Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How often do you speak to your friends?

Tech Reel

I generally talk to my friends fairly often. My closest friends I speak to roughly every day or so. Sometimes I'll take days where I just want to hole up in my room with my Kindle and ignore everything, but those don't happen to frequently.

For my other friends it varies a bit. For a couple of them our interests became too different, and it's not that we don't like each other a lot still or anything, just that we have nothing in common to do or talk about anymore. Which is sad.

And then there's the friend who I grew up with since I was four, and for eight years we both went to the same single room school house and the same church. So we saw each other near daily. Now in college, we still live with each other and share a house. It's fantastic! But we don't talk much at all over the summer unless he comes over to watch the latest episode of ponies. Or have some tea. Or both. It's not bad, we just need a break from each other since we usually see each other every day during school time.

But generally I keep in touch with my friends. I am pretty bad at starting conversations, but thankfully my friends are usually doing that part so it's easier on me.

I was worried my high school friends would drift apart afterwords, but three years later, we're all still here. I'm very thankful to have such great friends! Dunno what I'd do with out them. Lose my mind probably. 

My IRL friends and I got separated after I switched schools, and they're rarely online on anything either *sigh*

Although, recently, one of my good friends who got expelled from the school I switched from started talking to me again about a week ago. We hadn't talked in a couple of months since we had  a really big argument, which is quite rare with most of my friends, but what do you expect when one person has aspergus and is arguing to someone who is diagnosed with insanity -_-

Like every other day.

I have a group chat with some of my close friends and not so close friends but still pretty close (not everyone contributes all the time of course)

We also have a group page for the nine of us.

We usually make plans to hangout on their every 2 weeks

My bandmates and I get together every week.

People outside of that are like once every 2 weeks.

Edited by Misscellanio

When I see them in person I'm more of a quiet person and I prefer to listen to them rather than speak, though I do obviously add my two cents here and there. Online I'm a lot more confident and I speak to them via facebook pretty much everyday, we like to have big pointless debates over small issues which is always fun.

it all really depends on the friend. I live with my best friend and my boyfriend, so obviously I talk to them every day, but as for all my other friends...ehhhh...we talk probably once or twice a month...I'm not a very social person and prefer to be alone and not talk to anyone. Luckily my friends understand that and don't mind that I fall off the face of the earth every now and then haha

before i lost my self to this forum... i talked to some people on xbox 360, friends list is about 80+ but the people that talk to me regularly never goes over 10... its more like 4...

i dont have friends where i live (i do but their more like...work friends...) because the populus of this town is....less than desirable...

the closest i could get to "cool people" is 40 min drive on a highway... or i could spend 2 or more hours and go to seattle...

• 2 weeks later...

I have friends all over the place from across two forums, to Xbox Live, to work... I try to speak with any friend I have at least once a day just so I don't become depressed. Though I don't game/hangout with them as much as I use to, something I want to fix, but can't.

Mines starting to grow a little bit and how often is a good amount everyday. I'm building up on making friends here and manage to be happy with chatting to them in every few minutes if I count all of them combined

When I'm at school I'll talk to them. (Kinda have too.) But outside of school, I rarely do. I talk to my best friend from time to time, but I try and avoid it since I'm not a fan of texting or talking on a phone, I always find a way to make it awkward.

I'll reply to any message that I have waiting when I log in. I'll check if they're online in case they want to continue talking. If not, then I will leave and wait till later in the day or the next day. Sometimes it can range from a nice conversation the entire day or I talk to no one and listen to music and read.

• Brohoof 1

If seeing friends at school counts, then every day. But if not, I don't really do it all that much. I can occasionally go and see someone, but most of the time I'm too unmotivated to. I'm quite a lot more talkative with internet friends but I still probably shouldn't call myself exactly talkative

Certainly not as often as I should. I mostly spend my time alone and I don't really know what to say to them so I just don't say anything :v Well, my friends outside of the internet that is. It would be much easier to talk to them if they had similar interests but most of them are just people I know from my time in school etc so it doesn't really work out very well..

In real life ? Maybe once a month for the ones outside of college. For my college friends, it depends. Usually every few days to a week if we bump into eachother. Bonus points if we have a class together. I'm not very social but I still do love them all regardless of how much we talk. Ironically, when college is on break, I don't see my friends from college at all.

I do have friends but it's not like "Hey! What's up?" but rather an existential, "you're that guy" kind of greet. To actually speak, is far worst and daunting as you ending up telling something you don't want to or feel embarrassed by doing so. In return I've locked myself from friends because it's ultimately just you in the world.