Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What did you dream about last night?

As if leading up to Pi Day, I had a dream about math. D:

I had a dream (more like nightmare) where I was taking classes and for some reason was back in math classes. We had previously taken an exam and the professor was up at the front of the class saying "I was super impressed with the results, you all did fantastic!" until they get up to me and hand me mine and say "Well, except for you..." and I got a 66% on it.

='(

• Brohoof 1

I was in this train station near a rural area. It was night and the world. Well, it looked more expansive. It happens a lot in some of my dreams. As if the dimensions of the sky were bigger. I was waiting to visit my family in the republic of san diego. I don't know if that is a real place or not, by the way. But I was not "myself". I was this old dude that was dressed like a contractor, looking at a picture of "my" family.

A fight breaks among four passengers. And two of them start chasing after the others across the platform. Somehow it feels like it is my obligation to defuse the situation. So, I start running after them. They have managed to tackle them down and I can hear the sounds of the fight.

But when I arrive there. I realize that I cannot distinguish them from one another. They all look the same. And then I hear this voice. "Does it matter?". It is my own voice. "They are always going to fight". I look at myself. And I look like me, now. "C'mon". It said. So, I followed. I told the voice that there was no place to go. But it answered that it didn't matter, as long as I kept moving. So, I start running and hear the gunshots that wake me up.

It made me wonder, whether that contractor dude would have died, had it not being me. Because until that point, I was determined to stop that fight. But when I turned into myself. The idea started to seem like nonsense. Perhaps, that man was a better person than me. Perhaps, he thought of his family. And that was enough to cost him his life. It was a troubling dream.

I was Batman - the police found my batmobile and put locks on it's wheels so I couldn't drive it, then I was carried off in a vehicle by the police. I arrived at a construction site where Devastator (the Transformer, he was in the form of Michael Bay's Devastator depiction in Revenge of the Fallen) was roaming around. I was Optimus Prime, and I had to hide from Devastator's sight in the construction site or he would catch me. I transformed into a construction vehicle and Devastator (not knowing it was me) picked me up to attached me to him. Then Devastator took damage (from having me attached to him?) and exploded! I woke up afterwards, confused as to why I dreamed of Batman and Transformers and slightly unsettled because the "hide from Devastator" part was intense and scary.

This sounds so pony that it's just made up, It's not. When thinking about ponies a lot when awake, I think they come to my dreams too for a reason.

I had a dream once where Luna appeared to me in a warm, star-filled night. She was looking down on me with a gentle, calming face, and spoke to me in a kind yet wise voice. She told me that I was special and had a great destiny ahead of me, then gave me a mysterious gift that I could only describe as pure magic. It was a beautiful dream, and one I will never forget. Many moons has past since this happened, but I carry this with me for ever.

Just a couple of hours ago. It was a bad dream. I should have realized it in time. But I started to lose control and things began to degrade fast. Buildings appearing an disappearing out of nowhere. The structure of the room I was in, randomly changing shape.
I know that when this happens, things are gonna get bad. Because I start to descend into the subconscious. So many corpses buried in there, most of which look like her.

So, I was in my bedroom. The barred window that gives into the roof was still there. I get close to it. And there I see a man with a bare chest, standing. A healthy body and mind. Unlike this sh*t. He was me. The real me.
We just stared at each other. He looked solemnly sad. But the pain started to crawl under my skin, regardless.
I open my eyes, and see my mother carefully peeking into the room. Before she realizes that I am already staring at her. Sometimes I feel sad for her. It is like feeling sad for the person that killed your favourite dog. It makes no sense.

But I am better now. I am having some nice food. And if there is something that we know with scientific certainty, is that chicken makes everything better. Especially when it is shaped like a happy face.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of things happened. I had one part where this white figure comes to me and told me not to head or go near Babylon. Telling me Babylon is a very horrible and torturous place beyond description. I walked to see what they mean. There on the other side was the city of Babylon. It’s was chaotic and the shouts of burning witches and such. I didn’t cross it yet but watched from afar.

The community gathered around this one boar and it was to be tortured and killed along with this one woman who was accused of witchcraft. They told me to stick around and watch the show. I stood there like I was trying to force myself to watch. Just when they’re about to start, I ran far away from it because I wouldn’t bear the sight of witnessing torture. Sadly I can hear the awful same scream in the back. That same scream I kept hearing from my previous dream. 

Then I came upon this aquarium with many strange fishes and it was quite peaceful but at the same time I was feeling a bit exhausted from that last episode to enjoy the sight of it.

Then my dream shifted over to me being this worn out soldier- I believe my rank was high- feels like it has been a long year serving. I was packing up my stuff because it was time to go. I don’t remember why but I believe it was taken place again during WW 2 because I remembered hearing from my radio there’s a mention about Stalin winning over the German. Two supposedly a lawyer come by and helped me pack my things. My last thought was retirement without knowing where this will take me. 

That was the end of my dream.

I woke up and as everyone know me but I always like looking deeper into my dream and what it’s trying to tell me. The city of Babylon represented the rejection of God. A city where people seeks wealth and power over everyone and everything. Boar represents success in your life and the challenges I will have face to meet that goal with the right ambition. To kill a boar means I have overcome difficulties and become successful. But at what cost? The aquarium represents isolation and being limited.

I have two choices; choose the high ground but suffer from the sacrifice and doing something I won’t feel comfortable because I would have to do as I was told in order to achieve my goal and become successful. Hence the crowd forces me to watch the boar getting tortured. The consequences of being a leader. Or chose to run away from the responsibility, power, and the losses just to be confined, restricted, and isolated. (aquarium). In my dream, I chose that path feeling relief but wonder if I made the right choice. The last part about the soldier,  is just sigma I’ve fighting against. To be chained. At the end, I figured I don’t want either of these two paths because no matter what I choose I will still feel chained. The feeling of just wanting to break out and be free.

I dreamed about being back in middle school in my private school and I was solving this difficult math problem. I  actually got it all hammered down and was feeling proud of myself that I was able to figure out the problems myself. Just when you was about to finish it and turned them in, my teacher interrupted me. He told me that I need to go and see the principal immediately because I was in big trouble. He said it right in front of everyone and all eyes was on me.

The students snickered and I heard them saying “oh that’s so typical of TBD getting in trouble again”. I didn’t really remember doing what I was accused of and tried to explain to my teacher that it wasn’t me and I don’t even know what he was talking about. He didn’t bother to listen to me and demanded me to go to the principal office to serve a week of suspension. Funny that I probably do remember what I did but didn’t thought it would be this bad. I tried to explain again but he won’t have it. So I just walk out of the classroom feeling ashamed and angry.  It’s was kinda a bit traumatic eventful dream.

I dreamed that it was Christmas instead of Easter. I find this funny, I think it's my brain rejecting Easter/Spring and saying "It needs to be Christmas/Winter again!"

Well, this is a little too long. But I was recently playing darkest dungeon and lost my entire save due to the most fearsome boss in the game. The infinite loading screen. So, this must have triggered a dream about darkest dungeon. And it wasn't about the first game, nor the current sequel. But it was another darkest dungeon II. And it was awesome, actually.

Similar artstyle and gameplay, but bigger and better.

So, I was playing in the ruins during a combat encounter, and there were two characters I could not recognize in my party. It was the turn for the character in the second position. The duelist. A slender octopus creature with a noble attire and a gentlemanly posture. Then, I open the menu to see what the hell this character does, and there is a full blown inventory with helmet, armor, and two pairs of slots for each one of his arms/tentacles, at least the ones he was not using to stand on its tentacle feet.

I also see this barbarian hammer in the party inventory, which makes me believe there is a barbarian class now, possibly replacing the hellion, or in addition to it. And I try to equip him with it, but I notice that most of his skills become greyed out. And then I see that each weapon he has equiped unlocked some of his different abilities. He has a rapier, a writting feather, a flintlock and a rare knife callled the fork.

I look at the fork and it has the ability to hit multiple times during the same turn, with a stacking bleed chance. The rapier unlocks his duelist thrust that has low damage but higher critical chance the further back he is, and moves him forward, and the feather enhances his ink cloud attack that greatly reduces the enemy party accuracy, but it also reduces his damage. So, a "what is mightier" sort of deal.

Then I hover over the skill unlocked by the flintlock to target the fishman shaman at the back, which is a simple shot, and the enemies that can be affected by it are immediatly highlighted, including a spider chandelier over their formation. Apparently in this "sequel" there are environmental objects. So, I shoot at the chandelier on the ceiling and it falls over the two enemies in the middle rows, stunning them and doing a reasonable amount of damage.

Next goes an enemy sailor with a broken bottle but he misses the jester in the third position.

Next goes the second character I cannot recognize in my party. It is the brawler class. I open the inventory, to see his setup. One of his skills is a shove move that shuffles an enemy and stuns the other. There is another greyed out skill that allows him to grapple an enemy depending on how much life they have, disabling both him and the target from doing any action.

But what really defined this character is that he could combo, so I can see that the area of attack for some of his skills had a glowing dot in it. And provided you chained his different skills in the correct order each turn, this would allow him to perform different finishers. So, even if some of his abilities seemed kinda mediocre at first, the finishers that they unlocked were really, really powerful. It was really cool, actually. And it required to think ahead.

So, I shoved the enemy in third position to the back, bringing the pelagic shaman to the third position while also stunning the creature. Effectively cancelling his turn.

Next is the jester. And this is a fully decked party during late game, it seems like. So, I look at his inventory. And see a fancy letter opener, an item called the mask of tragedy in the helmet slot, which greatly increases the stress he receives but also his chance to become virtuous. And then a musical intrument called the devil's violin in his other weapon slot, that unlocks a unique skill called strain of chaos. Which makes enemies above a certain stress level have the chance to target and attack each other, but he cannot play any of his other tunes to either reduce stress or buff your party with this item equipped.

This is the moment I realize that there are ancestral items that come with their unique skills, and that enemies now have stress too. It was overwhelming. So, I hover over the fourth character in my party. The occultist. His setup were mostly new skills that dealt stress damage and become more potent the lower the light level, and wyrd reconstruction. I also imagine that there was no vestal in my party because I had an eldritch creature, namely the duelist.
Then,  I start looking at the other sections in the character menu, and see there is a fifth party member sitting on the benches. The houndmaster. So, my guess is that characters now could fall in combat, besides dying, and you can actually have the fifth party member replace them. Which makes sense, because next I looked at the map. And it was huge.

It was actually an open world that emcompassed the old isle/peninsula from the first game. Yes, an open world map with randomly generated pathways that led into the different areas. I can see the time of day. I can also see that there are the ruins which are connected to the darkest dungeon with a weird marker obove it, the farming fields, the old battleground, the cove, a couple of other locations, various points of interest and the town, with what looked like trading routes, one of which went between the town and the cove, where I had managed to build a trading port.

So, I imagine that now it was possible to build in the dungeon locations the further you progressed their levels by killing the resptective bosses, to retake your land and unlock unique perks and upgrades. As I said. There was a whole other layer of management and complexity added to the game.

Also, I noticed there was this magenta hue to the ruins, which was unnatural. So, I check the map, and realize that the ruins were now being affected by the other areas in the game. So, since I hadn't quested on the cove for some time already. The enemies from the cove had moved into the ruins, changing the mechanics from the ruins. Which explained why there were sunken rooms, and fishmen there. It was pretty awesome. I believe this would have affected the possibility to spawn unique events and bosses, too. Really, really cool concepts that were confined to the dream.

So, I return to the jester, to decide what is my next move, and the dream ends. Just like that.

But this was the darkest dungeon II from my dreams. It was still darkest dungeon in spirt. But just bigger and better. And it is gone now. But it was amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

I dreamed I was fishing in an underground pool; a manmade rusted-out basin of some sort with a tiny little fish swimming in it. I was trying to get that fish but managed to get one twice as large (about two inches long) and I was very pleased with myself because I’m no good at fishing.  

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Probably, one of the weirdest dreams I ever had. I was playing this video game from another dream I had three years ago.

It is like a combination between the classic doom games and diablo 2. With tons of items, customization, classes and different environments, dungeons, towns, and this massive, multi-leveled tower that you can revisit during the game to unlock various items that help you progress with the rest of the game. But it is mostly optional.

And the last time there was this gigantic humanoid skull boss like a spider tank with cannons growing out of each of its multiple eye sockets. It was interesting the design, because it reminded me of this drawing I made long time ago, but much better.
And this boss was locked behind a very complicated puzzle that was like a labyrinth of water canals and moving parts, that actually had a logical solution. And I had solved it, but never got to face the actual boss, because I was afraid of it, until now.

So, I am about to fight it this time around. But a couple of old women pull me away from the pc, and I realize that I am actually inside the living room of this very classy house. And then they show me this elaborate letter with flowing hand-writting that I didn't get to read, and tell me that I need to sign it.

But they go upstairs with it before I get the chance, so I followed them into this room and they throw the letter in the middle of a king size bed. So, I get into the bed, and notice that one of them suddenly starts to undress. While the other one grabs me. And I pull back, because the old woman was hurting my arm.
And I manage to get away, but they start yelling and spraying me with perfume now. And one of them then begins to run downstairs again, and I follow after to escape the house. But the second sister, just behind me. Pushes me into the living room. Where there is the husband of one of them, I guess.
And the old man looks at me enraged. And I try to explain myself. Because they were telling him that I had attacked them. But then there is this pause. And all of the sudden they all start to laugh at me like it was a prank. But their teeth look horse-like. And their laughters become a neigh, too. And when I try to talk again, I can only make donkey sounds.

So, I back away from them and get out, while they are still looking at me with this satisfied smirks on their faces. Then I close the door behind me, and walk across the sidewalk, where I can see one of the sisters messing with my save game through the windows. Acting like brats, instead of older people.

And that was it, I never got to defeat the boss. Still, a very different dream to what I am used to. Because generally speaking, the characters in my dreams are like archetypes within a story that serves a narrative purpose. While these people felt like animals instead. Wild and unpredictable, but cunning still. And with a sense of humor on top of all.

Also, I lost the chance to play the game. But there are more dreams to be had. Not this time, though.

I dreamed my mom caught a cold. In reality I’ve been trying to keep her from catching a cold that has been going around, because she takes care of my grandpa a lot and he’s very frail and vulnerable. She’s doing okay in real life, but in the dream I was crestfallen because I was upset that all our efforts were for naught.

Holy hell I haven't been in the forums for maybe years now.

So last night I dreamed I was being rounded up with others by a buncha weird people. For some reason they decided to bring some personal belongings back, including my little Swiss army knife. I grabbed it, and it actually contained like two dozen different tools, like a screwdriver and a small pair of pliers. I ran for it, broke out of prison, tore a panel off the wall, and used that panel to snowboard down a very steep hill (this part was the longest).

A couple weeks ago, I dreamed that I’d moved into a country house with a huge empty plot of dirt on the front. I was with my dad on my new neighbor’s plot (same layout) and they seemed like a pretty nice person.

Before that, it was some ghosts in a mansion, seemed like students who’d died doing rituals from a massive ancient book. They tried to subtly incite me to perform a rite too, then chased me around the mansion when I refused.

• Brohoof 1