• No; I didn't care for it.
    • Eeeh...meh. So meh.
    • I like it; could've been better.
    • THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!

Moments ago, Splashee said:

Probably an idea she had from the Season 1 days just reused by the writer:

Story by:     Meghan McCarthy
Written by:     F.M. De Marco

From what I heard she wasn't very involved in season 6 - 7 because she was working on the movie, I do see her credit a lot in Season 6 episodes though

1 minute ago, MichaelWFX said:

From what I heard she wasn't very involved in season 6 - 7 because she was working on the movie, I do see her credit a lot in Season 6 episodes though

I don't know how much I can talk about the Movie, but I can say I am very unimpressed with anything Meghan McCarthy did.

2 minutes ago, Splashee said:

I don't know how much I can talk about the Movie, but I can say I am very unimpressed with anything Meghan McCarthy did.

Wasn't she the main writer for MLP after Lauren Faust left?

Moments ago, MichaelWFX said:

Wasn't she the main writer for MLP after Lauren Faust left?

I think she was the one inviting Lauren Faust to do MLP for her, so technically, she had to stay behind when Lauren left.

She's also the writer for Equestria Girls Movie 1, which is just exactly the quality you'll find in this episode. The rest of the Equestria Girls is actually pretty entertaining and has some character development (written by better people)

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Splashee said:

I think she was the one inviting Lauren Faust to do MLP for her, so technically, she had to stay behind when Lauren left.

She's also the writer for Equestria Girls Movie 1, which is just exactly the quality you'll find in this episode. The rest of the Equestria Girls is actually pretty entertaining and has some character development (written by better people)

Oh alright! Thanks for the suggestion

1 minute ago, MichaelWFX said:

Oh alright! Thanks for the suggestion

Don't let McCarthy scare you away from the rest of the series. There are a few other writers that are meh, but then you have Nick Confalone and Michael Vogel giving Equestria Girls a fair chance, and also FiM but much later Seasons.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Don't let McCarthy scare you away from the rest of the series. There are a few other writers that are meh, but then you have Nick Confalone and Michael Vogel giving Equestria Girls a fair chance, and also FiM but much later Seasons.

So far I actually like 85% of the 6th season, just feels like some concepts are meh compared to Season 5 

• Brohoof 1

Looking back at this episode, it had a huge emphasis on empathy. I hated the fact Rainbow Dash did that first prank to Fluttershy. I wanted to do something to Dash when I saw that, because as others said, that was the most criminal thing. Pranks are supposed to be funny and lighthearted, where both parties get to laugh. If one party is hurt and the other party's laughing, that's straight up bullying. Rainbow learned it the hard way and I'm glad she did. 

In this day and age, pull a prank on the wrong person, it could be the day you die, and that's really sad. There are really two sides...the prankster and the one being pranked. For the prankster, know the limits, have empathy, think globally. For the one being pranked, NEVER take it personal. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Thinking about it now that was the most out of character moment for the Rainbow Dash. Assuming people know her as loving and caring, loyal to her friends kind of pony. I just don't know, in this episode her pranks started to get really mean. Sawing machine cake for Rarity that was funny. Pranking Spike with Celestia mail, funny. Trying to get people to break their teeth with a brick sandwich, hilarious :dry:. Come on Dash you can do better than that, I don't think that Wonderbolts are a good influence on you.

• Brohoof 2

• 8 months later...

I just want to know how in the name of Faust l, Dash was able to pull AJ AND her bed  out of the bedroom and set them both in the pig pen without tripping one alarm bell, waking  AJ, or destroying the bed.

What she do pay Discord off!?

Edited by Star heart 777
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I just rewatched "28 Pranks Later" and I have two thoughts:

1. Rainbow Dash's pranks on the Mane 5 and Spike were harmless compared to her other friends like Mr. Cake biting a brick! :blink:

2. Rainbow Dash's cookie prank was totally harmless and seemed like a silly one to teach her a lesson with and it made Rainbow Dash look stupid, IMO. :ooh:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I just rewatched "28 Pranks Later" and I have two thoughts:

1. Rainbow Dash's pranks on the Mane 5 and Spike were harmless compared to her other friends like Mr. Cake biting a brick! :blink:

2. Rainbow Dash's cookie prank was totally harmless and seemed like a silly one to teach her a lesson with and it made Rainbow Dash look stupid, IMO. :ooh:

Yeaaaaaah, we're far from the "childish" pranks we saw back in S1 with Griffon the Brush Off. Those were some advance pranks, but some of them were bordering on actual physical threats hahaha.

I think they used the cookie prank more as an opportunity than anything else. They wouldn't have time to prepare something else, and it would just be easier to reverse prank RD with the cookies. The prank was harmless in itself, but it came after almost the whole town told her to chill with the pranks for a week or two. And after she made Flutters feel bad. It's more mean spirited than what she actually did, she really thought she got the whole town sick with zombie pony cookies, and that's the part that urks me a little. 

Yeaaaaaah, we're far from the "childish" pranks we saw back in S1 with Griffon the Brush Off. Those were some advance pranks, but some of them were bordering on actual physical threats hahaha.

I think they used the cookie prank more as an opportunity than anything else. They wouldn't have time to prepare something else, and it would just be easier to reverse prank RD with the cookies. 

The prank was harmless in itself, but it came after almost the whole town told her to chill with the pranks for a week or two. And after she made Flutters feel bad. It's more mean spirited than what she actually did, she really thought she got the whole town sick with zombie pony cookies, and that's the part that urks me a little. 

Edited by Hadrien
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

You know an episode is going to suck when it starts off with a fart joke… Seriously, like the last episode this feels like something you’d see in the earlier seasons when the character were still developing, not halfway through season 6. Dash just comes off as mean and inconsiderate of everyone else’s feelings. It’s obvious no one else is enjoying her pranks, not to mention some of them are just straight up dangerous or day ruining. Plus isn’t tampering with food (and then selling it like it’s normal…) illegal? I mean that’s getting into semantics but still!

The revenge prank is ehhh. It really does make Dash seem kind of dimwitted. And getting the entire town to play into it is a bit far fetched lol.

Underwhelming episode honestly.