What did you think of the episode?  

200 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• That was LAME! -_-
    • No; I didn't care for it.
    • Eeeh...meh. So meh.
    • I like it; could've been better.
    • THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!

This was a spooky episode! I saw the plot twist coming ever since Pinkie started showing symptoms since there's no way a practical joke cookie could have that effect unless it was magically sabotaged. Either way, it was cool to see Rainbow Dash experiencing the same terror as Fluttershy when the prank backfired and she even acknowledged the pranked ponies as "zombies" which is exactly what they were acting like so that was awesome. She couldn't even fly away since the pegasi zombies would follow her. The fact that pretty much all of Ponyville were in on the counter prank to teach her a lesson was surprising and the way they executed it was very realistic and intimidating! I enjoyed the moment where they wiped off the rainbow and their colors reverted to normal and Rainbow Dash couldn't understand what the hay just happened. That was classic!

• Brohoof 2

This was a spooky episode! I saw the plot twist coming ever since Pinkie started showing symptoms since there's no way a practical joke cookie could have that effect unless it was magically sabotaged. Either way, it was cool to see Rainbow Dash experiencing the same terror as Fluttershy when the prank backfired and she even acknowledged the pranked ponies as "zombies" which is exactly what they were acting like so that was awesome. She couldn't even fly away since the pegasi zombies would follow her. The fact that pretty much all of Ponyville were in on the counter prank to teach her a lesson was surprising and the way they executed it was very realistic and intimidating! I enjoyed the moment where they wiped off the rainbow and their colors reverted to normal and Rainbow Dash couldn't understand what the hay just happened. That was classic!

There's still the question of how they got their colors to be paler for the prank anyway. Twilight using a spell to accomplish it sounds like the best option since she could easily reverse it while Rainbow was not looking out of fear.

Sing pinkie smile song ---well pinke you sure DIDN"T make Rainbow smile now did you?

1. That Pinkie once sang a song about how she likes to make ponies smile doesn't mean she is obligated to do nothing but.

2. Rainbow Dash did end up smiling / laughing at the end of it all anyway, as did everyone else, so it wasn't ultimately that bad.

I quite liked the episode. Then again, I get that some people didn't like certain aspects of it so yeah, here's my analysis.

* Scaring Fluttershy. Yes, Rainbow has learned not to do this in the past, but perhaps cuz of Fluttershy's fairly recent character development, ie becoming braver and more assertive, Rainbow assumed that rule no longer applied? As in, "I know I was asked not to prank her before, but that was back when Fluttershy was a total coward who was scared of everything. Now tho, she's much braver!" People do think like that. I was bullied at school; when I left school, some people still thought it was funny to wind me up til I put them straight, pointing out that altho I wasn't being bullied any more, it still wasn't funny to wind me up. Those people just figured that winding me up was only off limits while I was being bullied; once set straight, they quit it.

* Rainbow's love of pranks. As far as I can see, Rainbow is supposed to be a full time prankster, but that is mostly something that happens between episodes. Probably, her pranks are mostly harmless so nopony's too bothered about them... til the episode, when she started to cause actual hurt and upset with her pranking. For example, let's just say Rainbow pranked somepony with the old "balloons and streamers stuffed in a box" joke. At first, when they come bursting out, it would be a shock, but afterwards, it would seem funny. Rainbow might have thought that those kind of pranks were fun at first, but then she went too far trying to improve on her pranks. And when her friends pointed this out to her, Rainbow misunderstood the message. Instead of thinking, "I went too far, so I had better rein it in a bit", she's thinking, "They think my jokes are lame! I'll show them!" and carried on with the extreme pranking, regardless of what Pinkie tried to say to her.

I know the episode isn't to everypony's taste, but hey, I liked it. XD

There's still the question of how they got their colors to be paler for the prank anyway. Twilight using a spell to accomplish it sounds like the best option since she could easily reverse it while Rainbow was not looking out of fear.

You're probably overthinking it. There have been several times when ponies have lost their colors without the use of magic. Season 1 episode 25 is a good example.

You're probably overthinking it. There have been several times when ponies have lost their colors without the use of magic. Season 1 episode 25 is a good example.

That was only due to Pinkie slipping into a Heroic B.S.O.D. as her belief her friends hated her took control of her and she thought they did not like her anymore. I'm still going with my theory that it was a spell from Twilight that pulled off the paler colors since she could easily reverse it during those few seconds Rainbow had her eyes closed in fear of her friends staying zombies forever if they got the rest of the joke cookies.

1. That Pinkie once sang a song about how she likes to make ponies smile doesn't mean she is obligated to do nothing but.

2. Rainbow Dash did end up smiling / laughing at the end of it all anyway, as did everyone else, so it wasn't ultimately that bad.

Oh..right..derp I guess i wasn't really thinking when I made that ocmment. Still a lot of people being pretty defensive over this episode. the issue wit hthe beginning i thought was 'why a scary prank it not nightmare night rainbow..bad taste tsk tsk"  or something like that. i think ti just made it worse when dash just kept laughing when shy was having a panic attack, even if she was cuaght int he moment she should habe at least seen her school friend was scared to death and felt remorse or some concern for what she did. that all i really need.

Just finished watching the opening.

Dash, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING?! Did you forget what Pinkie said to you in Griffon the Brush Off about Fluttershy being very sensitive to pranks?! This moment is so out of character of her!

I'm not fully finished with the episode yet but this was already a problem that stuck out to me and I only just started it. Bejeezus.

Welp, I don't think forgetting other people's reminders is a bit too out of character. Besides, she only told her in one instance, so I dunno...

If Pinkie did it, tho, THAT is out of character, but that's just me. :V

But this isn't a simple "forgetting a reminder". Rainbow went through a full calling out of Gilda and all that and it was universally established it was bad to make Fluttershy cry - a point that Dash didn't contend with.

This is especially insulting when it's coming after Hurricane Fluttershy, in which Rainbow was extremely caring and considerate toward Fluttershy. This isn't Rainbow. It's them trying to retread an old plot and say "see, we can do it better!" while bastardizing their existing character in order to make it happen.

The CMC would have been much better candidates for this lesson.

• Brohoof 2

I'm probably the only one here that reads or has heard of Shamrock95,but on the off chance anyonee else has, am i the only one who got creepy Small Town Big Business vibes from this episode?

• 2 weeks later...

Can I just say...those sounds...oh my sweet Luna those chewing sounds. I'm wondering if they used actual zombie brain eating sounds from another source or if the voice actors just took a mouthful of food and chewed as loudly and closely to the mic as possible.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did the fart joke anger anyone back when the episode came out? I wasn't around here for it and I'm too lazy to go through this topic and check.

I don't even remember the fart joke but I didn't see any irritation over that. Do you mean the whoopee cushion? Nobody had an issue with that. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, so I'll say this. I do try not to be a hater. But... that was certifiably lame.

Applejack & Rarity were the most wooden actors ever. Every line they said just completely unveiled everything about the plot twist at the end. "Bla, guess your prank really came back to bite you Rainbow!" Jeez... you're not supposed to be that direct and coherent when your supposed to have just turned. Never mind the fact what kind of a galloping idiot would eat the cookies when RD is currently hovering in front of you telling you they're bad, has been protecting said cookies, and your currently being chased by clearly affected individuals who are groaning about those cookies! JEEZ! This episode does everything in its power to tell you ahead of time that Pinkie blabbed the joke (and its Pinkie, how does Dash not know by now that Pinkie is the worst at keeping a secret?!) and that it's teaching the protagonist a lesson. Heck, it ends with the cliche of everypony laughing heartitly as everything goes back to status quo! Unless your this show's target demographic & are too young to have enough experience to have seen this bit played out before... then this episode is just terrible. I try not to say that too often, I can find redeeming qualities, really I can.

Probably the only highlights: I'll admit, I'm juvenile. That Woopee Cushion was absolute gold!

Maybe the first time, but Barry the Bear really showed as a character! He's sort of like the scardey-cat big brother to Fluttershy! Get the feeling he hangs around with Flutters because life is so much easier at her cottage than fending for himself out in the Everfree. And, Might I add, that opening speech of Fluttershy's that's only 40% self-reassurement and trying to be protective of her animal friends while also willingly having gone out into the Everfree basically by herself... Getting...*sniff* proud of the lass!

Also, did you see Cranky's show of pretending to be a zombie? Dear mercy, his was by and far the most convincing & terrifying! Just straight up slack-jawed & gaping! Cranky knows his zombie flicks! Spike and the two Cake fillies were just incoherent babbling, their acting was so terrible...

Other then those three... okay four, I guess, things, pretty much everypony else was just absolute bunk. Like...

How can Rainbow Dash be that uncaring? Yeah, Pinks be in bed, bruh, That usually means you can't just drag them off to look at what you've done. I know the main gist was that Rainbow took it personal & took things too far but... that's flanderizing.To me, that's the absolute worst thing you can do, is be predictable.

Still though... its a good introduction to kids about the zombie flick. I'll give it that. If that's the first horror thing a kid sees, if they like it, its a good gateway into the harder stuff.

On 9/18/2016 at 6:02 PM, Rainbow Dash said:

Can I just say...those sounds...oh my sweet Luna those chewing sounds. I'm wondering if they used actual zombie brain eating sounds from another source or if the voice actors just took a mouthful of food and chewed as loudly and closely to the mic as possible.

I...I know, right? That was some absolutely stellar sound effects work there! That was way too much squishy sounds of a sort one typically doesn't have the... courage to put in a kids show! *shudder*

Oh, and one last thing too. The word "Zombies" is now cannon in this universe. Appleyak said that clear as the snoot on face!Y'all can stop with the Zompony stuff now!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Not a fan of this kind of episodes, and it was very predictable.

I loved how everyone looked at RD when she said she was going to top the zombie prank.

Edited by Blobulle