Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What did you dream about last night?

(edited)

I am being hit over the head every night with dreams about classes, band/orchestra, and dreams where my grandparents who passed away years ago appear alive.

These used to be occasional dreams, but now they're like every.single.night.

The classes dreams are always late in the semester and have me having forgotten to attend classes for long amounts of time, having essays due immediately, missing finals, etc. They are rather stress-inducing dreams. These dreams were common during my 'break' from college from 2013-2016, but then went away almost entirely when I was back, but now that I'm in another long break they've come back with a vengeance. Geez.

The band/orchestra dreams just make me sad. In these dreams I'm returning to wind ensemble at the uni I graduated from a couple of years ago, returning to the orchestra of the uni I left years ago, or even being in a band directed by my high school band director. I know what these dreams are telling me, but such things can not be at this time and that is very sad to me. (One thing that is interesting - for me - is that whereas in the past when these dreams were less frequent I couldn't decide which instrument I was playing, these recent dreams all have me playing the oboe)

The dreams where my grandparents return are shockingly the least stressful of these, but sometimes they can be rather weird. Like one dream was pretty normal and they were there and that was happy, but then another was where my grandfather had been "revived" and there were some strange vibes from that dream.

Edited by Envy

Last night, I dreamt I had to work from home... my boss's home. I had to drive for a bit to a neighborhood I didn't even recognize and I showed up an hour and a half late. I was introduced to my old office manager and someone who said he was my boss's groundskeeper.

Nothing can top the dream I had where I was greeted at work by my boss and office manager who had gotten drunk.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea what all happened in last night's dream, but I do know it contained someone from my past. The very person that inspired me to use this username because I was so envious of her talent and her beauty compared to me.

I prefer to leave all of that in the past... So dreaming about her is a slight bit awkward. It's like for some reason we were going in a movie theater together, but this would never happen IRL because she never really liked me at all.

All of my dreams are a bit weird as of late, and this one didn't feel any different. Must be the anti-depressant? Lol.

I'm sure there was a topic for this but I can't find it. Admins, apologies if it's a duplicate! 

What did you dream of last night? 

I dreamt I was walking my dog around the local parl and we came across a bunch of needles. I spent the rest of my time trying to get planning permission to clean up the park.. No idea what my brain was thinking :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 1

25 minutes ago, AJ2489 said:

I'm sure there was a topic for this but I can't find it. Admins, apologies if it's a duplicate! 

What did you dream of last night? 

I dreamt I was walking my dog around the local parl and we came across a bunch of needles. I spent the rest of my time trying to get planning permission to clean up the park.. No idea what my brain was thinking :ButtercupLaugh:

Ooooo that's certainly an interesting dream

My dream was about my OC somehow finding herself in the world of Avatar the Last Airbender. It was pretty strange

Spoiler

Stranger still was the fact that Matt appeared in my dream @Lucky Bolt :yay:

53 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

@AJ2489 your dream means theres trouble ahead in a near future with you family and help from others wont come........or i could be wrong.

Oh I hope that isn't the case! 0_0

• Brohoof 1

My dreams are now turning into bizarre fusions of other dreams.

Last night's dream was so random. Lol. I don't even know where to start. It mainly seemed to deal with me going to a medical appointment (which I do have one scheduled tomorrow), but my mom was there, too, doing her own thing, like having her own appointment, except I never was clear on what it was, and didn't think it was medical like mine. We were all scared for all of the exposure we were having to the public during this time. Then the dream switched completely randomly to me being at a college campus going to band/orchestra (IDK which) except I realized I didn't have my oboe with me and I was frustrated. The overall context of this being the medical appointment was still there, though, very confusingly.

Then my dad and I were traveling in the car for some reason and as we drove down this neighborhood it started to get frosty, even though in the dream it was June just like IRL, until we got further in and everything was covered in snow. I was so happy and had to get out of the car and enjoy it.

Later we meet back up with my mom and I try to explain to her the weird phenomenon we ran into, but she has her own stuff to talk to about and doesn't listen.

I have no idea what is going on with my dreams nowadays. Geez.

• Brohoof 1

Last night I dreamt I was playing an io game called stabfish.io (real game), but it was different in my dream. That's all I can remember. 

The dream from the night before that, however, I remember a lot more of: I was helping a deep sea exploration team. I had this camera with a cable so long that it could drop down into the deepest parts of the ocean. I saw lots of deep-water fish and squid. Then I went went into a submersible, dove down, and went inside an underwater lab. Suddenly the dream cut to me driving to Antarctica to meet very friendly Gentoo Penguins. When I arrived at "Antarctica" I was on an island quickly being destroyed by other people. I swam to a safe one and the dream ended. 

• Brohoof 1

Last night I was eating in the kitchen, at the usual table we always have our meals together. I was alone, family having already eaten (it's become a habit IRL lately, for personal reasons).

Pretty normal so far

...except I look left and realize our fridge door was left wide open. So I get up and go to close the fridge, which happens to be shorter than it is IRL but the control panel on top is the same. I check the panel, its display flashes -8 °C for the freezer (instead of the -18 it normally is).
At that point, I wonder how my parents are gonna feel about it when they see the display (for some reason I'm positive they will), which foods mighta begun to go bad (if any) etc.

We've had occasions where we put a lot of stuff inside the fridge, it got warmer and struggled to return to normal; no idea why it entered my dream in this specific instance though. It's also true I've found the fridge door open to a crack once in a while, but not gaping wide like that.

• 3 weeks later...

I was a teenager again, I must've been graduating again because I remember thinking about graduating soon in the dream.  I started randomly painting a wall in school this rich, dark blue colour.  I don't remember if I was even allowed to paint it but no one seemed to be stopping me.  Sometimes people would stop and watch but no one really bothered me(the colour of the wall was this horrid boring manila yellow colour like schools I used to go to back in the 90's).  I almost painted the whole wall blue until some woman stomped towards me from the office and dragged me into her office, she started to scold me and then called my mother.  I had to wait in her office until my mom showed up.  Then when my mom got there, she was talking to her and then looked at me and asked, "do you sometimes...  Feel like you're a god?  As if no consequences come to you?"  And then both me and my mom started yelling right back at her, "I don't think I'm perfect, I'm far from it, lady!" last thing I called her was a "c*nt" and this lady was all flabbergasted and looked at my mother and she was like, "well, I think you're one too" and shrugged.  I woke up before finishing the dream.  The funny thing was that the lady who was scolding me looked like one of the nurses who used to help me while I was still part of the program she worked for.  The nurse is one of the sweetest people I've met while living here so it was kinda funny to see and act towards her in such a way in my dream lol.

It was a weekend, I was playing Terraria with my friend and my parents were gone somewhere. Therefore, there was mum's friend, but she almost ignored me. Also there was a president of some neighbor country, I remember trying to tell my friend that I have a freaking president at home.

Then I looked at the window at the near block-of-flats house and saw two guys. One of them was giant, very buff and about 3 floors tall, the second dude was ordinary. The giant came to the house, broke a window on the third floor with his fist, pulled out a middle-aged man out of this window and dropped him on the ground. I was really scared and almost decided to hide somewhere, but then I saw a policeman. He tried to arrest the giant, but giant pushed him away and was very aggressive, then policeman pointed his gun at him and giant finally surrendered.

And then everything was as usual, except I was playing not only with my friend, but with a bunch of people

• Brohoof 1

I remember I was this girl in my dream.  I think I was part of some sort of art school because there was a lot of art classes here.  Anyways, I had someone follow me around like steve urkel, after refusing him a few times, he finally grew bitter and tried ruining my life.  He joined up with another student who didn't like me much either and they kept ruining my life for no reason.  They even went on to hire someone to "date" me and then cruelly break it off.  Some of the other classmates of one of my classes began catching on and they joined in sometimes.  I couldn't tell how old I was in the dream but it must've been community college since there were older students there too.  The world was like The World of Gumball and there were different species in the class.

I have a dream about one of my friend and she was wearing her full Nepali attires and look rather pretty. I was thinking about asking her out but afraid that it may ruin our friendship.  I woke up with the feeling having a slight crush of her at the moment when strangely I never did till now...sadly we haven't talk for months. so that's that. 

Another dream was I me being in a motorcycle gang and I wanted Ice cream because it was hot. But all ice cream was closed due to covid-19. 

I had the strangest dream last night, my mom was pulling my grandma's casket through the streets on an old-timey hand cart made from wood.  I kept hovering around her saying "I wish I could help" or "I'll call a taxi to take us to aunt Grace's house!" all while forgetting where my aunt was located, like I'd pick up my phone from my pocket and then my aunt's adress would disappear from my mind and I'd forget.  After a while, I guess I got on my mom's nerves because we ended up arguing more than anything.

I dreamed about a Trump commercial, where he got beaten up by some street kids, and then just shrugged and said, "I don't see the problem?"

Spoiler

I never dream or think about politics in this way, but this one scared me somewhat. It is so easy to manipulate through advertisement.

(edited)

Last night I had a dream where I returned to my apartment that I moved out of sometime ago. I've had some apartment dreams lately. This one got kind of weird because although I was really excited about this, things got a bit warped. It was first shown that I'd be returning to the exact same apartment I was in before, but then the numbers were different and I first thought I saw it was on the third floor instead, but then it wasn't and I couldn't find it anywhere. I started walking to the other buildings to see if I could get to it, but the buildings started decaying and falling apart.

On 6/30/2020 at 9:58 AM, Splashee said:

I dreamed about a Trump commercial, where he got beaten up by some street kids, and then just shrugged and said, "I don't see the problem?"

Hide contents

I never dream or think about politics in this way, but this one scared me somewhat. It is so easy to manipulate through advertisement.

That reminds me of once I had a dream with Trump in it myself (eww, I know). For some reason he was in town and for some even more confusing reason he was in our house (really creepy). I have no clue what he'd be doing in a lower middle class home like ours.

I was creeped out and angry in the dream. But later it transitioned to him trying to have a speech at a park or something, and I was there (I would never be at a Trump speech but this gets good). He couldn't have his speech because I was there interrupting him, calling him out for him being bigoted, crooked, ignorant, evil, and a sexual predator. In this dream his security didn't do anything to stop me and just kept on letting me do it, and he ended up getting really offended and speaking in a whiny, high pitched voice. LOL.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

So I had a very interesting dream I have never had before. I was basically visiting my capital, but about 10-20 years into the future. All the subway trains (metro) and escalators were all modern in an Android phone kind of way, all making you feel like you didn't have to do anything but just wait for hours to get to your destination. The design was so plastic and small, yet I could see a little bit of the past through the cracks, making me know that the future, while trying too hard, was still just a facade.

I noticed that the trains were moving much quieter, and smoother. While that felt very cool, it was still annoying to ride! Took forever! And also, at random times, the train cart started making an annoying shake, or a loud noise, again, showing that comfort is relative, no matter what time era you are living in.

Basically, what you get might feel new for a split second, and then you are back into complaining about the details. This time, the world felt like a whole new place, interesting, modern, futuristic. Still the same world I grew up with, but built over with modern facilities. But as soon as it tried to be perfect, it was always something that made it feel average at best.

I managed to steal a few design ideas from my own dream, and I will use it in my projects. It was almost like I went to the future for real, so I will make sure I'll use all of that knowledge, to my advantage! :Pharynx:

Note that I just got an Android smart phone for the first time, just a few weeks back. I think the dream is related to that! It is different, somewhat annoying at time, but it has advantages. Don't tell Google that I used their ideas to go into the future!

Edited by Splashee
spellings
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

NEOWISE scared me during last night as I had 4 hours of continuous nightmares about it being unknown if it would crash into Earth, or hit another planet, which would make it break into pieces that would hit Earth.

Now, it all started with my IRL friend mentioning in my dream that if a comet hits Earth, it doesn't matter where or how, it would be too fast and too damaging for any of us to survive. Now this is something I haven't actually checked, so it was all in my mind.

Also he said that there is no defense against a comet compared to astroids. Again, all in my head.

The main problem is, when I woke up, it never felt like the dream was fake, since the comet is visible in the night sky right now.

I had another return to my old apartment dream. These are becoming really common, and I really don't know why, I have a great living situation. I suppose I just miss the time.