health Have you ever had braces?

Prospekt

Have you ever had braces?  

62 users have voted

1. 1. Have you ever had braces?

• Yes, I used to have braces
    • Yes, I have braces right now
    • No

Nope, but considering my friends' experiences with that, it's pretty uncomfortable. I never really needed them except my childhood, and my teeth fixed themselves somehow lol

• 2 weeks later...

I did not. I probably needed them, but I'm not sure how that would have ever worked with me, as I have such a sensitive gag reflex. Oh well, not like I ever show my teeth. lol.

• Brohoof 1

i had them a few years back, but now I have permeant retainers installed into my jaw line behind my teeth because those plastic molds they gave me for my teeth kept breaking as my teeth were (and still are) razor sharp (or at least on thin plastic like that, hehe)

• Brohoof 1

Yes, and I was always unlucky with them too. The first day they were put on the whole top row peeled off the glue so I had to get them reattached. Then a month later I had to get a few removed so I could get some of my baby teeth removed that haven't felled off yet, then reattached to the peaking teeth. All it was after that was constant tighting appointments that made gums bleed. It was awful.

I had braces for a year and a half when I was 20. I had an amazing orthodontist and everything went smoothly!

Had to extract two teeth (upper fours) cause my jaw was too tight to fit them all but now when look at my teeth you wouldn't be able to notice there's two missing!

• 2 years later...

Never used them, but I was advised to when I was about 8. They were too expensive for my family, so I just had to go without.

Edited by Cash In

Thankfully, I never needed braces. My sister did have braces when she was young and she hated them.

I used to have braces.

The truth is, I still have a permanent one on the back of my top teeth. I need to keep it to prevent my teeth from ever resetting themselves to how they once were. A couple of my teeth were set quite far back in my mouth prior to me getting braces. Crazy to believe that the wire on the back of my teeth has been there for two decades. :mlp_blink:

I get a little paranoid about it in regards to... well... a certain potential romantic interaction. I really don't want them to be grossed out by it... :twismile:

• 7 months later...

Yup, I had to have them for three years in high school. As painful and annoying as they were, I love the way my smile looks now so I guess it was worth it! Plus, I needed them due to teeth/jaw problems anyways. :twi:

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...