health Have you ever had braces?

Prospekt

Have you ever had braces?  

62 users have voted

1. 1. Have you ever had braces?

• Yes, I used to have braces
    • Yes, I have braces right now
    • No

I had the misfortune of needing braces twice. That was not because of forgetting to wear a retainer or anything, but because my orthodontist had a two-phase treatment plan. So I had my braces on and off twice from the time I was 8 to the time I was 15.  :dry:

But in the end, I think it was worth it. :) I finally felt confident with my smile.  :please: Plus, I used to have crooked teeth and ran the risk of permanent nerve damage if I hadn't gotten braces.

Has anyone else here had braces, and does anyone currently have braces? I'm just curious to know who else has been through the same thing.  :-P

• Brohoof 1

I'm getting fitted for adult braces next month. I'm then going to have jaw surgery in like 2-3 years to fix my overbite. I just can't wait for it all to be over >.> I had my wisdom teeth removed a couple of months ago and I swelled a LOT, I looked like a troll. 

• Brohoof 1

Yeah I had to get them through high school. I wasn't happy initially. It sucked when the grill would get caught on my lips, or the wires would poke the back of my mouth. But overall it wasn't too big of a hassle. Got them off by senior year. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Once. Long ago. I remember the pain very clearly even to this day.

Ugh, tell me about it... every time I got the blasted things adjusted, it would hurt like hell for a week.

Edited by Prospekt
  • Brohoof 1

Not braces, no. I did, however, have my teeth corrected with Invisalign retainers. They were inconvenient (and occasionally painful) to wear for most of the day, save for eating. Now I just wear night retainers to keep my teeth in place and protect against grinding.

• Brohoof 1

I would say that I had them from 7th grade(middle school) to maybe 11th grade (Junior in high school).

Funny story: the denist let me pick which color rubber bands I would wear around the braces. I chose yellow. As a result, my stepmother would look at my teeth and assume that I haven't been brushing my teeth because of how Yellow they looked, in spite of me actually keeping them clean. :lol: