Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How did you get the idea for your O.C

IsraelYabuki

My OC. Zarosian is heavily themed on a game I play called Runescpe, I took names and certain events (Such as the fall of the God known as Zaros) and wrote my own completely original events, and story based around it. 99% of my story is my own content.

As for Zarosian himself, he is meant to be everything I cannot be, Handsome, Powerful but flawed. Basically he is everything I could ever WANT to be. He is also a kind of siphon for all my creative ideas and concepts. 

(really need to write this backstory a little better, but this is the brief version) https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/zarosian-r8963 

I only ever draw him myself, because his proportions and design are so hard for anypony else to replicate. Theres also the fact that I couldn't bare to see my "other self" stolen from me ;w; 

425c11e01e11086835e5dcbd8d080221.png

9257ca746dba90fb415c874a6ea37da3.png

While I can't draw, I can picture my OC perfectly. What I can tell you, I've based my main OC appearance-wise with the dicloni from Elfen Lied (Only his horns. Don't worry, he's not one of them, so he won't be making invisible slicing hands rampages  :please: ), and the Male priests from Disgaea D2, by hair-style and general colt looks like a filly. I've also made him a demon

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/disgaea/images/6/6f/DD2_Heretic_Sprite.png/revision/latest?cb=20131102045655&path-prefix=en

Personality-wise: I got some of me s younger, being bullied at school for not fitting in  :adorkable: , and as a result, gets attached to the few who are kind to him :rarity:

I based mine off foxes, since I love them soo much. I didn't want to be unoriginal and make them a fox pony, so I made them have fox features and coloring. Although her fur color is green, her mane, tail, and eyes I guess, resemvle a fox.

I also made her personality similar to mine, but with fox characteristics, like being playful but shy. She also loves foxes, and helping them is her main talent, I guess with other animals too. I tried not to make her a recolored Fluttershy.

• Brohoof 1

i dont have an "oc" just yet, but i will...

and i sorta know what hes gona be like (personality)

i have extencivly played D&D and variations of, so character development isnt that hard for me...

20% Zur Colburn (crazed mad man, laiden with magic)

+

20% Exanthos (diehard fighter) 

+

60% Master Q ( usualy a palladin, so a "HERO")

that is what my character will be, effectivly... i havent started, but i know how he will be from those chars.

... the look of my character will be hard... cutie mark is done! but the actual "look" will probably be given to me as i suck at drawing.

and i still dont know what he will look like...

My OC has changed quite a bit...one of my roommates and I were trying to think of a hippie type of pony to represent me, but we weren't really getting anywhere with her.

Another roommate of mine wanted to help with the name so we went onto a random name generator and ended up laughing for hours at some of the ridiculous things that came up. One of the names that we LOVED was Sauce Lisa. We decided she was an alcoholic since she loves the sauce so much it's in her name and she would be a unicorn so she could use her magic to keep grabbing booze without having to move. It was a really fun night that ended in my roommate drawing a quick sketch of her and me declaring my love for her.

After Sauce Lisa, I wanted to make my OC her girlfriend so I really just used myself and some colors I liked and came up with a backstory that could go along with Sauce Lisa. It's all ridiculous and weird to think about, but yeah.

My OC only came together because I wanted to make a girlfriend for a different OC. 

And here is my OC, Emerald Aura, with her amazing girlfriend, Sauce Lisa. (Picture drawn by my amazing roommate Shelby)

Emerald%20Aura%20and%20Sauce%20Lisa_zpsf

• Brohoof 1

Oooo. My OC (He's in my sign) has a long story. I got it after year and half being on the forum. Firstly I had nothing but changeling avatar stolen from someone's DA.

1.png

Later I tried to create OC on base of changeling, but unsuccessfully - it was faceless and inconvenient in art and rp stuff. Also it was in difficult period in my life when happened several unpleasant events which changed it. Oh, also it was scary.

tumblr_o19dn3K9WO1v2u2d6o1_1280.jpg

(Thanx to artist who was kind to draw it for me. It's only picture of him)

So I decided to abandon it and made new OC who would be like a pony version of myself, you can say "ponysona". Now my unicorn OC has a legacy of changeling appearence.
It's colors and spots where was changeling holes and crooked horn.

1da7ca981799ceff13bdd6ee5aacdc07.png

Edited by Crypty
  • Brohoof 2

I fell in love with the show so finding this site wasn't too hard as I wanted to try my hoof at writing. Because of my adulating life I generly come home from work or other things late at night where all my writing idea's would keep me up all the more.

So I like mlp and write a lot at night, cresent started to form in my head and before I knew it I was writing an OC story for him and rping  with him

feeling nocturnal and wanting to stand out the batpony idea drew me in, the rest is in the forms here

• 5 years later...

my oc falafel, i dont rly know! i was kind of just like 'hmm i want an mlp oc' and started drawing her until i thought she looked cool enough. shes half deer & half pegasus! i named her falafel cuz its my favorite food and based her personality partially based off of mine and partially based off of characters i like! heres a picture of her falafel.thumb.png.2112d554a9c39e745afaeb13a6dd4987.pngoki.PNG.e19b95cc34f369cafc00a9c7cb9f5076.PNG

she's an expert in equestrian history and is the curator of an equestrian history museum in canterlot!

I came up with Dusky Wings when I first got into the show and wanted to make an MLP OC. I just wrote down what I want for his character and I drew him out from those. I also had to do a bit of experimenting with the design and color to get the OC I wanted, which is how I ended up him.

Spoiler

2146020399_OC_Art2.thumb.png.e9fe8156971dbb2f2b91d3ee71f1d565.png

As for Reality Check, I wanted to make a ponysona that I can base myself IRL, mostly 'cause I thought Dusky Wings was too far off from my real self. So I did the same process, while also including some elements of my real-life self, such as the hat, black mane, and the affinity for digital art

Spoiler

916315860_OC_Art9_19_33AM.thumb.png.eaced6aad28f32dc9999e30be6ff2409.png

• 5 weeks later...

I've always liked telling this story: Shadowmoth was a character I first saw in one of my dreams. In the dream, she was attacking the 6teen main cast, saying cruel things towards them while Caitlin was standing up to her. When I woke up, Shadowmoth somehow stuck around in my mind, and I decided I would expand on her in some ideas I had. And the rest was horse-tory. :P

Scila specifically was originally an attempt at a ponysona that I didn't do much of anything with. After a couple of years, I decided to give her redesign and an actual name and a little later I gave her a small backstory. I still don't do much with her now, but I would like to. Eventually.

Hello. I based my OC on my fanon idea of a family member of Cozy Glow named "Rosy", and Izzy Moonbow's name.

Cozy (Glow) = Rosy

(Izzy) Moonbow = Moonlight

Also, her outfit is based on the 1980's and goofy alien outfits.

It is because the MLP franchise started in the 1980's, and I often feel like an alien because my interests are so different from those around me.

Edited by Rosy Moonlight

Originally, Guiding Light was supposed to be the definitive translator of the Bible into the Ponish language, hence the ankh (like a cross) and the name with obvious religious imagery. Eventually I expanded her to be a Goethe-like literary giant (her cutie mark is somewhat influenced by Goethe as he considered his work on the perception and nature of color to be his most important scientific work), taking on a vaguely late-18th-early 19th century style of dress. The rest has just been multiple variations of her through the ages (though she’ll always have the same dress and look).