem Pinkie Pie's been having for the past couple of seasons?

I dunno, I tend to find Pinkie Pie a lot more fun overall, and I even think she's been relatively grounded as of late, "28 Pranks Later" of course aside.

Edited by AlexanderThrond

I thought it was pretty good, I don't like that people seem to think RD scaring Fluttershy was a continuity error though. Just because RD said she wouldn't prank Fluttershy once doesn't mean she wouldn't try again later, especially since Fluttershy is getting more and more confident, Rainbow may have thought Fluttershy could handle it now.

• Brohoof 4

I'm saying that sweetie belle was sickeningly adorable, I.E., sweet :P

Is like how all the super cute images on derpibooru have a diabetes tag, Like Diasweetes, Shyabetes, ect.

Oh yeah like when my friend is being extra nice we joke that it's from the extra sugar in his blood. I'v also seen diabetics on the internet using stuff like that as pick up lines and other diabetics who hate those jokes. Anyway yes Sweetie Belle is adorable. 

Yeah, I was guessing that once Pinkie warned Twilight of the prank, she cast the spell on Pinkie to start the counter-prank off with Pinkie looking pale and bedridden, asking for more cookies to make her feel better, then as the rest of Ponyville bought the joke cookies from the Crusaders, they let Twilight know, so by nightfall, Twilight has cast the spell over everypony in Ponyville except for Applejack, Rarity, and the Crusaders, which she probably did while they were still hidden from the light of the lantern Rainbow turned on.

Once Rainbow's eyes were shut in fear of being devoured and pleaded that her prank was no longer funny, Twilight used that opening to undo the spell and return everypony back to their normal, brighter colors, though as for the loose, frayed hairs in their manes and tails while pretending to be zombies, I credit that either to Rarity, since we saw her comb her mane back to normal once the deception was over, or being part of Twilight's spell as well, unless all the unicorns in Ponyville helped Rarity and Twilight out with the manes and tails of everypony during the ruse instead.

Either way, glad I'm not the only one who was asking about that little nitpick of the episode regarding everypony being a pale, cookie-craving zombie one minute, then suddenly back to their brighter, normal selves the next when the prank was over without telling us how they even performed that move in the first place in the span of the few seconds Rainbow had her eyes shut before the deception was revealed.

I like your theory and I think you are totally right about Twilight with the spell and Rarity with the hair styling. Twilight may even have told Rarity the pale color spell so she could cast it on the ponies in the barn herself while Twilight continued to pretend to be a zombie since Rarity has been shown as capable of doing new spells in "Inspiration Manifestation" 

I thought it was pretty good, I don't like that people seem to think RD scaring Fluttershy was a continuity error though. Just because RD said she wouldn't prank Fluttershy once doesn't mean she wouldn't try again later, especially since Fluttershy is getting more and more confident, Rainbow may have thought Fluttershy could handle it now.

Yes, enough of the "RD was out of character" stuff. Think of it like the end of Scare Master: Fluttershy finally agreed to pull a Nightmare Night prank of her own, but she's still taking baby steps because she couldn't bear to see her friends genuinely frightened. She can handle some things, but not everything. Rainbow Dash wouldn't have scared her if she had known it would be traumatizing.

I like your theory and I think you are totally right about Twilight with the spell and Rarity with the hair styling. Twilight may even have told Rarity the pale color spell so she could cast it on the ponies in the barn herself while Twilight continued to pretend to be a zombie since Rarity has been shown as capable of doing new spells in "Inspiration Manifestation" 

Thanks. I appreciate when other Bronies support my theories to plot holes I am able to pick out from the episodes when we don't get much clarity on how stuff in the episode worked, like the zombie pony thing here with the pale colors and frayed hair.

• Brohoof 1

Given the synopsis of the episode, I was a little bit worried about how this one will end up being like.

And to be honest, I have to say that this episode was fairly enjoyable.

Also is it just me, or did anyone else feel any similarities to the Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends Halloween episode?

its been years since I've seen fosters... but now that you mention it, dash did seem to be a little Blooregard towards the other ponies.

I like dash (and apple jack, I wonder why?) and so its hard to see anything you like being "tormented"... what will make this episode one of the great ones (in the long run) is if dash learns from it...(they may have had her "learn" the lesson before, but this was a bit..."louder".

there was a discution on another forum (not reposting topic, ect... just my reply...)

it seems to fit this just as well...

"whats the diffrence between a "good" joke and a "bad" joke??"

"the audience"

if the majority of people dislikes dash's attempts at humor, then it is effectively a "bad joke(s)".

I was out of town for a few days without much net access and missed the episode when it aired. Still playing catch-up...

I have to say that the animation and lighting seem really well done in this episode

Agreed! Although I have mixed emotions about the episode, I will say the animators are working their tails off to make the series look visually spectacular.

And why wasn't Starlight in this episode?

Yeah... That was one of the things that annoyed me. =P

What annoyed me even more was the regression of the Cake twins - in this episode they can't talk anymore and are back in diapers!

With Starlight missing and the twins regressed, I think I'm going to do what I did with "On Your Marks" and say this episode takes place sometime between "Crusaders of the Lost Mark" and "The Cutie ReMap" instead of being in the current S6 timeline.

There was a couple good parts like the Sewing machine cake (Due to sweetie's diabetes expression while she's eating it)

That was my favorite part of the episode. How can anyone not love the sight of Sweetie Belle stuffing her face with sewing machine cake and managing to still look precious the whole time:
post-25740-0-85731900-1471309236_thumb.jpg

The whole story was extremely predictable as well.  The zombies...well....minor props to the FIM team for attempting zombies, but they didn't work.  Not for me, anyway.  Not at all.  They came off as...just weird and dopey.  But I think what annoys me the most is the fact that the lessons are feeling extremely forced and contrived lately.  Today's felt like a real stretch.  Perhaps they needn't do the overt lessons anymore.  It isn't necessary.  Viewers will learn valuable lessons just by example and subtle interactions.

I agree completely with all of this. I wish the episode had some kind of twist with the zombie ponies; I mean, in a world where a dragon can buy an enchanted comic, what is so difficult about making the joke cookies have some unintended side effect? It wouldn't of even had to be that it turns them into actual zombie ponies - just anything else.

And the moral. Ugh. They laid it on really thick at the end, and they went on too long explaining it - for the second time - since Dash had already been scolded with the moral earlier in the episode! They didn't need to really do anything - the audience isn't dumb.

So for my own thoughts, I generally was OK with the pranks Dash was playing, aside from the Fluttershy one (although I have to admit, Rainbow Dash makes for a pretty decent dragon. Dragon Lord Dash? She should have tagged along and flown in and grabbed the scepter herself!) and the brick one with Mr. Cake.

She actually did put a lot of effort into the others, which has been noted by many here, and it somewhat subverts the overall moral. I loved the sewing machine cake, the scroll gag, and AJ's bed being put out in the pigpen. The gags with Cheerilee and Twilight were childish, but I still thought they were funny. (Funny pose for Dash inside the chalkboard, lol.) I didn't understand, however, how a pegasus like Rainbow managed to carry a huge boulder through the air and drop it next to Big Mac? But whatever.

Some of her time with Fluttershy's mark in "Magical Mystery Cure" must have rubbed off on her because she somehow managed to wrangle a sleeping skunk without even getting sprayed, lol!

One thing about pranking Spike - she clearly didn't learn any lessons when she pissed him off in "Over a Barrel" by complaining about the unpopped corn kernels. She lost her popcorn and almost got her face burned off by him back then, so does she really want to get on the bad side of a fire-breathing dragon? Or a pair of alicorn Princesses, for that matter? Not smart.

Not only was the reveal of the moral played out too long, the whole zombie sequence felt too long. I guess a lot of that is due to how predictable it was. (Some of it due to the spoiler-ridden description of the episode, though I don't really think hiding that premise would have made much of a difference.) I guess it seems like the pacing was off, or more needed to happen in the last act than it just being a prank.

I suppose it's interesting that many in the town came out to support Rainbow in "Testing, Testing, 1,2,3" and here they came out again - to teach a different kind of lesson this time.

Is it just me or did all those zombified ponies look more like they had been huffing paint rather than eating colorful joke cookies? o_O

I wanted Celestia to appear at the end, miffed over the scrolls that Rainbow was responsible for. It would have ended the episode on a more humorous note, and would have added some variety to the ending.

Anyway, I guess overall I thought it was OK for the pranks early on. Plus it gets a bit of a pass because I'm focused on one thing only now - next week's episode!  Eeeeeeee, so much hype!!

post-25740-0-63312900-1471311989.png

Edited by Truffles
  • Brohoof 1

That was my favorite part of the episode. How can anyone not love the sight of Sweetie Belle stuffing her face with sewing machine cake and managing to still look precious the whole time:

attachicon.gifSweetieNoms.jpg

Sweetie Belle is precious always!  :squee: Especially when she's annoying her sister! 

7s9UPJm.png

• Brohoof 3

Yes, I agree. Though there is one major thing everyone is forgetting. RD WANTED TO PRANK FLUTTERSHY! The only reason she didn't was because Pinkie told her not to since she knew Fluttershy would get scared by it. Pinkie likes harmless pranks. Not to mention, RD never said she would not prank Fluttershy. Seriously, some people miss the most obvious stuff...  :okiedokieloki:

• Brohoof 2

I was out of town for a few days without much net access and missed the episode when it aired. Still playing catch-up...

Agreed! Although I have mixed emotions about the episode, I will say the animators are working their tails off to make the series look visually spectacular.

Yeah... That was one of the things that annoyed me. =P

What annoyed me even more was the regression of the Cake twins - in this episode they can't talk anymore and are back in diapers!

With Starlight missing and the twins regressed, I think I'm going to do what I did with "On Your Marks" and say this episode takes place sometime between "Crusaders of the Lost Mark" and "The Cutie ReMap" instead of being in the current S6 timeline.

attachicon.gifSweetieNoms.jpg

I agree completely with all of this. I wish the episode had some kind of twist with the zombie ponies; I mean, in a world where a dragon can buy an enchanted comic, what is so difficult about making the joke cookies have some unintended side effect? It wouldn't of even had to be that it turns them into actual zombie ponies - just anything else.

And the moral. Ugh. They laid it on really thick at the end, and they went on too long explaining it - for the second time - since Dash had already been scolded with the moral earlier in the episode! They didn't need to really do anything - the audience isn't dumb.

So for my own thoughts, I generally was OK with the pranks Dash was playing, aside from the Fluttershy one (although I have to admit, Rainbow Dash makes for a pretty decent dragon. Dragon Lord Dash? She should have tagged along and flown in and grabbed the scepter herself!) and the brick one with Mr. Cake.

She actually did put a lot of effort into the others, which has been noted by many here, and it somewhat subverts the overall moral. I loved the sewing machine cake, the scroll gag, and AJ's bed being put out in the pigpen. The gags with Cheerilee and Twilight were childish, but I still thought they were funny. (Funny pose for Dash inside the chalkboard, lol.) I didn't understand, however, how a pegasus like Rainbow managed to carry a huge boulder through the air and drop it next to Big Mac? But whatever.

One thing about pranking Spike - she clearly didn't learn any lessons when she pissed him off in "Over a Barrel" by complaining about the unpopped corn kernels. She lost her popcorn and almost got her face burned off by him back then, so does she really want to get on the bad side of a fire-breathing dragon? Or a pair of alicorn Princesses, for that matter? Not smart.

Not only was the reveal of the moral played out too long, the whole zombie sequence felt too long. I guess a lot of that is due to how predictable it was. (Some of it due to the spoiler-ridden description of the episode, though I don't really think hiding that premise would have made much of a difference.) I guess it seems like the pacing was off, or more needed to happen in the last act than it just being a prank.

I suppose it's interesting that many in the town came out to support Rainbow in "Testing, Testing, 1,2,3" and here they came out again - to teach a different kind of lesson this time.

Is it just me or did all those zombified ponies look more like they had been huffing paint rather than eating colorful joke cookies? o_O

I wanted Celestia to appear at the end, miffed over the scrolls that Rainbow was responsible for. It would have ended the episode on a more humorous note, and would have added some variety to the ending.

Anyway, I guess overall I thought it was OK for the pranks early on. Plus it gets a bit of a pass because I'm focused on one thing only now - next week's episode!  Eeeeeeee, so much hype!!

attachicon.gifSpikeGlee.png

I think a lot of the episodes are out of order. So I think you are right. Just look at how many random seasonal episodes there are out of seemly nowhere. With a lot of the Disney cartoons like Lilo & Stitch The Series and The Proud Family the episodes were so out of order the majority of the time I choose to ignore most continuity errors. It is also possible that the cakes wore diapers here so they wouldn't have to take a bathroom break during the fake zombie invasion since this show is the only cartoon where I have ever seen them acknowledge that characters have bathroom needs i.e Pinkie saying "Hurry it up in there"in "Last Roundup" . Just a thought. I loved the Sweetie Belle scene too! I think given we already have crazy things like Daring Do and the comic this was almost a twist and I give Ponyvile credit for pulling it off. 

Yes, I agree. Though there is one major thing everyone is forgetting. RD WANTED TO PRANK FLUTTERSHY! The only reason she didn't was because Pinkie told her not to since she knew Fluttershy would get scared by it. Pinkie likes harmless pranks. Not to mention, RD never said she would not prank Fluttershy. Seriously, some people miss the most obvious stuff...  :okiedokieloki:

agreed! Rainbow Dash only agreed not to prank her because of Pinkie being there in season 1 in a single instance. 

Thanks. I appreciate when other Bronies support my theories to plot holes I am able to pick out from the episodes when we don't get much clarity on how stuff in the episode worked, like the zombie pony thing here with the pale colors and frayed hair.

You're very welcome!!!!!

Edited by StitchandMLPlover
  • Brohoof 1

while the main lesson was a good one the start of the episode fly's in the face of when we first saw dash and pinki pranking ponyville as they encountered fluttershy. botha agreeing to not prank fluttershy kind of cemented what dash would and would not do for pranks because its fluttershy of all ponys.......yet this opening.......

I don't know how to feel with it weather to like it....which is becoming harder the more I think about it.....or hate it as it flys in the face of what we know about dash.

She like to have fun and knows when to stop in few case's but wouldn't put her friends through something like that unless she knows they could take it.

Half of the pranks she did that we saw shows how smart she is to turn a sowing machine into a cake, drop a huge rock onto bigmacs cart, mess with cheerliee (ok that's not to hard to do) get spike to hicup fire, half the pranks done by her in gildas first episode....I mean come on do I really need to say whats wrong with how it opened up?

It had a good recovery arch tho with a few good laughs hear and their but I cant get over that opening. 6/10

I feel like the pacing is off. 

I would have liked to see what made Rainbow want to start pranking ponies. 

Rainbow Dash does prank casually every once in a while. The reason why she went on a pranking spree was because of the mane 6 meeting caused by her pranking Fluttershy. The mane 6 said she put no effort into her prank therefore she should not do them. Which insulted RD, causing her to go on the pranking spree.

I can explain pretty much any plot hole/continuity error most people points out. Partially because they were never there in the first place.  :P

I hadn't even thought of that.  I had heard something about some of the episodes being out of chronological order, though.  That's very interesting.  It would explain a lot.  Well, congratulations, Truffles: you have continued your trend of making me feel moderately better about an episode that I was rather upset about.  Thanks!  :)

She actually did put a lot of effort into the others, which has been noted by many here, and it somewhat subverts the overall moral. I loved the sewing machine cake, the scroll gag, and AJ's bed being put out in the pigpen.

The AJ bed gag was good.  I forgot to mention that.  I have to hand it to her, that one was really good.  It reminded me of something Jim would pull on Dwight.  That gag had Jim Halpert written all over it.

• Brohoof 1

I hadn't even thought of that.  I had heard something about some of the episodes being out of chronological order, though.  That's very interesting.  It would explain a lot.  Well, congratulations, Truffles: you have continued your trend of making me feel moderately better about an episode that I was rather upset about.  Thanks! 

Season 5 and 6 are written at the same time, maybe some episodes are mixed together. :twi:  By a way, season 6 is actually an season 5 expansion pack  :orly:  that what i think when i finished watching On Your Marks. 28 Prank Later maybe originally to be the episode made for season 5 or 4 before McCarthy leaved... No matter my theory is true or not, i still like this ep, it feels like an old school episode and it make me happy    :orly:

• Brohoof 2