What did you think of the episode?  

200 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• That was LAME! -_-
    • No; I didn't care for it.
    • Eeeh...meh. So meh.
    • I like it; could've been better.
    • THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!

For the most part it was an enjoyable episode that had the feel of a season one story. Not a bad thing at all, but overall the feeling is weak compared to season 5 & such.

Again though there was plenty good about this episode. :)

• Brohoof 4

I like how hangy ball thingies in the back of throats are canon.

Uh, they were canon since Rarity sang "Art of the Dress" part 2 in Suited for Success a long time ago...

We flew into her mouth and saw her "hangy ball thingy" as she sang a long crescendo during the song while working on the 2nd versions of the dresses.

• Brohoof 1

ugh, this is Mysterious mare Do Well all over again.

I hate that the way to teach rainbow a friendship lesson is to pull a revenge prank.

Season 6 has been pretty good, but this was the worst by a good margin.

But that is basically Rainbows learning style. She has to be "scared" straight in order for her to really get the picture and to really understand what what she was doing wasn't helping anyone. She can't simply be told to cool it or simmer down. lol. She has to see first hand at the things she was doing might not be the best thing in the world. 

• Brohoof 7

Uh, they were canon since Rarity sang "Art of the Dress" part 2 in Suited for Success a long time ago...

We flew into her mouth and saw her "hangy ball thingy" as she sang a long crescendo during the song while working on the 2nd versions of the dresses.

Yes, I know. But thanks for clarifying.

• Brohoof 1

Yet another gem from season 6.  :D

An episode that flat-out ignores the previous development a character has received and compensates for it by inserting an utterly pointless gimmick. 

Our characters aren't moving forward. Only back, or in circles. Golly, I do so love this season.  :squee:

Well, the good knew is that it wasn't another Mysterious Mare-Do Well like the initial synopsis led me to believe. To the episode's credit, even knowing that this was all one big prank at the end, the set up and atmosphere was well done and legitimately scary. Nice foreshadowing too with both Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom mentioning the Filly-Guide cookies before it became important.

And yet, this episode still felt a little "meh" to me. Maybe it's that Dash seems to have momentarily reverted to her S1 attitude and ignored the fact that scaring Fluttershy is a big no-no. Though Fluttershy, on the other hand, shows that she has developed in that she's only marginally scared of walking through the forest at night rather than "petrified" like she was in Stare Master.  

• Brohoof 2

Episode failed to meet its quota; I only counted 14 or so pranks. :unsure:

Super dumb joke aside, the episode was okay. Didn't particularly grab me with the story or humor, but I'm glad Rainbow Dash was taught a lesson I guess. Also the episode was the least scary thing trying to be scary I've ever seen lol :P

So MMDW 2.0 or not?

What I liked:

Pinkie Pie: Good on her here what with liking pranks and her conflict with Rainbow Dash

The Pranks: Pretty good on some of them

The Scenery: Do not tell me the animators are skipping out here. Man did this episode look good.

Harry the Bear: Best door alarm.

What I didn't like:

The Prank: A) Saw it coming a mile away. B )No one ever actually told Rainbow Dash to stop, outside the beginning when it was just Fluttershy.

The Town: Yes instead of talking to Rainbow Dash, get the a pony that won't tell Rainbow Dash your feelings and then prank her because reasonable talk, what's that?

What was ???:

Fluttershy: I'm in two minds here. One has her being a lot more confident, which I like, but on the other they're going with her scared of everything BS, which I don't. 

Rainbow Dash: Okay going extreme on her pranks yeah but nobody told her to stop, they got Pinkie Pie to do that and Pinkie Pie didn't so you have someone unaware of what the town was thinking about the pranks.

So a lot of the set around was good but I did not like the central premise. I don't hate it but it rubs me the wrong way.

Edited by Sidral Mundet
  • Brohoof 3

I missed the first few minutes due to stream issues, but I did get to watch most of the episode. It's a very base-level, Season 1 plot and moral, but the zombie scenes were legitimately funny and strong in atmosphere. There's something about the way these characters can make even the most trite gags funny, because of how well-realized and well-characterized they are.

It feels very much like an episode from the first half of this season, which is good for technicals as well as the writing of dialogue and gags, but bad for character and plot progression as the episode premises continue to be very safe and interchangeable.

Edited by Wind Chaser

I think it was a decent episode. It was a repeat of mysterious mare do well, but atleast it did it better. However, there where some very weak points.

It beginning already soured it a bit, because Rainbow from all ponies should know, that Flutters is very sensitive when it comes to those things, which just shows that RD is still taking it too far from time to time.

Some of the pranks in the montage where hit and miss. While the brick was a bit much (trust me, i know somebody who broke a tooth like that) i thought the cake prank was great.

I kinda knew from the very start, that the whole zombie thing would be just a prank. But shouldn't Rainbow have guessed, that something was up when Pinkie suddenly get sick?

Yes, i make this episode look worse then it actually is, but i just don't know.

All in all, it was the better mare do well.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'd definitely say this episode is an improvement over last week's, not that that's not really hard to beat mind you. This one was still predictable but it's also a lot of fun. Celestia cameo FTW! Oh, and the zombie prank is entertaining. All in all, I wouldn't say this is the best episode, but it's still pretty good IMHO.

• Brohoof 2

My opinion for today: 4/5. I really enjoyed the episode even though I don't like scary things because I enjoyed the lesson. :)  I've been on the receiving end more than once of a non-fun prank. I think it's a very needed lesson. Rated down one point just because I thought the dark seriousness of the zomponies might have been a little too much. If I wasn't older I might have gotten...disturbed.  :o

What do zombie ponies want?

That was awful...and yet I'm smiling.  :please:

Hey, they brought back unique music to the end credits again!

I do so enjoy that. It's a nice little detail ya know?  :twi:

So... what ever happened to not pranking Fluttershy?

YES! This!!! 

Although, I'm pretty sure that Pinkie Pie has that rule. During that episode RD was still ready to prank Fluttershy with the turtle, but Pinkie stopped her. 

I'm not surprised that she scared Flutters... but I'm not happy about it. grrrrr...

• Brohoof 10

I'm not sure how to feel here. I think giving Dash a taste of her own medicine in this case makes sense, I kinda doubt Rainbow would have learned any other way. But I can't help but feel it was taken too far.

Her friends didn't just give back what they got. They escalated it even further, way further, to the point where it feels like they need to learn the lesson they were trying to teach her themselves. Maybe it's just me, but as someone who actually used to have a big fear of zombies as a kid, it felt too cruel. I ended up feeling way worse for Dash than anypony else, despite her being fine in the end.

I think if it had been a double moral, with both sides learning not to take things too far, I would have liked it more.

• Brohoof 1

This episode to me was below average.

The biggest elephant in the room is how similar it is to Mare Do Well. And in the episode's defense, it does to things better than the aforementioned episode. The others at least put in the effort to talk to Rainbow Dash and only took extreme measures when it wasn't processing through her, and the payoff is less mean spirited seeing as it was clearly in good fun and not destroying Dash's self-esteem. However, there are still problems.

That first scene is a massive continuity error. Whatever happened to you don't prank Fluttershy? Granted, Pinkie wasn't there to scold her for it, but she should at least be a bit more considerate.

But really my biggest problem is how predictable this episode is. Even if I didn't know anything about this episode prior, I would probably still predict every turn. I would predict RD would go too far with pranking and I would predict that the others would pull a prank to get her back since the out of nowhere zombie apocalypse is to surreal to just happen. 

I will give it credit for being slightly better seeing as this episode wasn't even on good standing with me from the get go.

But still, 4/10.

• Brohoof 2

I read about it and thought it would actually be better than what it was. It was kind of frustrating to watch. I understand it must be annoying to be a victim of pranks all the time, but the other ponies came off as...kind of whiny. Especially Rarity. It's like The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well all over again, y'know? I'm not one for in-depth analysis of a show or its episodes, so...

• Brohoof 1

spoiler alert! On a first viewing I have to say this episode is predictable,somewhat like the pervious episode "Cart Before Ponies" but it is still cute and I feel this episode is what "Mysterious Mare Do Well" should have been where Rainbow Dash really experiences the emotions that the other characters are having and comes to her own realization without much help. I have to say that the animation and lighting seem really well done in this episode and it was interesting to see the ponies with lighter coloring when pretending to be zombies so that grayish look must be the pony version of becoming pale like when one is ill. I wonder if Twilight casted a spell so all the ponies would have that pale color but I don't know. And why wasn't Starlight in this episode? 

• Brohoof 3

This was a decent enough episode and here's why:

First, there's the style of this episode, with this strange mood setting in progressively, until the "apocalypse" started

Also, I could have said that the way they learned Dash her lesson was not fair, but it was the best they could have done it and it basically shows to her what her pranks feels to anypony, but they maybe put that one to a way bigger proportion with that zombie prank compared to the ones she did, but you know in the same time, Dash is one pony who can be out of these types of dangerous situations, so that's that.

This is also an episode that developped Dash in some way and it may have seemed that she could had been developped episodes ago, but for me it was alright on that point.

This episode was also funny at points even if it kinda got repetitive with the pranks at the beginning, as it affected the pace somehow.

Talking about the pace, it wasn't perfect because the zombie prank could have got a bigger place in this episode, but it was not the worst pace either.

Also, it was predictable in a way, but I knew the story because of the promos, so I'm not too big on that.

Also bonus, when the zombie ponies said "COOKIES!" it reminded me of this :

TL;DR: Nice episode with a nice style/humour and some developpement for Rainbow Dash, but it kinda got repetitive in the beginning and the pace wasn't the best, but overall, like I said, nice episode.

Rating: 8 to 8.5/10

Edited by Cosmic V0rtex

This episode was truly enjoyable and The Mysterious Mare Do Well is a far cry from it. The moral wasn't forced. And you know what? I think the denizens of Ponyville were very justified in giving Rainbow Dash a taste of her own medicine. The episode was one of the funnest to watch in a long time and feels like it could've come straight out of the first couple of seasons. Of course people are complaining about the opening scene and I get where they're coming from, but I've said this before and I'm going to say it again: the moment a character loses their flaws is the moment I write them off as uninteresting.

I am probably a minority, but I loved this one and it's one of the better Rainbow Dash episodes of the last few seasons. 9/10. :ph34r:

Oh, and this was instant meme fuel:

post-39037-0-89620400-1471105812_thumb.png

"I see what you did there."

• Brohoof 6