Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you hum/whistle/sing to yourself?

Plume

If I'm listening to something, I might get the urge to do it, and I most of the times will sing/hum/whistle along. Mostly when I'm bored though.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

This is a thing I have been doing a lot lately.

I sit around bored and just randomly belt out a tune from some game.

Sometimes, it's not enough. That's when I pull up Majora's Mask OST on youtube and just wail along with it.

It's freaking ridiculous.

I also have the worst habit of taking songs with lyrics, and reworking the lyrics to have opposite meaning. But I do that without any forethought or planning, so the dumbest things end up flying out of my mouth.

Some of my favorite songs to randomly sing (what few lyrics I know from them) are Gorillaz' "Highway (Under Construction)," "Fly Me To The Moon," and "You're The One That I Want" from Grease.  I used to have all the lyrics from Led Zep's "Stairway to Heaven" and Weird Al's "Amish Paradise" memorized, but no longer.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I do like to hum or sing to myself when I'm alone, but never when anyone's there because officially I don't sing and I don't want anyone to hear me. I have a really bad voice anyway, I kind of just do it to alieviate boredom and it seems to put me in good mood.

• 2 weeks later...

I always sing to myself, I love to do it since I actually sound good in my own head. That's why I hate voice recorders  :adorkable: I don't do it so often when I'm around people unless someone I hear music playing, if I do I can't help it :please:  

I...I didn't even knew anyone else d-did that... I had always assumed it was just a symptom of a disorganized mind & something that was wrong with me... K-kind of tearing up here...*sniff*     

...Y-you know what? Think I've earned the right to make my first ever emoticon for anything ever.

:blush:

B-but to answer your question. Yes, all three. Rhythm has always been a very huge thing with me. Humming less so, as I feel that's the more atonal of the choices. When it comes down to it, I can never remember more then a few lines from any song & then again I can fumble up the lyrics, but sometimes that makes the song funner. But when I do, I can hear the full orchestra & band playing behind the words as clear as if the radio was on.

I can't pucker very well, so I never learned how to whistle like people showed me but I managed to out of sheer force of will! I do this sort of open-mouth breathy thing that somehow comes out sounding like a whistle without all the tongue gymnastics, heh. I am constantly whistling snippets of the american translation to the Sailor Moon theme song in attempts to settle my nerves. The day somebody calls me out correctly on what song it is, is the day I willfully combust into flames of embarrassment!

When it comes to singing, I feel I am a decent mimic. I can pretty much hit every trill & drawn out lyrical note the singers I listen to do, even if I don't really know how my own voice sounds. Always sounds so deep on recordings that it spooks me. That being said, think I do a pretty spot-on impersonation of Bruno Mars. Even if he's not anywhere near my top ten, hee...

Course I reflexively only sing or whistle when I feel I'm where nobody can hear me, especially when in the shower; yet to meet a shower stall without excellent acoustics!

Heck, I'll even lip sync & mouth the lyrics to a song that's stuck in my head in a crowded public area if I'm kept idle for too long. Heh, anything you can do with your mouth I tend to to do frequently.

...W-w-w-w-wait! N-n-not like th-that!!!

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I sometimes hum to myself, or I might sing along to the radio if I'm driving alone...but I can't whistle. :twismile: 

Or sing when I'm looking away but not when I'm looking at you as if my eyes have to do with my hearing.....:mlp_toldya:

I do all 3 all the time. If I'm not doing one of the three I'm either tired or really focused.