What did you think of the episode?  

200 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• That was LAME! -_-
    • No; I didn't care for it.
    • Eeeh...meh. So meh.
    • I like it; could've been better.
    • THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!

I think my biggest issue with this episode is it really didn't know how to deliver its own message. Some of the pranks RD pulled were honestly quite funny to me even if they weren't necessarily to the pony being pranked. Even the whoopie cushion, while certainly immature, was still hilarious just because it was so unexpected. The issue was really more about her potentially causing physical/mental harm as in with Fluttershy in the cold opening and the skunk and brick pranks, and I can't help thinking they intentionally muddled it so RD would more convincingly dismiss their complaining and they could get a 22 minute episode out of it. 

That being said, it's definitely not boring like the previous episode, and even though I totally get why others hate it there's enough humor in it for me to give it a pass.

Edited by n1029
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Well, after hearing so much about how bad this episode is, I finally stopped putting it off and watched it. I already some idea what to expect, but somehow it was even worse than I was expecting. I expected everyone to be massive hypocrites and treat Dash way worse than she deserved. I expected Dash to be an inexplicable ass to her friends. But I didn’t expect the jokes to come out so flat, or for so many of the pranks to be either absurd or mean spirited.

I went into this episode with extremely low expectations, and still managed to leave disappointed. That’s actually somewhat impressive.

• 3 weeks later...

I liked the Zombie References, even though i never watched 28 Days Later, so if they were similar scenes or references, i didnt got them. ( if the name is even supposed to be a reference to that ) But it was still a good prank, the Episode had a good atmosphere, specially the Zombie in the background in the Window, that was pretty cool and scary. I loved it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I liked the Dash aspect of this episode, mostly cause I found her pranks to be quite funny, except for the Fluttershy one. 
But, the ending was so predictable, and I feel like it was a bit too far.

Other things I liked.

Spoiler

Fluttershyseriousface.png.9eed73e4edbdb979d36978e4e45ae990.png
Fluttershy's serious face. Why isn't this an emoticon, yet?

Celestia28prankslater.png.ea38c0dc6142ed2194c1f59d8a3eb50b.png

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

EDIT: Upon going back over episodes a bit as well as seeing other people's thoughts, I'd like to bring up it's not just "Griffon the Brush-Off" that makes this characterization of Rainbow feel contradictory. "Scare Master", which happened before this episode, has Fluttershy clearly saying being scared is not for her and she wants no part in it and would like to avoid it. Hmmm interesting.

Revisiting this episode.

Still think it's bad. But I don't want to restate reasons that people have already specified in here, because honestly, I think reciting the same points over and over again was an issue with my comments I made a couple of years back.

I'll just sum it up by saying: I agree with the complaint that Rainbow's character regressed and that this retreads ground that she already learned a while ago and didn't need to be spelled out in its own episode, again, with a forced moral.

I'll instead bring up some other points that may have been lightly touched upon, or didn't mention much, or didn't mention at all, for the sake of provoking more thought:

1 - There's a very, very odd progression with the pranks in this episode, and I actually think it's something this episode did worse than "The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well". While the latter started out with small harmless boasting that progressed and escalated as the episode went on, this episode actually started with the worst prank first. Yeah, some of the other pranks were harmful to the ponies they were inflicted upon, but the first prank we see in the episode is undeniably the worst one given that it visibly brings Fluttershy to tears and gives her a panic attack and relating to the already mentioned 'regression' issue. Normally in an episode like this, the better structure is to have the pranks get worse and worse until the characters establish that they can't take it anymore and they have to do something about it. Not saying this can't work, but generally stuff like this is based upon escalation (and Rule of Threes, but that's a whole other discussion). And I definitely think it doesn't work in this particular episode, given...

2 - Some of the pranks are actually rather funny. The one that Rainbow does to Rarity in particular, I legitimately can't imagine anyone being offended by. No, seriously, I actually think that prank, if not objectively funny, is at least objectively clever and not all that obstructive. I know of no real world person who would be offended by that prank, and I legitimately can't think of any real person who would be offended by it, so the fact that Rarity is, is baffling to me. And if the reason is because of the outfit that Sweetie Belle was supposed to wear, Sweetie Belle herself didn't seem all that upset by it, and she's the one who's supposed to be wearing it... And there's another aspect to that...

3 - Since we're talking about "Griffon the Brush-Off" at all, I think it's not just Rainbow's attitude that was changed for this particular episode - all of the Mane 5 were different in their own way. Remember, Rainbow and Pinkie already pulled pranks on these gals before, pranks that were honestly less original and funny than some of the ones Rainbow pulled in this episode, and they laughed along with it. It's strange that suddenly now they're offended by it. You can say that they have changed and they just think it's juvenile now, but is that really a good change? Could you argue to me that it's a good thing that the characters have suddenly become allergic to the idea of fun?

4 - It's very evident that they were attempting to address the complaints that were in "The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well" with this episode given that they explicitly show Rainbow's friends talking to her twice in this episode. But here's the issue: I never wanted a retreated of MMDW in the first place. What I wanted, and what I think a vast majority of the people who complained about that episode wanted, was for them to learn from the mistakes of MMDW and use that to better other episodes. And this episode really does basically follow MMDW beat for beat and just change up what exactly they're complaining about in Rainbow's behavior, and what she's going too far with. Just replace "boasting" with "pranking", and it's the same premise in every other way.

And them doing something in MMDW and then better in this episode, I'm not about to give it a pass for. And the thing they did fix in this episode... They handled it pretty sloppily, and it rang pretty hollow for me. It is nice that it shows that Fluttershy has progressed to asserting that something is not funny and can stand up to her friends, but that's the only praise I can really give it.

5 - This one has been brought up before, unlike the others which either weren't or were lightly grazed over, but it bears repeating because it's actually the part of the episode that gets me the most. Showing up Rainbow and making her feel worthless like in MMDW is one thing. You could argue they didn't know Rainbow well enough by then to entirely understand that that kind of thing would put Rainbow at a low spot, and you could argue that they saw it as justified because they were still helping other ponies and it's not like they had any control over which 'hero' they favored (their boasting, though, was a bit excessive if their whole point was to illustrate that MMDW was supposed to represent being humble, like lmao, way to rub it in gals). But this is another entirely.

Others argued here that Rainbow could seriously hurt ponies in her pranks and they were awful because of that. While I agree the pranks were certainly risky, Rainbow carefully observed them and it was clear her intention was not to harm them (that scaring one doesn't count because that particular prank sticks out like a sore thumb, it doesn't feel like Rainbow would make such a prank and again, it doesn't fit in with the escalation narrative, and it's the one she undoubtedly acted the most insensitive about...i don't know, it's a weird one to me, but in that case maybe you could argue the harm caused by that would be a temporary scare and she didn't know it'd be panic attack inducing, even though Rainbow would have to be hit pretty hard by the idiot ball to believe that). The brick was probably the worst offender in that regard, but even then having bitten into hard things by accident the worst thing you're going to get is some jaw pain for a while. It's clear that to her if it was going to cause any harm it'd be like...pinching someone on St. Patrick's Day kind of harm, the kind you'd get over relatively quickly and sure it'd be annoying but nothing life-threatening. I'm not suggesting they're good pranks (because tbh they were really fucking stupid), but just that the damage that could be caused by them is relatively minor.

You know, relatively minor compared to believing that you fed an entire populace of ponies that you personally know and love cookies that turn them into zombified freaks like you spread a freaking plague over them.

My point is thus: the thing with MMDW may cause some trust issues at worst for a while, and it'd hurt Rainbow, but it's on the same level as inducing that panic attack in Fluttershy, that sort of thing. It's not something that would stick with her for very long... Despite what fanfic writers may say.

Tricking Rainbow into thinking for quite some time that she'd caused a plague on her friends that turned them into zombies is COMPLETELY different. That's an incredible trauma to induce on someone. It's like... On level with those "social experiment" pranks on YouTube. Like, damn, dude, that's way too far. And there's no, no way that they didn't think that would be traumatizing. Or, wouldn't, if they were real people.

I'm not angry at these characters for this, they're fictional characters, not worth getting angry at them about it. I'm...frustrated that the writers played that off as acceptable. I mean, I just don't know, some people would probably argue it was justified and weighted well, but I'd be in heavy, heavy disagreement with that.

Also, did anyone notice how Rainbow went to find and warn the remaining friends she thought she had...?

EDIT2: This review here has a lot of my issues, and why I actually think MMDW was better than 28PL.

Edited by Wolfhog
  • Brohoof 3

7 hours ago, Wolfhog said:

2 - Some of the pranks are actually rather funny. The one that Rainbow does to Rarity in particular, I legitimately can't imagine anyone being offended by. No, seriously, I actually think that prank, if not objectively funny, is at least objectively clever and not all that obstructive. I know of no real world person who would be offended by that prank, and I legitimately can't think of any real person who would be offended by it, so the fact that Rarity is, is baffling to me. And if the reason is because of the outfit that Sweetie Belle was supposed to wear, Sweetie Belle herself didn't seem all that upset by it, and she's the one who's supposed to be wearing it... And there's another aspect to that...

3 - Since we're talking about "Griffon the Brush-Off" at all, I think it's not just Rainbow's attitude that was changed for this particular episode - all of the Mane 5 were different in their own way. Remember, Rainbow and Pinkie already pulled pranks on these gals before, pranks that were honestly less original and funny than some of the ones Rainbow pulled in this episode, and they laughed along with it. It's strange that suddenly now they're offended by it. You can say that they have changed and they just think it's juvenile now, but is that really a good change? Could you argue to me that it's a good thing that the characters have suddenly become allergic to the idea of fun?

This is mostly why I disagree about "28 Pranks Later" being worse than "The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well," even if neither is something I'd really want to watch again. I don't find "MMMDW" particularly funny, whereas this is pretty much kept afloat by intricate sight gags, as well as the novelty of the whole zombie thing. (I'll get to that.) Most of "MMMDW" is just scenes of Rainbow Dash failing, and that's not entertaining to me, whereas this at least doubles down on humour and tension. 

7 hours ago, Wolfhog said:

My point is thus: the thing with MMDW may cause some trust issues at worst for a while, and it'd hurt Rainbow, but it's on the same level as inducing that panic attack in Fluttershy, that sort of thing. It's not something that would stick with her for very long... Despite what fanfic writers may say.

Tricking Rainbow into thinking for quite some time that she'd caused a plague on her friends that turned them into zombies is COMPLETELY different. That's an incredible trauma to induce on someone. It's like... On level with those "social experiment" pranks on YouTube. Like, damn, dude, that's way too far. And there's no, no way that they didn't think that would be traumatizing. Or, wouldn't, if they were real people.

I'm not angry at these characters for this, they're fictional characters, not worth getting angry at them about it. I'm...frustrated that the writers played that off as acceptable. I mean, I just don't know, some people would probably argue it was justified and weighted well, but I'd be in heavy, heavy disagreement with that.

I wouldn't say it was a proportionate response, but when I watched this I never once thought about what effect it might have on Rainbow, or about the mane six not practicing what they preached, and that's mostly because the zombie thing played to me as a last resort. In retrospect there was probably something less extreme they could have done, and most of my justification for why they wouldn't have done it just comes back to Rainbow's poor characterization, but I never got the sense the mane six would have done that if they didn't believe it was absolutely necessary. I can't really argue that their methods weren't extreme, but unlike "MMMDW," I never questioned their intentions, so I at least understood the moral in abstract. 

I figure I won't be able to give this a second viewing without thinking about whether mane six went too far, though, and this was never an episode I liked for its storytelling to begin with. 

Really, I just wish the zombies were real.

And also, the mane six have seen all sorts of freaky things just to seem just fine right after, so I'm sure she's fine; I sort of sum things like this up to cartoon hyperbole. 

2 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

This is mostly why I disagree about "28 Pranks Later" being worse than "The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well," even if neither is something I'd really want to watch again. I don't find "MMMDW" particularly funny, whereas this is pretty much kept afloat by intricate sight gags, as well as the novelty of the whole zombie thing. (I'll get to that.) Most of "MMMDW" is just scenes of Rainbow Dash failing, and that's not entertaining to me, whereas this at least doubles down on humour and tension. 

To be fair, you do have a point here. I definitely found myself laughing at 28PL more than I did MMDW. I just think the things it did wrong, it did worse than MMDW did.

Honestly, that cake prank is actually amazing. If I could pull that off on someone in real life, I totally would. It's probably the one part of 28PL, along with Sweetie Belle's blasé attitude about it (i wonder how the cake tastes? clearly good if Sweetie Belle didn't seem to mind anything else about it), that sticks out to me as being particularly good.

And the one done on Applejack is funny on the sheer idea of how the heck did she do that? 

I wouldn't say it was a proportionate response, but when I watched this I never once thought about what effect it might have on Rainbow, or about the mane six not practicing what they preached, and that's mostly because the zombie thing played to me as a last resort. In retrospect there was probably something less extreme they could have done, and most of my justification for why they wouldn't have done it just comes back to Rainbow's poor characterization, but I never got the sense the mane six would have done that if they didn't believe it was absolutely necessary. I can't really argue that their methods weren't extreme, but unlike "MMMDW," I never questioned their intentions, so I at least understood the moral in abstract. 

I think maybe a kid could probably buy it was the 'extreme' that they had to go to (and thinking about the primary demographic of this show is certainly what I do, and trying to think within the show's world itself rather than simply putting in real world notions everywhere), but I really don't buy it, personally. And to be honest, I think the reason I don't buy it is partly because the set-up beforehand is poor, and I think MMDW's did its setup better, funnily enough. Maybe I could buy something as extreme as this if Rainbow's pranks were getting excessively harmful, or a majority of them were bad, but over half were harmless (and actually really good pranks, at that), and the ones that were harmful didn't take up that much screentime and the pain that would be inflicted was temporary. (In Cranky's case, bathing in tomato juice would probably fix it.)

I think it actually might have worked better if they switched the order of the pranks. If Rainbow pranking Fluttershy was more toward the end of the episode, rather than the beginning, then it'd definitely make sense that they'd jump to the conclusion they would need to scare Rainbow in return. I still think the prank would be disproportionate, but I'd be more easily able to follow the ponies' logic that that's the only way they could get through to her. That, and handling the conversations they actually do have in a more realistic way, rather than a miscommunication go balls-out and make Rainbow's blasé attitude from the first prank carry over further. (I mean, if they were willing to depict her that way in the first prank, why not go all out with it?) As it was, that meeting came off less like she brushed them off and more like they put her in a defensive position in which literally no person ever would listen and chose terrible wording that most people would know would egg Rainbow on. This would better hook in the idea of 'making Rainbow feel how we feel about her pranks'. (I mean seriously, Applejack. "Lazy"?) Hell, I think the story would be stronger, even, if the pranks started out harmless and they were fine with it, but over time they progressed to getting annoying and then even dangerous, and that's when they needed to stop her, which would make the moral at the end more nuanced and better emphasize the "for the right audience, for the right time" message the episode is attempting to convey.

Come to think of it, MMDW did have a bit of an ordering problem itself... I think a lot of people would be less against that episode if they reasoned that they needed to do something about Rainbow's ego once they noticed Rainbow putting off rescuing people. But unlike MMDW, 28PL started out with its strongest case to show Rainbow what-for first, whereas MMDW escalated to it.

I don't know if I would call it a "pacing" problem, so much as a... I don't think the pranks got extreme enough to justify the one that they did.

This wouldn't fix the terrible characterization on Rainbow's part, but I acknowledge characters are vehicles for story-telling at their core, and this would at least make it easier to buy the ending.

also shit tl;dr this comment is a bit all over the place here sorry lol

And also, the mane six have seen all sorts of freaky things just to seem just fine right after, so I'm sure she's fine; I sort of sum things like this up to cartoon hyperbole. 

Yeah, I do think she'll be fine after this, and that's mainly because this is a cartoon, and obviously they're not going to explore how the idea of feeling as though starting a plague would mentally scar you for life. ...though that does make interesting fanfic material

It's more the principle of the thing that I'm concerned about. And, taking the demographic into account as I said before, what if it encourages people to believing that attempting these pranks on people in real life is acceptable? In the world of the cartoon it can be fixed just by having a new episode happen, plus the lighthearted tone of the show, but if you did something like that outside of the show you'd pretty badly scar your friend. Food for thought.

I pointed this out in a status update, but a lot of Rainbow's fear doesn't seem to come from trying to protect her own life. She speaks a lot about how they would 'wait for the effects to wear off' and that 'no one should eat the cookies'. The video I linked to says it already, but to actually use a line from the transcript:

Rainbow Dash: No, no! Stay away! They're making you sick! You don't want these!

I mean, lbr, why would Rainbow fear for her life when all they're doing is walking around saying 'cooooookies' over and over? No, the fear would logically stem from how erratic the behavior is...and the guilt that she caused it. It's the isolation of the situation that makes it creepy to Rainbow, not so much the idea that she will be killed by her friends. Because, I mean, she wouldn't... And Rainbow usually doesn't appear to be that afraid to attempts to her life, and she's seen it all before a million times already.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Wolfhog said:

I think maybe a kid could probably buy it was the 'extreme' that they had to go to (and thinking about the primary demographic of this show is certainly what I do, and trying to think within the show's world itself rather than simply putting in real world notions everywhere), but I really don't buy it, personally. And to be honest, I think the reason I don't buy it is partly because the set-up beforehand is poor, and I think MMDW's did its setup better, funnily enough. Maybe I could buy something as extreme as this if Rainbow's pranks were getting excessively harmful, or a majority of them were bad, but over half were harmless (and actually really good pranks, at that), and the ones that were harmful didn't take up that much screentime and the pain that would be inflicted was temporary. (In Cranky's case, bathing in tomato juice would probably fix it.)

I think it actually might have worked better if they switched the order of the pranks. If Rainbow pranking Fluttershy was more toward the end of the episode, rather than the beginning, then it'd definitely make sense that they'd jump to the conclusion they would need to scare Rainbow in return. I still think the prank would be disproportionate, but I'd be more easily able to follow the ponies' logic that that's the only way they could get through to her. That, and handling the conversations they actually do have in a more realistic way, rather than a miscommunication go balls-out and make Rainbow's blasé attitude from the first prank carry over further. (I mean, if they were willing to depict her that way in the first prank, why not go all out with it?) As it was, that meeting came off less like she brushed them off and more like they put her in a defensive position in which literally no person ever would listen and chose terrible wording that most people would know would egg Rainbow on. This would better hook in the idea of 'making Rainbow feel how we feel about her pranks'. (I mean seriously, Applejack. "Lazy"?) Hell, I think the story would be stronger, even, if the pranks started out harmless and they were fine with it, but over time they progressed to getting annoying and then even dangerous, and that's when they needed to stop her, which would make the moral at the end more nuanced and better emphasize the "for the right audience, for the right time" message the episode is attempting to convey.

By the time she got to the pig thing, they were starting to become incredibly rude at best. I can't really argue with the zombie thing as a bridge too far; at first I was just into the aesthetic, and then with the revelation I guess I was just glad that it seemed sincere, as opposed to MMMDW's hypocritical self-aggrandizement. In a cartoon environment I didn't think much of it. 

Admittedly, if I recall correctly, all of the mane six's attempts to stop Rainbow Dash were all more or less inept up to that point. Didn't Pinkie Pie not even follow through with what was asked of her? I can definitely see how the mane six would think Rainbow Dash would respond well to being challenged to be inclusive, but of course I don't want to see Rainbow being that dense and insensitive in the sixth season of the show. Mostly, I saw that they were intentionally trying to make Rainbow defensive, and just pushed her in the wrong direction by mistake. 

My main problem with this episode was that it telegraphed everything long in advance, and this particular scene annoyed me for stating the moral almost right out the bat. 

1 hour ago, Wolfhog said:

It's more the principle of the thing that I'm concerned about. And, taking the demographic into account as I said before, what if it encourages people to believing that attempting these pranks on people in real life is acceptable? In the world of the cartoon it can be fixed just by having a new episode happen, plus the lighthearted tone of the show, but if you did something like that outside of the show you'd pretty badly scar your friend. Food for thought.

Maybe. To my understanding, it doesn't tend to end so favourably when kids respond to bad behaviour by trying to one-up it. Still, I think the actual moral - that this kind of prank is actually not acceptable, and that jokes should be within a friend's comfort zone - comes across, and the show also has morals saying that kids should turn to an adult when someone is behaving poorly, so I don't know. This just wasn't something that even occurred to me at the time. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/16/2018 at 8:22 PM, heavens-champion said:

Whatever happened to the guy who wrote for this episode?

Staying far away from the show I hope

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This episode is just annoying to watch. It starts out with one of the worst cold opens of the show and the entire first act is just Rainbow Dash acting like a smug jerk pranking everyone in Ponyville. That's not fun to watch. At least MMDW was able to tell funny jokes from Dash's inflated ego. The rest of the episode is supposed to be satisfying from seeing Rainbow be pranked back, but it wasn't satisfying. I don't know if it was the music, animation, or both, but the episode never achieved the horror atmosphere it was going for during the big prank against Rainbow. It felt fake. In the end, I wasn't able to enjoy anything in this episode.

Score: 2/10

• 3 months later...

I'm quite surprised that many people found this episode unenjoyable. I liked the episode, and even considered it one of the funniest episodes. I thought pranking Rainbow Dash back to teach her lesson was clever and entertaining to watch. Rainbow Dash's pranks at the beginning weren't that funny, but that was okay since the moral is that you shouldn't pull pranks on anyone. It looks like a lot of people felt that RD was treated unfairly. Others seem to not have liked seeing RD being a jerk. While I kind of agree with both opinions, I still found the last part entertaining. I guess everyone has their own tastes.B)

Edited by qwerE
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

This episode was the equivalent of cleaning a turd by spraying it with Axe body spray. But in the end, the turd was never cleaned up, it's still there and it still reeks, but now it smells like a frat boy rubbed it all over his body after a drunk all night Corona binge 

Edited by This Whomps
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

The big problem with this episode is how much of a jerk Rainbow is. From the very first scene, Rainbow is established as being uncaring and callous. This attitude stays through the entire first half. When the others call out Rainbow for her prank on Fluttershy, she continues to see nothing wrong with it and doubles down on pranking everyone. So at this point, it doesn't even matter if the pranks she pulls are funny or not since she's already unlikeable. The entire first half is just an unlikeable asshole pranking everyone while the others are rightfully pissed off. I honestly have no idea how this is supposed to be seen as funny. These kinds of stories need escalation. If you start with by far the worst prank and establish the character as insufferable, it taints the rest of their pranks and makes it less fun to watch. It's not like there's an kind of emotional connection to Rainbow to give some intrigue to her actions like there was in MMDW. In MMDW, we saw Rainbow's progression from humble to egotistical and saw her expose her insecurities making her seem more relatable and complex. In this episode, Rainbow is terrible and obnoxious. There's also a much more antagonistic and dare I say it, mean spirited tone to everything she does in the first half. This is compared to MMDW which was much more lighthearted allowing more comedy to come out of the situation.

The second half on the other hand is just kinda dull. I appreciate the attempts are capturing a horror atmosphere and there are a few good moments, but it is a pretty basic zombie story which drags for a lot of it. The twist is fairly obvious and nothing is that good.

Score: 1/10

Edited by bigbertha

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)
On 11/10/2018 at 10:16 PM, qwerE said:

I'm quite surprised that many people found this episode unenjoyable. I liked the episode, and even considered it one of the funniest episodes. I thought pranking Rainbow Dash back to teach her lesson was clever and entertaining to watch. Rainbow Dash's pranks at the beginning weren't that funny, but that was okay since the moral is that you shouldn't pull pranks on anyone. It looks like a lot of people felt that RD was treated unfairly. Others seem to not have liked seeing RD being a jerk. While I kind of agree with both opinions, I still found the last part entertaining. I guess everyone has their own tastes.B)

I definitely agree with you.

Rainbow Dash has always been kind of a jerk, so what if she's portrayed a bit more so than usual? It's still entertaining, especially with the dumb Zombie plot.

Alright, the punchline was set up from the very title and it made the episode completely predictable, but in this case it works because it's not the joke itself what's entertaining, but how the ponies make it happen and how Rainbow Dash reacts and that was definitely enjoyable.

Silly slice of life like this one is what I'm gonna miss more about FiM.

Edited by DonMaguz
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

This episode is basically Griffon the Brush Off 2.0 and it's not enjoyable at all. Don't even get me started on the blatant continuity error from the beginning.

Easily one of the worst episodes of the show for me.

• 6 months later...

I had fun with this episode for the most part, save the very opening.  My favorite two pranks were the Twilight fart and the Rarity cake.  The first time Twi's cushion went off (I watched it a few times ;P) caught me off-guard but had me laughing till my eyes were wet.  I got one of my aunts with the cushion gag once.  Startled her to the point that the wooden chair flew halfway across the living room from the dining room lmao.

With the exception of AJ's prank I didn't find the rest to be that well engineered, but it was still a good watch.  The cookie zombies were pretty good too.

• 11 months later...
2 minutes ago, MichaelWFX said:

This feels like something that would've came out for like Season 1

Absolutely true.

(I am careful with spoilers for future episodes)

There are a few episodes that were written by new people, and they just didn't keep up with all the development of the show.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Absolutely true.

(I am careful with spoilers for future episodes)

There are a few episodes that were written by new people, and they just didn't keep up with all the development of the show.

Yeah but it's kind of weird because Meghan McCarthy was the person who made the story concept, maybe they just slipped up on this one

Moments ago, MichaelWFX said:

Yeah but it's kind of weird because Meghan McCarthy was the person who made the story concept, maybe they just slipped up on this one

Probably an idea she had from the Season 1 days just reused by the writer:

Story by:     Meghan McCarthy
Written by:     F.M. De Marco